Screen on time

Search This thread

jclu52

Mar 25, 2013
60Hz, Airplane Mode, WiFi on, BT on, power saving mode on, adaptive brightness:

AccuBattery estimates 12h 20m SOT
GSam estimates 9h 36m SOT

Power Saving Mode was on by accident. I can't remember when or how it was turned on either 🤦‍♂️

catelusii

Sep 1, 2010
Hello! Just I buy this phone s20 FE 5G... For the moment, I do not see ghost touch and the battery are very good. Stil on Android 10. I do not update to 11.
My question : What do you recommended? To stay in Android 10 OneUi 2.5 or to update to Android 11 OneUi 3.1?
... I am afraid about battery. Some people say: more battery drain on Android 11.
Thank you!

EDIT!

I updated. The battery drain more in standby.
... With power save function and 120hz activated, I get 8-9 hours SOT
from 100% at 7AM to 3% at 11:45 PM

P.S. in OneUi 3.1 you can activate 120hz on powersave only with the app: "Galaxy Max Hz." Nedd acces ADB ..... ( NO ROOT NEED )

Galaxy Max Hz.

activate usb debug on developer mode
connect to PC and enter this commands:

adb shell echo success
adb shell pm grant com.tribalfs.gmh android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
adb kill-server
diconect phone from PC

In the end, deactivate usb debug on developer mode. (it is for your safety)
Done!

Last edited:

ad14051991

Jun 17, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Here is mine
Screenshot_20210518-205808_Device care.jpg

Hamura

Hello everyone.

I find that the battery does not hold very much do you have any tips?
I am generally in 120Hz mode day by day and night by night.
the trick of economic mode with 120Hz seems good but it's a shame to restrict the processor to 70% and not to use with all its power isn't it?

(5G version).

thank you.

eghon

Nov 19, 2015
HI ,
My battery on s20 FE Exynos is crap. Not more than 4 hours. Biggest drainer is Google Play services. I tried many different tips on youtube or online. Is working for some days and returns the probleam.

Have you find a solution?

Regards.

aikattx

Oct 17, 2013
ASUS ZenFone 8
i buy the s20 plus exynos version last year, used it for 3 months and sold it to buy the s20 fe 5g snapdragon. The performance and battery life is 100% difference ! Exynos has been crap since s8 ! Now with s20 FE 5g i got 6-7 hours of sot , (cellular, wifi, location, bluetooth &120hz enabled) !

Fatalise

Jan 14, 2022
I get 5hours max of SOT on exynos with :
60HZ
power save ON
Auto brightness - OFF {they use camera as light sensor so it added 1hour of SOT}
Allways on - OFF
NO games or anything, just whatsapp, Messager and chrome.

I was used to xiaomi note 8 pro which did like 8 hours minimal :D imagine my surprise

According to GSam the biggest consumers are android system and android core. I believe that samsungs crapware is gonna have something to do with that, although I used https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/clean-os-4-rom-stock-based-rom-exynos-snap4g-snap5g.4386251/ ADB debloat script

I'm waiting patiently for Lineage OS .....

And the phone is like 5 months old...
Let's see what oneUi 4 does
[UPDATE] ONEUI4 gave me 1hour SOT+

Last edited:

srosner

Dec 20, 2012
After update to Android 12 on my S20 FE 5G (SD version) I get really bad SOT, ~6 hrs max from full charge to empty with 120Hz and a lot of gaming. Before I used to have ~8 hrs. Also 'super fast' charging got really slow all of a sudden. Something got really screwed in the latest update.

Jan 25, 2013
After update to Android 12 on my S20 FE 5G (SD version) I get really bad SOT, ~6 hrs max from full charge to empty with 120Hz and a lot of gaming. Before I used to have ~8 hrs. Also 'super fast' charging got really slow all of a sudden. Something got really screwed in the latest update.
This is very true, here it is also like this!!!

Fatalise

Jan 14, 2022
Worst phone ever -
Powersave on, all app sleeping ( I don't even get notifications from WhatsApp.

Bluetooth,wifi,sync all off
Data turned on only when I used app.
23 to 17 overnight in airplane mode.

Screenshot_20220218-075652_Device care.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

srosner

Dec 20, 2012
even after the UI 4.1 update from today the battery and charging issues are not fixed. really don't understand why they wouldn't fix issues many users have reported on their official forums.

srosner

Dec 20, 2012
can you write about what problems? I'm thinking about this phone but I haven't heard that they have any problem with it ???

Yes, as I wrote previously, after the Android 12 update the phone battery lasts much less than before, mainly during gaming sessions etc. in addition when charging using 'super fast charging' I get longer charging times than I used to get before the update. it is even comparable to regular 'fast charging' , ~1hr10mins to charge from around 20% to 100%.
Overall, I do recommend this device, as it is very good value for money, but only if you get the SD865 model, and if you can, try to avoid the android 12 update.

Reactions: adek89

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can you write about what problems? I'm thinking about this phone but I haven't heard that they have any problem with it ???

Yes, as I wrote previously, after the Android 12 update the phone battery lasts much less than before, mainly during gaming sessions etc. in addition when charging using 'super fast charging' I get longer charging times than I used to get before the update. it is even comparable to regular 'fast charging' , ~1hr10mins to charge from around 20% to 100%.
    Overall, I do recommend this device, as it is very good value for money, but only if you get the SD865 model, and if you can, try to avoid the android 12 update.
    It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

S20 FE Exynos

Easy 6. 5 to 7 hours SOT

80% on wifi / 20% on 4G,
    120 HZ Always,
    35% Brightness,Auto brightness off,
    Dark mode, Always on display (always active),
    GPS always on,
    BT on only when needed occasionally,
    moderate to heavy use ( no gaming though) with lots of youtube, whatsapp, FB and callings......

Extremely satisfied .....

Just not satisfied with charging though via out of the box 15w slow charger so got a 25w charger and bingo, issue resolved...
    Tragedy.... Exynos.... Barely 4 hours of SoT
    SnapDragon,
    Getting about 5 hours SOT maybe 5.5, standby is pretty great though.

Much better than my s9+ that was about 3 hours SOT and horrible stand by
    Snapdragon model here...

I'm averaging around 8-9hrs SoT with the following set-up:

• Optimized Power Mode
    • 120hz on
    • 40% brightness
    • Auto Brightness off
    • Dark Mode always
    • AoD off
    • 80-90% on WiFi / 10-20% on 4G
    • 5G disabled in settings
    • BT on when needed (headphones or Xbox controller for xCloud)
    • All apps set to sleep, restrict background data and notifications turned off other than Gmail, Textra and FB Messenger
    • Moderate to heavy use (mostly gaming, Chrome, Spotify, Camera and a bit of YouTube)

AccuBattery Screens:
    https://i.imgur.com/uOSnxJy.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/4jbSYjn.jpg
    Snapdragon as well for me.

Initially wasn't amazing (4-5 hours SOT) but after doing the little bixby routines trick to enable medium power mode while maintaining 120hz, this helped a LOT.

120Hz
    25-50% brightness
    Auto Brightness Off
    Dark Mode in all things
    Mostly on Wifi
    Location Services Off
    4g Radio Only
    BT here and there with headphones
    Greenified most stuff before I realized that there is a window to do this in the battery, so set it there today, but initially greenified
    No gaming, mostly daily tasks, browsing, calls.

Charged it again this morning from 9% and at that time had just over 8 hours SOT. Pretty pleased with that