• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Screen on time

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the Samsung Galaxy S21 / S21+ / S21 Ultra before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

HugePotato

Apr 27, 2009
Cracow
Pretty damn average on S21 128GB Exynos version. Accubattery says max 6h on charged battery and it's pretty in line with my experience. Charged in the evening (around 19:00) and unplugged, I could only do 4 hours SOT before it died around 17:00 the next day.

HugePotato

Apr 27, 2009
Cracow
Previously I smartswitched and set everything up. I factory resetted the phone, SOT did not seem to get much better than previously reported but I think idle drain is a little better. I don't, however, have all apps set up yet and also changed Messenger to Lite, uninstalled facebook.

etiennedefqvx

Jun 28, 2011
Battery life is poor on mine (Exynos) : around 2.5h SoT after a day of use, mostly in WiFi. I actually can't use it for a day even though I try to save as much battery as possible.

Initially migrated through SmartSwitch, I did a factory reset without this migration and still have poor battery life after 9 days of use.

I'm really considering returning the phone.

Reactions: hanifh

Gizmo_x

Jan 9, 2011
Battery life is poor on mine (Exynos) : around 2.5h SoT after a day of use, mostly in WiFi. I actually can't use it for a day even though I try to save as much battery as possible.

Initially migrated through SmartSwitch, I did a factory reset without this migration and still have poor battery life after 9 days of use.

very bad battery usage... no idea what is eating at background of the device...

billozy

Nov 12, 2014
lackawanna
I have the unlocked snapdragon version, i dont know guys maybe you should try to do a hard reset. I'm getting great SOT with wifi and 5g
Screenshot_20210303-173706_Device care.jpg

subhani

Dec 9, 2010
The Exynos curse strikes again eh? I vowed never to touch another Galaxy phone after a similar experience with the S20 last year.
It's definitely not as good as my previous two or three devices. Especially my last one. But that's not a fair comparison. Most people don't own those or even know about them (Chinese imports - flagship chips with high refresh rate displays too). I've only owned this for just over a couple days and idle drain overnight is too high. Actual SOT is average. Not terrible or awesome. Just about acceptable. My concern is, how it will hold up in the one year or more life cycle of my ownership, if this is its performance four days into owning it.

billozy

Nov 12, 2014
lackawanna

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on 2.5h SOT. Same setup on p30 pro was giving me 7h 😲😲😲 of course it was without 5g and no 120hz but still it's a huge difference... let's see how it evolves

Just returned it, that's really not worth 700+€.