• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Screen Shot any Screen

Search This thread

Bubbamanlarry

Jul 31, 2007
Does anybody know of an app that will allow our rooted Pixels and Pixel XLs to capture any screen - including ones like bank app screens, pharmacy app screens, etc.? I think I had this on my HTC 10, but maybe it was accomplished via XPosed. Thanks!

Bubbamanlarry

Jul 31, 2007
Yep. One of my recent phones had development for an app that would capture anything. Pharmacies, credit cards, banks, etc. won't work with the normal process.

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
I would never take this risk.. if you allow and app to take screenshots of sensitive apps the can virtually steal all your information as your giving it overlay permissions. There is a reason why is not allowed. And I wouldn't recommend you use a third party app and give them the power to look over all your sensitive information..

Bubbamanlarry

Jul 31, 2007
I would never take this risk.. if you allow and app to take screenshots of sensitive apps the can virtually steal all your information as your giving it overlay permissions. There is a reason why is not allowed. And I wouldn't recommend you use a third party app and give them the power to look over all your sensitive information..

I understand the risk. I'm not talking about doing this on a daily basis. It's just handy NOT to have the limitation. It has been done, and I think I used it on my HTC 10. Maybe it was via Xposed like I said earlier. What's the likelihood we can do Xposed on the Pixels soon?

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
I understand the risk. I'm not talking about doing this on a daily basis. It's just handy NOT to have the limitation. It has been done, and I think I used it on my HTC 10. Maybe it was via Xposed like I said earlier. What's the likelihood we can do Xposed on the Pixels soon?
Well if you can't remember what it was I'd research it first.
It will be awhile for Xposed to be updated for this device so don't count on it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bubbamanlarry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    use another smart phone and take a picture of the screen
    problem solved :p
    Power + vol down.
    Done.
    That doesn't work with some apps.
    Well if you can't remember what it was I'd research it first.
    It will be awhile for Xposed to be updated for this device so don't count on it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk