• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Screen Protector

Search This thread

_Rube_

Jan 16, 2012
Hello Guys

I am using an Otterbox Defender case. but the tempered glass rises on the shores.

Do you have any recommendation of which one I can use with that case?

Thank you

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
I have the Whitestone Dome and it works 100% perfect with the Otterbox Defender Pro.

def05.jpg

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Had you have any issues with the glue? the glass lifting easily if you touch the corners roughly?

I’ve had many cheap uv glue screen protectors which work well until something touches the corners.
No, but I'm always careful when using a new case to make sure it's not hitting the edges of the screen protector.
No problem at all with the glass lifting while touching the corners either.

chieco

Jul 6, 2011
No, but I'm always careful when using a new case to make sure it's not hitting the edges of the screen protector.
No problem at all with the glass lifting while touching the corners either.
I just really wonder if their glue is something special. Whitestone is in my opinion just to expensive especially if you don’t live in the US. I’m afraid that it will come off just as easily as the AliExpress one’s. I don’t want to have a screen protector which I have to take care off! That’s not the point. Most people also seem to be using with a case which I don’t want to do. Also I’ve read many negative things about them especially about CS.

Also I’ve read many negative things about them especially about CS.
Could you please elaborate on these problems? Also, what is CS?

I've been debating whether to use a case or not myself... as for the screen protector, for now I'm just using one of them flexible liquid skin type soft protectors - only issue is the rubberiness of their surface. In my country none of the Tempered Glass screen protectors sold are fingerprint scanner friendly. Whitestone dome is not available (also, it's riduculously expensive to import) and the best quality big name TGSP I ccould find was Spigen, even that carries poor reviews on Amazon.

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Had you have any issues with the glue? the glass lifting easily if you touch the corners roughly?

I’ve had many cheap uv glue screen protectors which work well until something touches the corners.
I've had problems with the Whitestone dome and the s21U. I've put about 5 of them on the phone and everyone of them has chipped or cracked at the edge without the phone being hit or dropped in anyway. The glass seems so thin , it's unstable and not strong enough.

Reactions: chieco and _Rube_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which of the two protectors: Dome Premium Film (EPU film screen) or the E-Jig (tempered glass)?
    I'm using the Whitestone Dome tempered glass with the E-Jig installer.

I've had problems with the Whitestone dome and the s21U. I've put about 5 of them on the phone and everyone of them has chipped or cracked at the edge without the phone being hit or dropped in anyway. The glass seems so thin , it's unstable and not strong enough.
    I have the Whitestone Dome and it works 100% perfect with the Otterbox Defender Pro.

def05.jpg
    The factory fitted protector is still the best for me, and works perfectly with my Otterbox Folio with zero lifting. And even better using the S-Pen leaves no lines as if it's made of glass.