Question Screen peeling

Search This thread

rayraycarter4

Apr 24, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
So I've noticed that the underside of my screen at the top is peeling I was wondering should I claim warranty on this because it doesn't look right
PXL_20220523_213911891.jpg
PXL_20220523_182420972.jpg

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
Nothing should be peeling off assuming it is without any 3rd party screen protector

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
oh no! Claim Warranty, demand your money back or replacement. This will only get worse.

I didn't want to see this ever again. I'm so sorry you got this too. The same exact thing happened to me with my S21 Ultra a year back. It took me some time to convince Samsung to give me my money back. It was a nightmare that I hoped nobody else would have to go through.

Here it is. It's 4 pages long but worth the read. I had to go through the Consumer Court to get my refund for the phone. Samsung's Support is a cluster f..k- nothing I would wish upon my worst enemy.

Your first image is EXACTLY what I've seen on my S21 Ultra.

What can happen is that the LOCA fails and the actual screen lifts off from the glass. Question: have you used a UV cured tempered glass screen protector at any time?

Last edited:
Reactions: rayraycarter4

rayraycarter4

Apr 24, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
oh no! Claim Warranty, demand your money back or replacement. This will only get worse.

I didn't want to see this ever again. I'm so sorry you got this too. The same exact thing happened to me with my S21 Ultra a year back. It took me some time to convince Samsung to give me my money back. It was a nightmare that I hoped nobody else would have to go through.

Here it is. It's 4 pages long but worth the read. I had to go through the Consumer Court to get my refund for the phone. Samsung's Support is a cluster f..k- nothing I would wish upon my worst enemy.

What can happen is that the LOCA fails and the actual screen lifts off from the glass. Question: have you used a UV cured tempered glass screen protector at any time?
Yes I used whitestone dome glass

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I PMed you. I've only seen this twice so far. Yours and mine. People initially looked at this and thought this guy is making stuff up that doesn't exist. It's also hard to see, but once you see it, it's unseeable. It took three guys at the repair shop to convince one of them that there is a manufacturing defect.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
The whitestone has nothing to do with this.

Manufacturer defect. Since Samsung went to variable rate displays there been numerous display problems. Other manufacturers also had many issues with the variable rate technology, mostly color calibration, flickering, but also failures.

The N10+'s had very few display failures. This one in my hands will be 3 yo in September and is still looks and tests perfect. Personally I'm not pleased with Samsung's offerings since the N10+ for numerous reasons, the above are some of them!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The screen is made of glass so the only thing that can peel off is a screen protector, provided either by Samsung or a 3rd party.
    The AMOLED display panel can pull away from the glass internally... which I think is what the fuss is about.
    So I've noticed that the underside of my screen at the top is peeling I was wondering should I claim warranty on this because it doesn't look right
    PXL_20220523_213911891.jpg
    PXL_20220523_182420972.jpg
    The display from the glass? Not a factory installed screen protector?
    Yes, a big hardware fail..