screen protector thread starter.....

Search This thread

demitrix

May 20, 2013
Decided to try LK. Pleasantly surprised. Went on smoothly, although their guide doesn't really fit it was enough to get it aligned. Didn't need to retrain my finger print either. For $7 I'd say it's worth it.

Reactions: moSess

demitrix

May 20, 2013
Hey guys
Do I have any reason not to use the pre-installed screen protector?
Should I buy something else? If so, why?
I had my factory screen protector on my 6t the entire time I had it. The one on my 8t got a scratch that lifted it off the screen as though there were a hair under it, only reason I replaced it.

Reactions: AverageLeo

Honda ef8

Oct 11, 2020
i bought a QITAYO from amazon and it came with 3 screen protectors and 2 camera protectors. ive been using it almost a month now and its holding up great. fitment is great and its sticky, its not peeling off and its not sharp on the edges. using it with the OTTERBOX SYMMETRY SERIES CASE, best case i think, its slim enough and durable but i havent dropped it yet (hope i didnt speak too soon!!)!

mingkee

• I put on another Supershieldz. The old one cracked when I used knife to try scratching test
    I use it because easy clean layer seems to last long.
    Same problem but I just filled the edge space with LOCA and cure it with UV
    This time I tried to setup fingerprint. Setting it up needs some patience, but everything looks good thereafter.
    No miss so far

AverageLeo

Oct 31, 2020
    i bought a QITAYO from amazon and it came with 3 screen protectors and 2 camera protectors. ive been using it almost a month now and its holding up great. fitment is great and its sticky, its not peeling off and its not sharp on the edges. using it with the OTTERBOX SYMMETRY SERIES CASE, best case i think, its slim enough and durable but i havent dropped it yet (hope i didnt speak too soon!!)!
    Mind to share some pictures? I'm looking for a protector that covers 100% of the screen and it's hard to notice.

twoxa

• Jun 10, 2009
    Boston
    Bought this one and can't complain. It's glass, installed with no bubbles, covers whole screen, if anything is like it to be just a bit taller and wider, but it's not bad as is. 3 glass protectors on the box for $9.

Last edited:

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
    Did anyone who purchased their device in the US unlocked had their OP 8T come with a pre-applied screen protector?

Yes, just bought mine straight from OnePlus, it came with a pre-applied screen protector. Same as all previous OnePlus devices.

So I always use cases on my devices. So I'm always searching for screen protectors that are "case friendly", which means they will not cover the entire screen. If a screen protector goes any where near the curved edges of the screen, obviously it's not going to touch it. It's not lack of adhesive. Not sure why many reviewers don't understand this.

So I started off ordering three different brands:

4-Pack MP-MALL 2 Pack Tempered Glass Screen Protector - This one comes "alignment kit", however the kit does not fit the phone, or the screen protectors. The screen protectors that came in this kit, are sized "ok" but both came with defects in the glass. They were usable, but would not be my first choice. I did use the camera screen protectors from this kit.

Ibywind Screen Protector for OnePlus 8T - This one came with "alignment kit" as well, however this one fit, and worked perfectly honestly. The camera screen protectors were just the vinyl cheap style, hence the reason I used the glass ones from another kit. The "carbon fiber" skin I didn't use, but I peeled it off and felt decent enough, and was cut reasonable enough. This screen protector though was exactly what I was looking for, I already ordered a couple more of these kits to have spares, just in case (and for when the coating wears off). Definitely recommended for a case friendly screen protector.

Luibor for OnePlus 8T 5G Screen Protector - I ordered these too, just in case none of the others worked out. Sizing they are the size of the MP-Mall ones, just minus the minor imperfections. That makes them just barely larger than the Ibywind, which is a downside in my opinion, but to each their own. I'll try one of these next time I pull the screen protector just to see how they fit.

Reactions: LexRockhard

LLStarks

• Jun 1, 2012

LLStarks

• Jun 1, 2012
    To follow up on the Whitestone...

It's a great protector. The installation kit is very tight but the results are impressive. it remains case friendly but every square inch of the OLED is covered.

ysfk7

Nov 28, 2017
    Got the Nillkin Tempered Glass Screen Protector, totally worth it (y)(y)(y). With no front camera hole, the selfie still clear. I did not re-enrolled my fingerprints and works perfectly. Fitment is perfect.

Got it cheap from ebay

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210226-162647.jpg
      Screenshot_20210226-162647.jpg
      138.2 KB · Views: 127
    Reactions: prborich

delsoo

Dec 16, 2014
    I am using Zeelot full screen protector now, best SP i have ever used, full coverage, no cutout for front camera , fully coevrage, maximised protection!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      It is definitely 100% on there, I also had an OEM case in the box, maybe that could be something? I heard that some versions of the phones didn't have the case in the box, so maybe that's why. KB2003 (EU) btw. Bought right from the OnePlus Website. I actually bought 2, checking both of them they both had the screen protector installed so it's not a one off thing. What region / version of the phone do you have?

T-Mobile 8T+ does not come with a preapplied screen protector. No case, either.
      I tried it. it's not good imo. after not being satisfied, I immediately searched for another, which I settled for the olixar. I also tried the luibor 3 pack with the transparent case and it was **** too
      If the official screen protector is bad and the ones you've got are bad, then what's good? Lol
      Decided to try LK. Pleasantly surprised. Went on smoothly, although their guide doesn't really fit it was enough to get it aligned. Didn't need to retrain my finger print either. For $7 I'd say it's worth it.
      Hey guys
      Do I have any reason not to use the pre-installed screen protector?
      Should I buy something else? If so, why?
      I had my factory screen protector on my 6t the entire time I had it. The one on my 8t got a scratch that lifted it off the screen as though there were a hair under it, only reason I replaced it.
      I bought these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JM4VZQQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Opened them up and noticed the plastic peice to help you apply was smaller than the phone I'm like okay... Pull out a screen protector. And it looks to be for a freaking iPhone X/XS/11.... Despite the box saying OnePlus 8T