Question Screen on time

Search This thread

jbrzoska093

Dec 25, 2015
Hello i own iPhone 12 pro max, but heavily considering oneplus 9 pro because of being lighter and having less width, how much screen on time you guys getting and LTE/Wi-Fi mixed and auto brightness after updates?

procent

Jan 29, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
After the last update I'm getting 6-8h SOT with lower resolution, 120hz and WiFi and LTE 50/50, BT always on, sync on. When I'm using my phone as WiFi hotspot i can get only 2-3h SOT.
Before update I had 3 to 5h max.

lendawg

Dec 31, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
This is where I'm at currently. A little less screen time then normal but that's because I was playing company of heroes.
Screenshot_20210415-075612.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-075607.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-075607.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 221

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
I don't generally look up my screen on time but I can definitely say that there is significant improvement in battery life in star to day usage after that last update over the weekend. I can easily go the whole day if I don't get into an hours long gaming session.

lendawg

Dec 31, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
I don't generally look up my screen on time but I can definitely say that there is significant improvement in battery life in star to day usage after that last update over the weekend. I can easily go the whole day if I don't get into an hours long gaming session.
Unfortunately tmobile doesn't have 11.2.3.3 yet I can't wait to see if it improves when I get the update.

spydersilk

Oct 6, 2010
Tmobile version here. Not overly impressed with battery life so far, but I haven't gotten any new updates either. I turned down resolution just to see if that helps, but I hate having to hamper a high end phone for better battery life.
I'm around 4 hours SOT

rmendez011

Unlocked OnePlus 9 Pro on Verizon, with update 11.2.3.3. Being mostly on WIFI as well as Bluetooth, and Location being on all the time, 1440P 120hz. I'm only getting around 4 hours 30 mins with 15% battery life left.

I got the same 4 hours 30 mins with my previous 6T, same with my 3T before that. No idea if my apps are the issue or I have bad luck.

Ultraman666

Apr 8, 2010
Kansas
OnePlus 9 Pro
Tmobile version here. Not overly impressed with battery life so far, but I haven't gotten any new updates either. I turned down resolution just to see if that helps, but I hate having to hamper a high end phone for better battery life.
I'm around 4 hours SOT
I have the tmobile version as well and im getting around 6 to 7 hours SOT depending on my day

lendawg

Dec 31, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm around 4 hours SOT
Try leaving it plugged in overnight after wiping cache in recovery. I did that and it did wonders for my battery life. It's something to do with how google implemented app optimization it doesn't do it unless it's on the charger at 100 percent without being messed with that's why overnight works best.

Reactions: spydersilk

AwkwardUberHero

Nov 2, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
Try leaving it plugged in overnight after wiping cache in recovery. I did that and it did wonders for my battery life. It's something to do with how google implemented app optimization it doesn't do it unless it's on the charger at 100 percent without being messed with that's why overnight works best.
I haven't received the 11.2.3.3 on my TMO variant either. I've used Pixel phones for years, this is my first op device. How do you clear cache in recovery on these devices? Thanks.

Unlocked OnePlus 9 Pro on Verizon, with update 11.2.3.3. Being mostly on WIFI as well as Bluetooth, and Location being on all the time, 1440P 120hz. I'm only getting around 4 hours 30 mins with 15% battery life left.

I got the same 4 hours 30 mins with my previous 6T, same with my 3T before that. No idea if my apps are the issue or I have bad luck.
pretty much the same for me.
4 1/2 to 5 hours SOT with 1440p 120hz and AOD active.
With my 3t i got about 3-4 hours SOT (new). Now with the worn-out battery 2-3 hours max

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read this for better understanding

If you have root you can also do the process manually
    Run this with your favorite terminal emulator:
    su -c "cmd package bg-dexopt-job"
    I'm around 4 hours SOT
    I haven't received the 11.2.3.3 on my TMO variant either. I've used Pixel phones for years, this is my first op device. How do you clear cache in recovery on these devices? Thanks.
    Just spoke with Tmobile as I'm not happy with the camera lately. Fuzzy pictures and just horrible snaps. They gave no info on the update. They said just to make sure auto updates turned on,so, hopefully we get something soon
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone