Accessories Screen protectors

Search This thread

Finneri

Jun 2, 2016
Thank god we finally have a flat screen Android flagship device! This means that searching for the perfect screen protector is easy, right? Right?!
Nope. Tried 2 already:

Nillkin H+Pro, 0,2mm temperes glass. Thin enough to work with the fingerprint sensor but covers only the display portion, none of the bezels. Because of this, it gets the rainbow effect on the sides.

Spigen ez fit rtc. Tempered glass. Pretty good coverage (could be better) but the thickness interferes with the fp sensor, it works very slow with this one.

So...where to buy "the one to rule them all". Full coverage, edge to edge (maybe with black borders) and sufficient compatibility with the fp sensor. Share your experiences!

Dr. Fed

Apr 23, 2010
Boston Area
My experience with glass screen protectors is that, unless they're bonded with a light cured adhesive, the fingerprint scanner stops working reliably after a few hours. Re-registering the fingerprints or increasing touch sensitivity in settings does not significantly improve the situation. Outside of the fingerprint sensor issue, this generation of tempered glass screen protectors, most of which use a snap-on frame to guide their installment, work very well and seem to be case friendly.

Nico3d3

Oct 17, 2013
Quebec
I hate GeekSquad but, they do at least one thing right: they install good screen protector. Just go to BestBuy and ask for a custom screen protector. They will install a ClearPlex protector with a special machine and it has a lifetime warranty. Cost: 30$ CAD. No problem with fingerprint sensor... Plus: if you ever find scratches, you can use a heatgun to repair it. The plastic will "self-repair".

Last edited:
Reactions: mptynugget

mptynugget

Jul 2, 2021
judgement_day
I hate GeekSquad but, they do at least one thing right: they install good screen protector. Just go to BestBuy and ask for a custom screen protector. They will install a ClearPlex protector with a special machine and it has a lifetime warranty. Cost: 30$ CAD. No problem with fingerprint sensor... Plus: if you ever find scratches, you can use a heatgun to repair it. The plastic will "self-repair".
I use the same phone cover that can self-heal the scratches and it really works, the scratches disappear within a few minutes. I got it from Gadgetshieldz for just $12 and it is giving good protection also fingerprint works fine! This S22 screen protector is better than the Samsung protectors.

Last edited:

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
I used the Whitestone and two cracked in 2 weeks.

They take a month to respond never buying again

wkearney99

Dec 19, 2007
Bethesda, MD

I have Spigen's EZ-fit tempered glass on my S22 and can't really say I like it. The fingerprint reading is very hit-and-miss. And this even after I deleted fingerprints made before installing the protector and new ones recorded after. Using it from the AOD screen nearly never works. Once active it seems to be less problematic than for AOD, but not well enough to be called "good".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.