Screen on time

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa
What type of games do you play?
I can hardly get 7 hours of SoT if I played PUBG mobile for 2 hours.
I tried to reply sooner but XDA was going through the migration thing. The games I play are Call of Duty Mobile at 120hz and in between Clash of Clans to kill time. The total play time for both these games are around 2.5 hours and I get 13 Hours SoT on mobile data.

Overall to say I'm very satisfied with this phone. Just a bit jealous of the new Xiaomi coming with 108Mp Camera.

Reactions: Mysteryagr

aytamal

Jan 18, 2011
I have just installed 12.0.6 version came to my phone and it looks like battery drain issue is solved. It's been an hour i installed it and just %1 battery drain with normal usage at work(notification check, phone call, etc). I will update the post later on.

pak lah

Aug 13, 2008
I once have 10h SOT using mobile data at 3%
Overall quite impressive. A liltle bit better than my Mi Max 3.
Especially when used as wifi hotspot, almost twice the endurance compare to my previous phone.

Poco x3 nfc

Jan 6, 2021
I used half brightness, half audio, 12.0.7, turn off all dark mode OS and in app, turn off NFC and location, auto sync, auto update in CH play and 120hz all time, 3g data about 70% of time.
Is it normal with the over 5000
mAh battery

Screenshot_2021-01-06-21-58-00-531_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
Screenshot_2021-01-06-21-58-12-081_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
Screenshot_2021-01-06-21-58-18-992_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

ramnoob

Sep 14, 2014
lahore
If someone has a battery issue you can try what i just did yesterday. Go to about the phone and update click in the right upper corner and click download newest update or something like that :p it will download full 2.4 gb rom and after that just do the update, maybee that 240 mb was quack

Now i have pretty decent sot i think but its only the begining :D

What is the software version you are using and what was the software you were on when you did this? Got my phone a week back, it gives 8 hrs sot with auto brightness, wifi all time on and 120Hz refresh rate.

I am currently on latest miui build, if i download the build again it downloads the same version of build that i currently have, should i download and flash anyway?

How much sot are you getting and on what setting?

@ralphy._ralphy

Feb 3, 2021
the battery of the phone is garbage... imho

5000 mah and the screen time is 5-6 hours.
trhe problem is the display that drain all the charge. i see the battery information right now 6 hours of screen , 92% of display battery usage, all the rest are applications and system. hope that xiaomi and poco will fix something.
I disagree

Attachments

diNovoM

Aug 30, 2013
Here 16h SOT + some idle, with 12.0.7 fw, Corvus OS 14 and amazing Extreme Battery Saver. Dark mode (yeah higher drain but for visuals and readability) and Corvus clear theme. ~30% bright, 90hzmin, with mixed use (browsing, little gaming, video, etc), microg, Wifi, always Vpn, Signal (no google push but draining websocket). Dunno why Nova had such a drain here, did change few settings but not 2h+? Also did note some errors in logcat.
About pic4 that's with mobile data and near full brightness outside, showing some videos to friends, but mostly idle drain due to signal+ mobile data, thats known forced drain.

SOT1-01.jpegSOT2-01.jpegSOT3-01.jpegSOT4-01.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: pnin