• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Screen problems (anomalies)?

Search This thread

Farzad37

Jan 10, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
After little self search i found a way to solve this problem

First of all install (activity launcher ) from playstore
Two : open it and search (enhance)
After find try to off both of Ai enhance for pic and videos after restart you can see fix problem.

Thank you for reading my bad english

Attachments

• IMG_20210528_005329.jpg
    IMG_20210528_005329.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_2021-05-28-00-53-38-941_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-28-00-53-38-941_com.android.settings.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_2021-05-28-00-53-33-897_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-28-00-53-33-897_com.android.settings.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 101

After find try to off both of Ai enhance for pic and videos after restart you can see fix problem.

Wow I didn't know about this. But those things were already off before I installed the app 🤔 Is it because I chose "Saturated" mode?
What's your color scheme settings?

Reactions: 0410yes

Farzad37

Jan 10, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Wow I didn't know about this. But those things were already off before I installed the app 🤔 Is it because I chose "Saturated" mode?
What's your color scheme settings

What's your color scheme settings?
After install yes unchecked but first check then uncheck its worked i use automatic color scheme and if u can do (cool )range color in color scheme is show colors normal dynamic range

kirin432

Jul 19, 2018
Farzad37's solution work the similar way the Screen Balance do...

It remedies the problem, but not quite solve it. But I think it should be a good sign since we are able to influence the problem with software improvisation.

But the only real solution is that Xiaomi calibrate the screen on the firmware's side, so the root cause is fixed.

Reactions: Farzad37
Farzad37's solution work the similar way the Screen Balance do...

It remedies the problem, but not quite solve it. But I think it should be a good sign since we are able to influence the problem with software improvisation.

But the only real solution is that Xiaomi calibrate the screen on the firmware's side, so the root cause is fixed.
I followed his instructions but nothing happened. How did you do it?

kirin432

Jul 19, 2018
I just followed instructions, but I get better result with Screen Balance app...

Anyhow, I don't mind it, I am pretty sure they'll fix it and since I don't watch videos on my phone I can live with it for now.

elzisaina

That for Fix Black Crush Bro ?

pl4yeR

Dec 20, 2008
I have this same problem on 5g version. None of the workarounds can solve it. Since the same problem is present in both 4g and 5g version (even it's happening on 2 different screen manufacturers in 5g) it must be a software (miss calibration) problem, right?

enkelad

Dec 18, 2011
I want to buy 11 lite 4g so can i ask some questions about the display issue?

I watch videos on my current phone but i think i have similar issue to black crush: it only happens when brightness is set to zero. When I scale it one bar higher pixelation of dark colors is gone.

Is it like that on 11 lite too? Is it visible only on 0 brightness and gone when brightenss is upscaled one bar higher?

Last edited:

Princeland

Feb 28, 2018
I want to buy 11 lite 4g so can i ask some questions about the display issue?

I watch videos on my current phone but i think i have similar issue to black crush: it only happens when brightness is set to zero. When I scale it one bar higher pixelation of dark colors is gone.

Is it like that on 11 lite too? Is it visible only on 0 brightness and gone when brightenss is upscaled one bar higher?

No, it does not disappear when the brightness rises, it is still present, I see no solution. Xiaomi has scammed us by putting a garbage screen

Midni1ght

Jan 17, 2019
No, it does not disappear when the brightness rises, it is still present, I see no solution. Xiaomi has scammed us by putting a garbage screen
Hi! I got same screen issue after recently bought this phone. M2101K9AG version with tiamna panel.
So I activated Reading mode with PAPER MODE ON and now this video has no more problems, I can see it clearly. Hope Xiaomi will come with an update to fix this soon..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone with Mi 11 Lite experiencing screen "black crush" or gradient issues?

Seems prominent problem according to this thread, as you can see the pictures of the issue on the official support thread.

Yes but the issue arises when u use your phone in darkmode
    Switch it to litemode. this is just a temporary fix
    I have the same problem too. Color balance app fixes a bit but absolute black is lost. Will it ever be fix? Changing with a custom rom in the future can be fixed or will always stay?
    I just got Miui 12.5 and black crush is still there like in 12.0.4, 0 changes on black crush.... really?!
    I just told you a few days ago, Use reading mode with paper ON and no more black crush.
    It worked bro
    In the reading mod of slide down menu
    Thanks bra
    Anyone with Mi 11 Lite experiencing screen "black crush" or gradient issues?

Seems prominent problem according to this thread, as you can see the pictures of the issue on the official support thread.

Hello
    I just received my Mi 11 Lite 4G today, not used a lot, but checking it with some total-black images it seems good.
    But on the italian telegram community several people complain about your problem.
    Probably a batch of defective screens? :(
    I'll think about returning the phone, if I where in your situation
    Luckily I didn't buy phone yet, because I've seen the same ongoing topics about screen problems. Russian's communities are also reporting vast number of affected units, seems everyone got their phones from the first batch, so it could really be a jinxed batch... But apparently Xiaomi said it's working on a software fix.

That's why I am holding off, I don't want to buy a phone and get one from the firsts batch that may be problem.
    ^^
    Can you tell me production date of your phone. It should be on the box in MM.YYYY format. Because as I have read many people with screen anomalies seem to have batch 01.2021.

Yes, of course: mine is 2021.02
    Seems i've been lucky ;)
    The mi 11 Lite thread on 4pda is reporting, on page 102, an update to12.08 that does something to improve the display.
    The only thing they do is making less notification shade less transparent. But the Black crush is still there when you watch movie on low Light. If about half brightness then the black crush is gone.. not much improvement. On my fourth pic is Half brightness in light condtion. I dont know is this really software problem or hardware issue
    And what about image retention? I've even read some people reporting true burn ins after short time.

Somehow I am afraid that Xiaomi put not so good panel on this device, that's low quality and the software fixes can only mask the issues but no truly solve it.