Question Screen on time

Search This thread

rmendez011

pretty much the same for me.
4 1/2 to 5 hours SOT with 1440p 120hz and AOD active.
With my 3t i got about 3-4 hours SOT (new). Now with the worn-out battery 2-3 hours max
I don't even use AOD (I fear burn in, I know it moves but still) and I'm getting the same battery life. After posting this, my last charge got me around 6 hours and 17 minutes with 5% battery life left. (Around 5 hours 50mins with 15% left) No Idea what I did different. I actually used it more this time with GPS.
Screenshot_20210417-094511.jpg
Screenshot_20210417-094538.jpg

GolovaRaoul

Nov 18, 2018
I have 3 hours SOT... Just streaming music and browsing the web a bit... Any suggestions? Already running latest oxygen. I also can't record 4K @ 120 FPS, it will lag.

Read this for better understanding

If you have root you can also do the process manually
Run this with your favorite terminal emulator:
su -c "cmd package bg-dexopt-job"

GolovaRaoul

Nov 18, 2018
Thanks for the replies. I left the phone charging overnight and ran the sudo command, however my phone still lags while recording at 4K @ 120 FPS. Any other suggestions? Otherwise I will have to contact support I think, i spend 1000 euros on this phone and I do not think this is acceptable

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Hawaii
OnePlus 9 Pro
I haven't received the 11.2.3.3 on my TMO variant either. I've used Pixel phones for years, this is my first op device. How do you clear cache in recovery on these devices? Thanks.
Just spoke with Tmobile as I'm not happy with the camera lately. Fuzzy pictures and just horrible snaps. They gave no info on the update. They said just to make sure auto updates turned on,so, hopefully we get something soon

Reactions: AwkwardUberHero

bdaviesweb

Sep 1, 2010
Android Wear
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah I will track the global updates channel and see the lag time for tmo. I think I have a few days to decide whether I keep it or not. It's unusable for a few things, I personally can't believe some of these overheating and camera issues made it past quality control.

bdaviesweb

Sep 1, 2010
Android Wear
OnePlus 9 Pro
You guys might want to track the global release page of oxygenos like I started doing. If the updates aren't on there then there will be some time before we see the updates. Once those updates hit the stable channel on there then the timeframe should be within weeks you would think.

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
I get around 6 hrs, wifi and mobile data mixed + 120hz at 1080p . TBH battery is really not a concern, as it tops up to 90% in just 20 min or so from zero.
I would say it's always a concern. Unless you are always carrying around your rapid charger. But battery life is so much better after that last update. I wonder if it's actually that much better for me or oneplus just fudged the actual percentage counter, lol.

Antipickle

Nov 23, 2012
Just got my op9 pro, I plan on rooting and removing some junk apps. Battery seems to drain pretty quickly.

Previous phone was op 6t, it had amazing battery life before I updated it to android 10 with an ota.

I'll see if I can downgrade the op9 to android 9 but I'll let you guys know about the battery life after rooting anyways.

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Hawaii
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah. That's the same thing they told me as well! Hope something comes soon for it.
Just got my op9 pro, I plan on rooting and removing some junk apps. Battery seems to drain pretty quickly.

Previous phone was op 6t, it had amazing battery life before I updated it to android 10 with an ota.

I'll see if I can downgrade the op9 to android 9 but I'll let you guys know about the battery life after rooting anyways.
Downgrade to android 9? There was no 9 built for this phone? Sorry I'm confused??

Swaroop16548

• Read this for better understanding

Sorry for hijacking OPs thread. I wiped cache and kept phone on charge overnight (didn't run the sudo command). After disconnecting the charger I noticed significant improvement, the battery was surprisingly at 100% even after 30 mins of Sot and then gradually started draining at a normal rate.

Is it still recommended to keep charge of this phone in between 15%-85%?
    Will that help with better battery health in long term? Any advice would be welcomed.

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
    Hawaii
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Sorry for hijacking OPs thread. I wiped cache and kept phone on charge overnight (didn't run the sudo command). After disconnecting the charger I noticed significant improvement, the battery was surprisingly at 100% even after 30 mins of Sot and then gradually started draining at a normal rate.

Is it still recommended to keep charge of this phone in between 15%-85%?
    Will that help with better battery health in long term? Any advice would be welcomed.
    I think, and don't quote me on this, it's 20%-85% due to stress on the battery. I charge mine normally at 20-25% to the 100% mark at least twice a day. (Heavy video/movie watcher being that I'm a security guard). Things have been actually fine for me. Get about 6h sot everytime with the use of the hibernate app. Always hibernate my apps before putting in my pocket.

GolovaRaoul

Nov 18, 2018
    Is the viewfinder laging or the recording when you watch it? 🤔
    While recording and also when I watch it (so when it's recorded and I use Google Photo's/Stock Oneplus App to view). This issue is lessened when I switch from QHD+ to FHD+ resolution, however a full 'fix' for me is to reduce the max clock speed of the CPU by 25%. If I do that, my phone is able to record in 120 FPS @ 4K for 5 min. Anyone else also experiencing this problem, or should I send my phone in for a new one? SOT is still around 3~4 Hours, I already ran the SUDO command, left my phone charging overnight, debloated my phone. I also disabled bluetooth/wifi scanning. I didn't wipe cache.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Read this for better understanding

Tmobile version here. Not overly impressed with battery life so far, but I haven't gotten any new updates either. I turned down resolution just to see if that helps, but I hate having to hamper a high end phone for better battery life.
      I'm around 4 hours SOT
      Try leaving it plugged in overnight after wiping cache in recovery. I did that and it did wonders for my battery life. It's something to do with how google implemented app optimization it doesn't do it unless it's on the charger at 100 percent without being messed with that's why overnight works best.
      I haven't received the 11.2.3.3 on my TMO variant either. I've used Pixel phones for years, this is my first op device. How do you clear cache in recovery on these devices? Thanks.
      Just spoke with Tmobile as I'm not happy with the camera lately. Fuzzy pictures and just horrible snaps. They gave no info on the update. They said just to make sure auto updates turned on,so, hopefully we get something soon
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone