• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Screen protector

Search This thread

flairepathos.info

Dec 8, 2018
South Africa
Screen protectors are usually crap (or all rate the same in terms of breaking(gorilla glass / tampered is usually a better option but if you really want to keep our screen and phone safe use a very thick padded generic folding cover it'll feel like youre carrying a brick in your pockect but your phone will be safe with 2 floors of fall damage (the indian shops in South Africa) usually have them but making a custom one is best it
**mustn't be too thick to put too much pressure on the screen when cover is closed**

skinnytoo2

Oct 22, 2007
I am currently using the whitestone dome tempered glass on the front. Works well. But seems to attract fingerprints.

Hello,

i ordered bmy ZF3 a few days ago.
Which screen protector do you recommend?
i am looking for a tempered glass for the front facing display.
To be honest in my perception for foldable devices the temper glasses are worst choice, since they are not flexible as screen protectors so there might be a chance of damaging your display. Its preferable to choose screen protector which is a thin film and works well for foldable devices.

attract fingerprints.

If you're concerned about fingerprints, try gadgetshieldz screen protectors, which I've personally experienced

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
To be honest in my perception for foldable devices the temper glasses are worst choice, since they are not flexible as screen protectors so there might be a chance of damaging your display. Its preferable to choose screen protector which is a thin film and works well for foldable

I believe he is just talking about using tempered glass on the front/outer screen. I don't see why that would be an issue. My tempered glass screen protectors for the front screen are arriving today and I can't wait to get the stock one off.

I believe he is just talking about using tempered glass on the front/outer screen. I don't see why that would be an issue. My tempered glass screen protectors for the front screen are arriving today and I can't wait to get the stock one off.
Using temper glass for Foldable devices is a bit risky I feel, there might be a chance of damaging the display while folding with tempers on. So I prefer screen protectors which are thin, flexible and its safer comparing to screen protectors. Also I've been using my S20 Fe with gadgetshieldz screen protectors on it for months and it works well.

Using temper glass for Foldable devices is a bit risky I feel, there might be a chance of damaging the display while folding with tempers on. So I prefer screen protectors which are thin, flexible and its safer comparing to screen protectors. Also I've been using my S20 Fe with gadgetshieldz screen protectors on it for months and it works well.
Again, as was just stated in reply to your last comment, he's talking about using tempered glass for the OUTSIDE screen, NOT the folding one. There is no tempered glass screen protector for the folding display.

Reactions: pside15
Whitestone makes exactly that, an ultra thin foldable glass protector
But it's not a tempered glass screen protector.

AGAIN, mobile freak said he wanted a tempered glass screen protector for the FRONT FACING SCREEN. Not the inner folding screen.

Seancannery88 just keeps replying that he doesn't recommend a tempered glass screen protector for the folding display.

And tempered glass screen protectors do NOT exist for the folding display. One with ultra thin glass (not tempered glass) does.

Sonin66

Dec 15, 2012
Cleveland, OH
But it's not a tempered glass screen protector.

AGAIN, mobile freak said he wanted a tempered glass screen protector for the FRONT FACING SCREEN. Not the inner folding screen.

Seancannery88 just keeps replying that he doesn't recommend a tempered glass screen protector for the folding display.

And tempered glass screen protectors do NOT exist for the folding display. One with ultra thin glass (not tempered glass) does.
We already discussed whitestone making 2 for the front display

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Again, as was just stated in reply to your last comment, he's talking about using tempered glass for the OUTSIDE screen, NOT the folding one. There is no tempered glass screen protector for the folding display.