Accessories Screen Protector Thread

Search This thread

Fre$h

Just installed the Whitestone dome protector. A lot of steps but pretty foolproof. Applied perfectly and my fingerprint reader still works fine. Just make sure to wipe up any excess liquid after the first curing step. I think I tilted it a bit too much because it was all over but wiped up easily with some rubbing alcohol and the masking stickers they provide prevented it from getting in any buttons or holes.
I did nearly the same mistake with Foluu's ones by pressing the protector itself.
But five days ago, I had the time to tru the second glass they delivered in the package : I simply just empty the whole seringe, then put and adjust the tempered glass on it. Once every part of the glue was present everywhere, which can be easily seen when offscreen, I immediatly started the UV drying.

Compared to my first try it is faaaaaaaaaaaaar better concerning finitions. I just have a very little leak that appeared on the drying process, but 99% of the liquid have been used and perfectly glued with it.

The result after 5 days is really better than my first try. I just have the extrem edge of the tempered glass where I can see that the glue isn't in place like at the very first time, but I assume the O+ case is the culprit here : it's just edge to edge with the protection which surelly make the glue not very effective, but the finition is now top notch!!

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I did nearly the same mistake with Foluu's ones by pressing the protector itself.
But five days ago, I had the time to tru the second glass they delivered in the package : I simply just empty the whole seringe, then put and adjust the tempered glass on it. Once every part of the glue was present everywhere, which can be easily seen when offscreen, I immediatly started the UV drying.

Compared to my first try it is faaaaaaaaaaaaar better concerning finitions. I just have a very little leak that appeared on the drying process, but 99% of the liquid have been used and perfectly glued with it.

The result after 5 days is really better than my first try. I just have the extrem edge of the tempered glass where I can see that the glue isn't in place like at the very first time, but I assume the O+ case is the culprit here : it's just edge to edge with the protection which surelly make the glue not very effective, but the finition is now top notch!!
All of the glue covered the protector perfectly for me, i just also got some in the volume rocker when I removed the masking tape because there was still some wet glue that had leaked. I blew most of it out with compressed air and wiped it away, and I dont feel any difference in the buttons so I'm not worried

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I just have the extrem edge of the tempered glass where I can see that the glue isn't in place like at the very first time, but I assume the O+ case is the culprit here
Don't be too sure. I've been using the same protector, and I think the glue is just ****. My case doesn't come anywhere near the edges of the protector and slowly but surely the edges are peeling up. I'm no novice to UV protectors, I know when I screw something up vs having a bad product, and I think this might just be poor quality adhesive.

Don't be too sure. I've been using the same protector, and I think the glue is just ****. My case doesn't come anywhere near the edges of the protector and slowly but surely the edges are peeling up. I'm no novice to UV protectors, I know when I screw something up vs having a bad product, and I think this might just be poor quality adhesive.

Is this in regards to the Whitestone one, or the Foluu brand?

Bunecarera

Mar 4, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
I changed my case today and while doing so, the foluu protector came loose in some places along the edges. The official sandstone case is just a little too high apparently ...
Not noticeable when the screen is on, only when off.
But I know it will annoy me in the end...

So, if I want to change the protector. Replace it with another Foluu one.
How do I do this? Just peel the old one off? Clean the screen? Anything special to do?

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Is this in regards to the Whitestone one, or the Foluu brand?

The post I was replying to was in regards to the Foluu. In my experience, the whitestone glue only comes apart if your case comes too close to the protector. There's been some studies here saying that their glue is also pretty ****ty, but apparently not quite as ****ty as the Foluu one.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

Levus

Mar 19, 2010
Budapest
Hi all,

Do you have any experience if the nilkkin 3d DS max protector compatible with the sandstone case?
I'm looking for a good curved edge protector but the sandstone seems tight to me....but love the sandstone so I would like to know if any curved edge glass protector could be compatible with it......or i should go for a TPU one....

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
If you mean whitestone screen protector, just go for it. Best screen protector on the market. I thank is compatible with most cases.

Jomsha

Jun 18, 2021
Hi all,

Do you have any experience if the nilkkin 3d DS max protector compatible with the sandstone case?
I'm looking for a good curved edge protector but the sandstone seems tight to me....but love the sandstone so I would like to know if any curved edge glass protector could be compatible with it......or i should go for a TPU one....
I have NILLKIN 3d ds max + original OP Sandstone case, Perfect!

arunwa

Oct 2, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro Screen Protector
1632569100063.png

As far as the screen protector goes, it's about as perfect as it gets with what's available for glass, I haven't been able to get the fingerprint sensor to work, but it could also be a software issue with setting up a new fingerprint. The physical screen protector has a line of adhesive around the entire border, and I think that might be all there is for adhesion, but the display quality is still really nice, so I can't say I would want the full panel to be adhesive. The camera protector is a little gimmicky to me, it distorts the image too much, so I'd rather take the risk of scratching a lens.

