Question Screen problems (anomalies)?

Search This thread

Lollauser

• Jan 17, 2011
    Moto G
    Xiaomi Mi 4C
    Anyone with Mi 11 Lite experiencing screen "black crush" or gradient issues?

Seems prominent problem according to this thread, as you can see the pictures of the issue on the official support thread.

Hello
    I just received my Mi 11 Lite 4G today, not used a lot, but checking it with some total-black images it seems good.
    But on the italian telegram community several people complain about your problem.
    Probably a batch of defective screens? :(
    I'll think about returning the phone, if I where in your situation

Reactions: kirin432

kirin432

Jul 19, 2018
    Luckily I didn't buy phone yet, because I've seen the same ongoing topics about screen problems. Russian's communities are also reporting vast number of affected units, seems everyone got their phones from the first batch, so it could really be a jinxed batch... But apparently Xiaomi said it's working on a software fix.

That's why I am holding off, I don't want to buy a phone and get one from the firsts batch that may be problem.

Reactions: Lollauser

kirin432

Jul 19, 2018
    ^^
    Can you tell me production date of your phone. It should be on the box in MM.YYYY format. Because as I have read many people with screen anomalies seem to have batch 01.2021.

Kirastrike45

Apr 16, 2021
    Hello
    I just received my Mi 11 Lite 4G today, not used a lot, but checking it with some total-black images it seems good.
    But on the italian telegram community several people complain about your problem.
    Hi bro.. your Mi 11 Lite is fine? Which production date is your. At your box you will see it. Mine got problem also.. I also go to Mi Store in my country to check another Mi 11 Lite. Also got same problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20210416_135335.jpg
      IMG_20210416_135335.jpg
      445 KB · Views: 96
    • IMG_20210416_135510.jpg
      IMG_20210416_135510.jpg
      410.1 KB · Views: 95

Kirastrike45

Apr 16, 2021
    The mi 11 Lite thread on 4pda is reporting, on page 102, an update to12.08 that does something to improve the display.
    The only thing they do is making less notification shade less transparent. But the Black crush is still there when you watch movie on low Light. If about half brightness then the black crush is gone.. not much improvement. On my fourth pic is Half brightness in light condtion. I dont know is this really software problem or hardware issue

Attachments

• IMG_20210417_054423.jpg
      IMG_20210417_054423.jpg
      5 MB · Views: 116
    • IMG_20210417_055317.jpg
      IMG_20210417_055317.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 113
    • IMG_20210417_054455.jpg
      IMG_20210417_054455.jpg
      5.8 MB · Views: 109
    • IMG_20210417_061107.jpg
      IMG_20210417_061107.jpg
      6.1 MB · Views: 126
    Last edited:
    Reactions: berlin51

kirin432

Jul 19, 2018
    Well the problem was most evident in dark mode when notification shade was pulled down. but they resolved that in new update by making the shade less transparent.

You can play some videos that have gradient black to grey transitions like this one which they used to point the problem. See if it has any gradient issues.

Only thing that is confusing for me is some people are claiming the don't have any problems whatsoever, and others believe that first batch of the phones maybe had problems with the panels themselves.

But the good thing is people are reporting not perfect but better situation with the screen since the last update, so at least Xiaomi is addressing the problem.

faizalotai

• Aug 27, 2013
    Its still there and mine was on march's production date. Lower the night setting reduced the pixelates but its still there. We do really need this to be fixed like asus rog and galaxy s9.IMG_20210512_031935.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Anyone with Mi 11 Lite experiencing screen "black crush" or gradient issues?

Seems prominent problem according to this thread, as you can see the pictures of the issue on the official support thread.

Hello
      Luckily I didn't buy phone yet, because I've seen the same ongoing topics about screen problems. Russian's communities are also reporting vast number of affected units, seems everyone got their phones from the first batch, so it could really be a jinxed batch... But apparently Xiaomi said it's working on a software fix.

That's why I am holding off, I don't want to buy a phone and get one from the firsts batch that may be problem.
      ^^
      Can you tell me production date of your phone. It should be on the box in MM.YYYY format. Because as I have read many people with screen anomalies seem to have batch 01.2021.

Yes, of course: mine is 2021.02
      Seems i've been lucky ;)
      The mi 11 Lite thread on 4pda is reporting, on page 102, an update to12.08 that does something to improve the display.
      The only thing they do is making less notification shade less transparent. But the Black crush is still there when you watch movie on low Light. If about half brightness then the black crush is gone.. not much improvement. On my fourth pic is Half brightness in light condtion. I dont know is this really software problem or hardware issue
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone