Accessories Screen Protector Thread

Search This thread

djsubterrain

• Jan 4, 2012
    Livingston
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Ultimate Shield LOCA Screen Protector (2 Pack)

1618674840692.png

1618675020676.png

£29.99 from Ultimate Shield Website
    £29.99 from Amazon UK

Reactions: Swamphound

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
    Apr 13, 2008
    New Jersey
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Foluu LOCA Screen Protector (1 Pack)

View attachment 5281977

£14.99 from Amazon UK
    $14.99 from Amazon US
    +1 on this one, currently using this. Simple install, with only one small issue. The liquid glue seemed to be too much and leaked out the top and sides. All over the volume and power buttons. I cleaned it off the best I could before applying the UV light. The buttons were stuck, however with a needle you are able to scrape the glue off and buttons work again. Easy fit, great surface covering even with a case. No bubbles or discolored areas anywhere. I would recommend this one as Whitestone Some is way too expensive and not available yet.

djsubterrain

• Jan 4, 2012
    Livingston
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    +1 on this one, currently using this. Simple install, with only one small issue. The liquid glue seemed to be too much and leaked out the top and sides. All over the volume and power buttons. I cleaned it off the best I could before applying the UV light. The buttons were stuck, however with a needle you are able to scrape the glue off and buttons work again. Easy fit, great surface covering even with a case. No bubbles or discolored areas anywhere. I would recommend this one as Whitestone Some is way too expensive and not available yet.

Did you not get any stickers or absorption pads to soak up excess glue? Usually you should get something with the protector to prevent that.

You would be better using IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) aka isopropanol to clean up any excess, when I applied a protector to my OnePlus 7 Pro I got a lot in the earpiece and it gummed up, managed to clear it pretty much completely by using quite a lot of IPA.

If you do use it to clean the buttons/earpiece I would order a decent bottle of it (You can get it most places, Amazon is probably easiest, it's not a controlled substance but might be pricier than usual as you can also use it to make your own hand sanitiser) and some cotton buds.

Just make sure to put a sticker over the edges of the protector because IPA is the correct method to remove LOCA so it will lose adherence if you don't

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
    Apr 13, 2008
    New Jersey
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Did you not get any stickers or absorption pads to soak up excess glue? Usually you should get something with the protector to prevent that.

You would be better using IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) aka isopropanol to clean up any excess, when I applied a protector to my OnePlus 7 Pro I got a lot in the earpiece and it gummed up, managed to clear it pretty much completely by using quite a lot of IPA.

If you do use it to clean the buttons/earpiece I would order a decent bottle of it (You can get it most places, Amazon is probably easiest, it's not a controlled substance but might be pricier than usual as you can also use it to make your own hand sanitiser) and some cotton buds.

Just make sure to put a sticker over the edges of the protector because IPA is the correct method to remove LOCA so it will lose adherence if you don't
    Yes it does come with a complete kit. Alcohol wipe, cloth, speaker stickers and dust sticker. I did use the sticker for the speaker and used the cloth to absorb the excess. Overall it was a easy and near perfect install. The dried excess glue was easily removed with your fingernail and a needle for the ridge edges.

Apr 2, 2021
    Ordered these on 2nd April and they arrived today which was impressive.

Cheap I know and usual Aliexpress packaging (minimal) but having known what to do, I used one of the dust stickers to cover over the speaker and got to work.

As the glue isn't specifically measured like you might get with Whitestone etc there was seepage on the sides which needs cleaning up before going at with the UV light but this wasn't a problem and I caught before it header to any buttons/ports.

UV light was very low quality, was even hard to work out that it would function as the USB C port was rather poor too but it did the job (does get hot so wouldn't advise leaving alone still plugged in)
    PXL_20210418_130344800.jpg
    PXL_20210418_130435992.jpg
    PXL_20210418_130449152.jpg

Reactions: Shooter7889

Tornlogic

Dec 11, 2010
    The 4-pack OMOTON protectors are amazing. I popped the first one on, no bubbles, perfect alignment on the first shot. Only 9 bucks and got to me in 2 days.

Tornlogic

Dec 11, 2010
    The OMOTON protector's allow the fingerprint scanner to work same as without a protector. It's flawless.

