Screen Reversed

Search This thread

Korffair

Nov 25, 2021
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving. I am new to this forum and am looking for help
I have a problem with my screen on my Seicane Android 10.1 Car Radio.
After about 6 months of using the unit the picture on the head unit reversed. Everything now is displayed backwards on the touchscreen.
this happend when touching the screen to skip to a new music track.
I can only read anything using a mirror.. not much fun... and not usable while driving.
Anyone hve an idea how to get it back to normal. Seicane has not been very helpfull/Successful

Hope someone has an idea
thanks and have a great holiday weekend

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
After about 6 months of using the unit the picture on the head unit reversed. Everything now is displayed backwards on the touchscreen.
I can only read anything using a mirror.. not much fun... and not usable while driving.
Anyone hve an idea how to get it back to normal. Seicane has not been very helpfull/Successful

Hope someone has an idea
Not Android Auto.

Requested moderator moves to Android Head-Units forum.

Reactions: andybones

Korffair

Nov 25, 2021
Thanks, but tried factory reset, and reset ofdata etc. No luck.
Could not find how to reset head unit

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Thanks, but tried factory reset, and reset ofdata etc. No luck.
Could not find how to reset head unit
Or figure out what you own in an attempt to find out or narrow down from the many posts/ info and contribute to further discourse, apparently.

If looking for support, you've got to help others here help you, which does require a little effort. If that's not for you, probably contacting the reseller should be a first call. You might have tried the reseller, but how one can know without your commentary.

Last edited:

Korffair

Nov 25, 2021
Or figure out what you own in an attempt to find out or narrow down from the many posts/ info and contribute to further discourse, apparently.

If looking for support, you've got to help others here help you, which does require a little effort. If that's not for you, probably contacting the reseller should be a first call. You might have tried the reseller, but how one can know without your commentary.
Tried the seller, now since 6 months, so far no help. Have not found any one that had the same problem, but thanks for your reply anyhow

jlbooth

Feb 5, 2013
OnePlus 6T
When you power off and back on, does the splash screen show up reversed? This would help indicate whether the issue is software problem vs a hardware problem. Once the unit is booted up and everything showing up backwards, do the touch screen elements respond to touch in their new reversed positions? If the on screen elements in their new positions respond to touch, that would indicate that the digitizer essentially is reversed in addition to the LCD underneath. Quite odd, indeed.

I would suggest to connect a USB mouse to the unit and use that to navigate your way to the factory reset menu and give that a try.

Korffair

Nov 25, 2021
When you power off and back on, does the splash screen show up reversed? This would help indicate whether the issue is software problem vs a hardware problem. Once the unit is booted up and everything showing up backwards, do the touch screen elements respond to touch in their new reversed positions? If the on screen elements in their new positions respond to touch, that would indicate that the digitizer essentially is reversed in addition to the LCD underneath. Quite odd, indeed.

I would suggest to connect a USB mouse to the unit and use that to navigate your way to the factory reset menu and give that a try.
Thanks for your reply. Yes when staring up the splash screen is reversed as well. To use the Icons you have to touch the screen on the opposite side of where the icon is displayed. I will try the suggestion with the mouse to navigate and report back,
Thanks again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope someone has an idea
    Not Android Auto.

Requested moderator moves to Android Head-Units forum.