• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Screen refresh rate for Galaxy Tab S7+

Search This thread
Since a few days I have a new Galaxy Tab S7+ and I am thrilled with it. The large OLED screen makes media consumption a real joy.
There is one small issue I have run into. With 50Hz (European TV) content I get some judder, visible well with ribbons of text running horizontally at the bottom of the screen (i.e. stock market symbols). It's not catastrophic, but visible. With 60Hz or 24Hz content the picture flows smoothly.
I have seen in the specs that the screen ist adaptive between 60 and 120Hz. It seems this is at discrete refresh rates and not continuously. I have not found any reference that this includes 100Hz, which would be a multiple of 50Hz and get rid of judder.
Question to the experts: is there any way to play 50Hz content smoothly on the S7+?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Just go into settings and type in Visibility enhancements if I remember correctly and gives you a option to set between 60hz,120hz or auto. You can access this through display option in settings as well. There is also a link on XDA for a app you can download for free and lock 120hz (which doesn't work if the tablet doesn't support it with a certain app like Call of duty mobile or no support for a app at all) in same thread there's a way to use bixby routines to achieve same goal. Youtube has step by step videos for all the things. Hope it helps!? Oh and anyone who may read this and know how to get call of duty mobile to run @120 FPS I would dance at your wedding. And before someone says it..... (I understand not same as 120hz but my phone with same snapdragon 865+ can but not Galaxy Tab S7 plus!!)

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
Just go into settings and type in Visibility enhancements if I remember correctly and gives you a option to set between 60hz,120hz or auto. You can access this through display option in settings as well. There is also a link on XDA for a app you can download for free and lock 120hz (which doesn't work if the tablet doesn't support it with a certain app like Call of duty mobile or no support for a app at all) in same thread there's a way to use bixby routines to achieve same goal. Youtube has step by step videos for all the things. Hope it helps!? Oh and anyone who may read this and know how to get call of duty mobile to run @120 FPS I would dance at your wedding. And before someone says it..... (I understand not same as 120hz but my phone with same snapdragon 865+ can but not Galaxy Tab S7 plus!!)
COD mobile probably didn't support 120hz at the time of your post, but it does now. I have my display set to 120hz and the game runs at between 115-120 FPS at all times, it never goes lower than that. My graphics settings are maxed out and the game never lags, except when my connection is really slow.

However, I did find out that the Samsung Game Optimizing Service will artificially limit CODM to 60 FPS, regardless of what you have your refresh rate set to. As soon as I deleted that app (I'm rooted), my FPS doubled.

I have the Tab S7+ SM-T970 (WiFi only).

bagginsatsea

Jun 9, 2015
Hi. I have 2 week old 7plus that originally gave me 60/120 choice but now 120hz shaded so no option. I can't find any setting that I have made to cause this. Any help appreciated as I don't really want to do a factory reset. Thanks