Overall, the protector is a little grippy, but not nearly as bad as other TPU and "soft" self-healing/wet application protectors. (this is a dry application) I've even had some early glass protectors have grippyness due to lack of oleophobic coating. Anyway, The grippyness is one of 2 "issues" I have found with this protector, but it's a small price to pay to keep the screen scratch free. The other issue is fingerprints. Because there is no oleophobic coating, the finger prints can stack, but removing them is pretty easy, and I have noticed if fingers are clean, it does a good job of repelling oil, or if you only press or swipe slightly on the display it won't leave a print or streak.

One thing I forgot to mention on my first post, is that I have this protector matched with a Tech21 case, and together it is an absolute perfect fit. The case doesn't lift the protector on the edges and there is also ZERO gap between the protector and the case. The only thing that gives away the fact I have a screen protector is the whole punch for the camera. That's it. I love these two together, and I can honestly say it's the best protection I have had for ANY phone going all the way back to my very first smart phone, a Blackberry 8320. That's saying a lot.

Hope you guys give it a try and have the same results as I am.
    I'll see if I can post some pictures later of my install.

-Drew

Jan 18, 2015
    Does it cover the the edges of screen fine?

Is there a 3D-curved tempered glass screen protector anyone can recommend? From reading the reviews on all the liquid ones, I wasn't too keen on risking my phone on it, so I got a TPG one instead from QITAYO, but this one has issues with touch sensitivity. I can't even use my fingerprint unlock at all, even after re-registering my prints. While I feel the screen is nicely protected, the touch sensitivity issues make it a no-go. I don't even know if this is something I can exchange or replace...

Top Liked Posts

View attachment 5281977

£14.99 from Amazon UK
      $14.99 from Amazon US
      I've installed the Foluu kit yesterday and I'm relatively impressed with it.
      The install process have to be strictly followed and hopefully I did some readings with UV glue protection before trying it.
      I did protect the best I can every button, speaker etcetc but I do find that the seringe have too much glue in it. A lot of are going out and messing a lot the device. I would recommand to put the O+ on an absorbing tissue as some glue will flow under the phone itself. Once totaly dry, the glue itsel is easily removable : I had some that flown on top of the volume button, but some hours after, the glue was solidifacated and easy to grab.
      But as I was already prepared to that, that wasn't really an issue. I was doubtful about the UV drying process but ... It works as expected and the glass itself is properly maintened quickly.

No bubble, the border are really clean and the glass itself is just a top Premium quality glass. you just have the exact same feeling as I there wasn't anything but the O+ original glass.

It perfectly adapts with original O+ cases and I'm really happy with the top quality finition it gives to my devices
      Ultimate Shield LOCA Screen Protector (2 Pack)

1618674840692.png

1618675020676.png

£29.99 from Ultimate Shield Website
      £29.99 from Amazon UK
      Ordered these on 2nd April and they arrived today which was impressive.

Cheap I know and usual Aliexpress packaging (minimal) but having known what to do, I used one of the dust stickers to cover over the speaker and got to work.

As the glue isn't specifically measured like you might get with Whitestone etc there was seepage on the sides which needs cleaning up before going at with the UV light but this wasn't a problem and I caught before it header to any buttons/ports.

UV light was very low quality, was even hard to work out that it would function as the USB C port was rather poor too but it did the job (does get hot so wouldn't advise leaving alone still plugged in)
      PXL_20210418_130344800.jpg
      PXL_20210418_130435992.jpg
      PXL_20210418_130449152.jpg
      Does it cover the the edges of screen fine?
      Yes it does.

View attachment 5281977

£14.99 from Amazon UK
      $14.99 from Amazon US
      I've installed the Foluu kit yesterday and I'm relatively impressed with it.
      The install process have to be strictly followed and hopefully I did some readings with UV glue protection before trying it.
      I did protect the best I can every button, speaker etcetc but I do find that the seringe have too much glue in it. A lot of are going out and messing a lot the device. I would recommand to put the O+ on an absorbing tissue as some glue will flow under the phone itself. Once totaly dry, the glue itsel is easily removable : I had some that flown on top of the volume button, but some hours after, the glue was solidifacated and easy to grab.
      But as I was already prepared to that, that wasn't really an issue. I was doubtful about the UV drying process but ... It works as expected and the glass itself is properly maintened quickly.

No bubble, the border are really clean and the glass itself is just a top Premium quality glass. you just have the exact same feeling as I there wasn't anything but the O+ original glass.

It perfectly adapts with original O+ cases and I'm really happy with the top quality finition it gives to my devices
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone