Screen saturation not balanced

Search This thread

hydkaran

Apr 15, 2010
Hi there ,
I've got a new redmi note 5 pro yesterday. Took a day to set it up and transfer all the data. My previous phone is redmi note 3 and I find it's display way more balanced than the note 5 pro. Particularly the greens are very dull.

Is that just me ? Should I have to run to the service center?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: alimsona

SilentEYE

Mar 23, 2008
I have a RN 3 Pro, RN 4x and a relatively new RN 4 (SD 625).
The Screen of the RN 4 is much worse than the first two devices. Xiaomis new Displays aren't as good nowadays on their budget midrangers.

If you compare recent youtube comparisons, you will see, that the new RN 5 Pro screen seems be even worse, but a Software update could probably fix this.
Check this video out and look for the color reproduction, especially the green colors.

Tommylee567

Jan 14, 2011
Bangalore
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have a RN 3 Pro, RN 4x and a relatively new RN 4 (SD 625).
The Screen of the RN 4 is much worse than the first two devices. Xiaomis new Displays aren't as good nowadays on their budget midrangers.

If you compare recent youtube comparisons, you will see, that the new RN 5 Pro screen seems be even worse, but a Software update could probably fix this.
Check this video out and look for the color reproduction, especially the green colors.

I checked in the display settings and saw something as "Contrast And Colors"
All the settings provided doesn't do much difference. Assuming either display unit is flawed or some adjustment has to be done in the software :(

hydkaran

Apr 15, 2010
I checked in the display settings and saw something as "Contrast And Colors"
All the settings provided doesn't do much difference. Assuming either display unit is flawed or some adjustment has to be done in the software :(

I don't think it's flawed. It might be a more softwarish issue than hardware. Hope Xiomi corrects it with a update ASAP.

Meanwhile must search for a workaround.

SERJAA

Feb 16, 2015
I personally experienced it too when i played games and watching videos, color saturation seems washed out in some games like in PUBG the grass and trees looks dull and sometimes i cant see my friend, i can only see the name running around.

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
Has there been any update on this? I got the phone yesterday and like you all noticed how desaturated the screen appears compared to my old Elephone P9000. Is this a white balance issue or what? Clash of Clans seems like it's got a opacity filter over it.

gohan456

Nov 13, 2012
honestly I got my device yesterday and I thought the same. but after using it all the time .. I just don't see it any more, it looks fine to me now. I don't have my redmi note 3 anymore for a comparison. I still hope there will be custom kernels soon with color calibration like on radon.

gsf600y

Mar 18, 2013
Same problem noticed here - had old Redmi Note 3 side by side with the 5 - white is so much whiter on the Note 3!! Looks like a step backwards.

Faizant82

Oct 27, 2015
It's not the display it is the software. I had redmi 4prime when i shifted to Note 5 Ai, both Indian and International version believed
to have same display, i immediately noticed faded green and yellow colors. Not only the colors, but also at 40pc redmi 4 prime was way brighter than Note 5 AI at 70 pc brightness. I was so disappointed then I decided to try LOS 15 and immediately it fixes the whole problem. Not only it was brighter, just like redmi 4 prime, but also it fixes its colour contrast. However, later I rolled back to Miui 9 since Los wasn't stable enough and it had many bugs. Now I am counting on Miui 10 hope it would fix the bugs.

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
I am also a bit disappointed with the colour reproduction. First I thought it is pleasant to the eye, but after some time now I feel it's a little dull.

Shikhar Sethi

Jul 2, 2018
Huge color problem in Redmi note 5 pro. But if I switch to second space then Colors are amazing but If I switch to first space then Colors become to bland.
Guys any solution for this?
Please help

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
What ?????

Hi there ,
I've got a new redmi note 5 pro yesterday. Took a day to set it up and transfer all the data. My previous phone is redmi note 3 and I find it's display way more balanced than the note 5 pro. Particularly the greens are very dull.
Is that just me ?

Same here.... I thought I was the one having this problem..

Not only whatsapp green or facebook blue every color is bland..

Ya the same problem exists with me .....

Same issue for me too. Green is not solid green. Blue is not solid blue. Looks so dull.

I am also a bit disappointed with the colour reproduction. First.

Huh???...... Whaaaaaat??? :confused:

Are you guys serious... My colors look GREAT!
Ok..... I hope some if not all of you can start to post homescreen pics right here.... let's see what you are talking about... :cool:

I going to post a few... and you tell me if you think these are really dull... IMO... They look fine to my eye considering this is not a SuperAmoled screen..

I can't wait to see what your devices are producing.. I would not want my colors any more saturated than this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there ,

Is that just me ? Should I have to run to the service center?

Thanks in advance
    Same here.... I thought I was the one having this problem.
    Whatsapp chats look very bland. Overall it ain't nice.

Not only whatsapp green or facebook blue every color is bland. Will post a pic of redmi note 3 and note 5 pro side by side. It's pathetic.