Screen protector

Search This thread

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
Having the same issue with this one too.
The SP is too big - so edges wont stay stuck down - even though they have been sized considerably smaller than the actual front glass area.

I have also ordered a non-glass SP - but the only one I could find was matte / anti-glare... Most of the previous anti-glare SPs I have tried mess up the display quality too much. So, not holding out too much hope for this one...

stag74

May 6, 2017
Was searching for a case while out shopping and while in a office depot type store they suggested a liquid screen protector. Turned out they offered the service in store and the employees all genuinely seemed enthusiastic about it having it on their own phones.
Never heard about it, cost was £10 so thought why not with little or no other options.
How a nanotechnology liquid can protect against scratching I'm not sure but better than nothing.

lolmensch

Jul 14, 2009
FarFarAway
I got an antiglare one which really helps. Was in a pack of two. Tried the first one and was having the same issue as op. Cut the second one to my needs, still not neat on all the edges but it wont come off and fulfills its job.

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
Update: I received the matte one and fitted it.
Coverage is acceptable and the anti glare effect is not as bad in terms of graininess and impact on screen quality as others I have used.
But it does not look as good as the best one (cant remember the brand) I used previously.
I did not get it 100% perfectly lined up - so it is not sticking down perfectly along one edge - probably because it is not correctly centered and overruns on that side.
The other 3 sides are stuck down well.
Early days - but its a pack of 3 - so I can have another attempt if this one starts lifting...

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
Last Friday I also ordered some clear SPs from Ebay - in case the matte ones were rubbish.
I ordered this three pack - and the ones I received are Techgear brand. I have not fitted them yet - as I want to see how I get on with the matte ones.
However, I have used Techgear SPs on several phones over the past few years and they are generally of a reasonable quality....

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
Last Friday I also ordered some clear SPs from Ebay - in case the matte ones were rubbish.
I ordered this three pack - and the ones I received are Techgear brand. I have not fitted them yet - as I want to see how I get on with the matte ones.
However, I have used Techgear SPs on several phones over the past few years and they are generally of a reasonable quality....

I sent my M8 back - it would not resume after pausing a HD Netflix movie (despite resetting and re-installing etc).

So if anybody wants the above unused pack of Techgear SPs and you are based in the UK - just reply here to claim and then drop me a PM with your address. I will stick a stamp on them and send them your way..

Cheers.

stag74

May 6, 2017
I sent my M8 back - it would not resume after pausing a HD Netflix movie (despite resetting and re-installing etc).

So if anybody wants the above unused pack of Techgear SPs and you are based in the UK - just reply here to claim and then drop me a PM with your address. I will stick a stamp on them and send them your way..

Cheers.

That is a shame, I have no problem pausing and resuming HD Netflix movies, weird.:(
PM sent.

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
That is a shame, I have no problem pausing and resuming HD Netflix movies, weird.:(
PM sent.

So, are these downloaded or realtime streaming? I am using downloads during my commute.

I tried 3 different titles in HD - and older Black Mirror episode and two more recent Stranger Things 2 episodes. All do the same - they play ok, until I pause and turn the screen off. But when I turn the screen back on, the screen stays black - I can see the Netflix controls but they don't respond. I waited several seconds but still nothing. I then have to return to the home screen, open Netflix again , goto downloads and resume whatever I was watching. And since I have to pause and resume several times during my commute the whole routine becomes a bit tedious...
And when you add the occasional Bluetooth headphone connectivity issues - the M5 was no longer worth keeping.
Who knows maybe I will revisit in a few months time - after a few firmware updates....

mickrick

Sep 15, 2012
Has anyone sourced a decent screen protector for the M5 yet? I got mine a couple of days ago and I'm terrified of getting the screen damaged.

alvinlwh

Dec 14, 2017
Kirkwall
Has anyone sourced a decent screen protector for the M5 yet? I got mine a couple of days ago and I'm terrified of getting the screen damaged.

I use BROTECT® AirGlass® Premium Glass Screen Protector Clear, seems ok, easy to apply, flexible enough to lift it up to pick out dirt trap under while installing it.

It claims to be glass, yet flexible. I tried to bend and fold a bit of left over and it cracks like glass. However when I burn it, it melt like plastic. So I am not too sure if it is glass or plastic TBH.

Reactions: mickrick

mickrick

Sep 15, 2012
I really need to get one soon as I made the mistake of thinking that it would have a factory fitted film-type one, like the one on the P20 Pro. But after finding a minute scratch on mine yesterday, I've found out to my cost, that it hasn't. It mustn't have gorilla or any other sort of toughened glass either.

alvinlwh

Dec 14, 2017
Kirkwall
I really need to get one soon as I made the mistake of thinking that it would have a factory fitted film-type one, like the one on the P20 Pro. But after finding a minute scratch on mine yesterday, I've found out to my cost, that it hasn't. It mustn't have gorilla or any other sort of toughened glass either.

Then go get one, anyone even the cheapest plastic film will protect your screen than bare back. You can find others that may fit better later on. One thing is not to expect full glass edge to edge protection, the glass is curved, so even if it is just display edge to display edge, I am happy.

mickrick

Sep 15, 2012
Then go get one, anyone even the cheapest plastic film will protect your screen than bare back. You can find others that may fit better later on. One thing is not to expect full glass edge to edge protection, the glass is curved, so even if it is just display edge to display edge, I am happy.

I've just ordered the brotect airglass from amazon so thanks for the recommendation. It's a bit pricey compared to other protectors, so I'm hoping it's a case of "you get what you pay for". I already got the official Huawei flip cover so this has given a degree of protection in the meantime.

alvinlwh

Dec 14, 2017
Kirkwall
I've just ordered the brotect airglass from amazon so thanks for the recommendation. It's a bit pricey compared to other protectors, so I'm hoping it's a case of "you get what you pay for". I already got the official Huawei flip cover so this has given a degree of protection in the meantime.

No problem. Good luck with your installation. I wet applied mine and only got 1 dust under mine. Given how flexible it is, I use a needle to lift it and another needle to remove the dust. Now it just looks perfect with no air bubbles or dust.

mickrick

Sep 15, 2012
No problem. Good luck with your installation. I wet applied mine and only got 1 dust under mine. Given how flexible it is, I use a needle to lift it and another needle to remove the dust. Now it just looks perfect with no air bubbles or dust.

How does it look along the edges?

mickrick

Sep 15, 2012
Will not notice it, it stops short of the curve but covers all of the display area.

Great call on the brotect protector. I was a bit dubious of it at first as there was quite a lot of detritus and dust on the surface of the protector when I took it out of the packaging. But I managed to get it fitted with no dust particles or bubbles. It would've been easier to line up if the starting end was switched to the fingerprint detector end as well. But the end result is very good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I use BROTECT® AirGlass® Premium Glass Screen Protector Clear, seems ok, easy to apply, flexible enough to lift it up to pick out dirt trap under while installing it.

It claims to be glass, yet flexible. I tried to bend and fold a bit of left over and it cracks like glass. However when I burn it, it melt like plastic. So I am not too sure if it is glass or plastic TBH.
    How do you feel about the product now a few days later? Is it compatible with the soft shell case that comes included with the Mediapd?
    Still delighted with the product. I feel left out as I did not get the soft shell case you described. I am using this case Huawei Mediapad M5 Case, TopACE Ultra Thin Soft Gel TPU Silicone and are satisfied with it as well with the caveat that it would be better if it had more of a raised lip to protect the screen better......but that's why you have the screen protector, right?
    Also rooted the M5 yesterday are glad I did.