Question Screen problems (anomalies)?

Search This thread

estradz21

May 31, 2010
Manila
burn ins are a lottery on xiaomi screens even on LCD one got mine for a month now and no problem at all except for that black crush I don't mind it at cause I'm not always on my phone anyway lol

kirin432

Jul 19, 2018
The most annoying thing is that Xiaomi is acting a fool. They could at least officially acknowledge the issues and say if the fix is in motion, but no, the users are left to themselves to discuss the problem and speculate if it's software or panel issue, whether the fix is coming and when if so...

This way users are left in the dark, many people are not sure should they return it, should they buy it...

The most annoying thing is that Xiaomi is acting a fool. They could at least officially acknowledge the issues and say if the fix is in motion, but no, the users are left to themselves to discuss the problem and speculate if it's software or panel issue, whether the fix is coming and when if so...

This way users are left in the dark, many people are not sure should they return it, should they buy it...
Xiaomi admitted display issues on the Redmi Note 10 Pro but not on our Mi 11 lite? It's odd and I'm disappointed.

kirin432

Jul 19, 2018
Hey guys I just updated to 12.0.11 and the Black Crush is still there. And it seems even worse on 60hz (oddly).

Well, some things do suggest it's software fault. The black crush is less noticeable if you turn on reading mode or if you install screen balance app. It's also weird if it's worse on 60Hz.

My biggest hope is that some previous phones with black crush like S9 were fixed. This is not a first phone to have some kind of screen anomalies from the beginning which were resolved later on via updates.

It's only painful to be left in a dark without official explanation.

Well, some things do suggest it's software fault. The black crush is less noticeable if you turn on reading mode or if you install screen balance app. It's also weird if it's worse on 60Hz.

My biggest hope is that some previous phones with black crush like S9 were fixed. This is not a first phone to have some kind of screen anomalies from the beginning which were resolved later on via updates.

It's only painful to be left in a dark without official explanation.
Are you 100% sure it will be fixed by updates? Several OnePlus user said updates weren't helping 🤔

kirin432

Jul 19, 2018
Well no, how can I be 100% sure. I just say that I would bet it's software issue and not a hardware one, which should be fixed.

Samsung fixed it on S9, Asus fixed it on ROG 3, I don't know what was with OnePlus though...

kirin432

Jul 19, 2018
Funny thing, OP 8 Plus which suffers the same issue also has 1B colors screen, as this one. ROG 3 which had also black crush - 1B colors screen
Somehow I think it has something to do with software optimization and capability to reproduce much wider spectrum of colors compared to regular 16 million screens.

Just a layman's opinion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got Miui 12.5 and black crush is still there like in 12.0.4, 0 changes on black crush.... really?!
    I just told you a few days ago, Use reading mode with paper ON and no more black crush.
    It worked bro
    In the reading mod of slide down menu
    Thanks bra
    Anyone with Mi 11 Lite experiencing screen "black crush" or gradient issues?

Seems prominent problem according to this thread, as you can see the pictures of the issue on the official support thread.

Hello
    I just received my Mi 11 Lite 4G today, not used a lot, but checking it with some total-black images it seems good.
    But on the italian telegram community several people complain about your problem.
    Probably a batch of defective screens? :(
    I'll think about returning the phone, if I where in your situation
    Luckily I didn't buy phone yet, because I've seen the same ongoing topics about screen problems. Russian's communities are also reporting vast number of affected units, seems everyone got their phones from the first batch, so it could really be a jinxed batch... But apparently Xiaomi said it's working on a software fix.

That's why I am holding off, I don't want to buy a phone and get one from the firsts batch that may be problem.
    ^^
    Can you tell me production date of your phone. It should be on the box in MM.YYYY format. Because as I have read many people with screen anomalies seem to have batch 01.2021.

Yes, of course: mine is 2021.02
    Seems i've been lucky ;)
    The mi 11 Lite thread on 4pda is reporting, on page 102, an update to12.08 that does something to improve the display.
    The only thing they do is making less notification shade less transparent. But the Black crush is still there when you watch movie on low Light. If about half brightness then the black crush is gone.. not much improvement. On my fourth pic is Half brightness in light condtion. I dont know is this really software problem or hardware issue
    And what about image retention? I've even read some people reporting true burn ins after short time.

Somehow I am afraid that Xiaomi put not so good panel on this device, that's low quality and the software fixes can only mask the issues but no truly solve it.