Some more best OnePlus 9 Pro Screen Protector

Samuel Holland

Well the whitestone dome is really nice if anyone is wondering which one to go with. I recommend for this phone just to set the glass on slowly (as not to splash the glue) without the included bracket for alignment. Use the camera hole to line up and just make sure the screen is clean, and make sure to at least tape the top speaker(earpiece). The Foluu glass is decent in my opinion and is what I used until the dome came out. The dome glass is like two for thirty which is pretty good if you can get it. No problems with the fingerprint on either one of these if anyone is wondering and it feels and looks like the original screen.
I just wanted to post in case it could help someone; and if your not familiar with the uv screens then there is many videos on YouTube how to apply them.

Reactions: AndyC76 and galaxys

Dashwood Foxe

Dec 23, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro Screen Protector
View attachment 5418283

As far as the screen protector goes, it's about as perfect as it gets with what's available for glass, I haven't been able to get the fingerprint sensor to work, but it could also be a software issue with setting up a new fingerprint. The physical screen protector has a line of adhesive around the entire border, and I think that might be all there is for adhesion, but the display quality is still really nice, so I can't say I would want the full panel to be adhesive. The camera protector is a little gimmicky to me, it distorts the image too much, so I'd rather take the risk of scratching a lens.

Some more best OnePlus 9 Pro Screen Protector
I would never recommend tempered glass screen protectors with pre-applied adhesives on the edge (black borders) on phones with any form of under display fingerprint scanners. The small air gap it leaves between the screen and protector basically blinds the optical scanner with the reflection of the protector vs your fingerprint making your readers useless. UV LOCA all the way or a wet film protector.

Reactions: djsubterrain

bounti

Dec 16, 2012
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey guys. Question.

How's the fingerprint scanner perform using the Whitestone Dome protector? I had one for my 8 Pro and the scan success rate dropped to an abysmal level.

Loved everything else about it though, and I'd love to get it for the 9 Pro once I don't need to press my finger damn near through the phone for it to register an unlock. :cautious:

bounti

Dec 16, 2012
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey guys. Question.

How's the fingerprint scanner perform using the Whitestone Dome protector? I had one for my 8 Pro and the scan success rate dropped to an abysmal level.

Loved everything else about it though, and I'd love to get it for the 9 Pro once I don't need to press my finger damn near through the phone for it to register an unlock. :cautious:

Wow, so not a single recommendation? Seems like no-one has the 9 Pro anymore sigh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow, so not a single recommendation? Seems like no-one has the 9 Pro anymore sigh
    Don't own a whitestone myself but own something similar, cept I didn't use the included glue and used a different formulation of the liquid optical adhesive. Fingerprint works fine.
    WhitestoneDome for OP9P is available.
    OP9P Whitestone Dome SP
    Well the whitestone dome is really nice if anyone is wondering which one to go with. I recommend for this phone just to set the glass on slowly (as not to splash the glue) without the included bracket for alignment. Use the camera hole to line up and just make sure the screen is clean, and make sure to at least tape the top speaker(earpiece). The Foluu glass is decent in my opinion and is what I used until the dome came out. The dome glass is like two for thirty which is pretty good if you can get it. No problems with the fingerprint on either one of these if anyone is wondering and it feels and looks like the original screen.
    I just wanted to post in case it could help someone; and if your not familiar with the uv screens then there is many videos on YouTube how to apply them.
    Ultimate Shield LOCA Screen Protector (2 Pack)

1618674840692.png

1618675020676.png

£29.99 from Ultimate Shield Website
    £29.99 from Amazon UK
    Ordered these on 2nd April and they arrived today which was impressive.

Cheap I know and usual Aliexpress packaging (minimal) but having known what to do, I used one of the dust stickers to cover over the speaker and got to work.

As the glue isn't specifically measured like you might get with Whitestone etc there was seepage on the sides which needs cleaning up before going at with the UV light but this wasn't a problem and I caught before it header to any buttons/ports.

UV light was very low quality, was even hard to work out that it would function as the USB C port was rather poor too but it did the job (does get hot so wouldn't advise leaving alone still plugged in)
    PXL_20210418_130344800.jpg
    PXL_20210418_130435992.jpg
    PXL_20210418_130449152.jpg