Screen test comparison

Search This thread

cokesucker

Oct 2, 2014
So I did a screen test using Four fingers multi-touch. The first one is my old Op3T showing all four traces clearly. The second is my Poco showing first two fingers (to touch screen) clearly and other two are faint lines.
Both phones running same android 10 ROM setup and latest firmware. Tried different ROMs on Poco, same issue. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200412-000531.jpg
    Screenshot_20200412-000531.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_20200412-000815.jpg
    Screenshot_20200412-000815.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 175

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa
I'm having no such issues on my Poco.
I've seen a lot of threads regarding Poco display. From day one to now I haven't faced any issues with poco like low sound, poor network, light bleed etc.

However I do have one issue that is image retention. If I am on a website with static fixed colors and I open an app with white screen, the previous page can be seen. But this is only temporary and goes away after 15 seconds.

cokesucker

Oct 2, 2014
I'm having no such issues on my Poco.
I've seen a lot of threads regarding Poco display. From day one to now I haven't faced any issues with poco like low sound, poor network, light bleed etc.

However I do have one issue that is image retention. If I am on a website with static fixed colors and I open an app with white screen, the previous page can be seen. But this is only temporary and goes away after 15 seconds.

That's great, are you on stock or custom Rom, what's your setup?
Image retention-perhaps live display needs some tweaking.

cokesucker

Oct 2, 2014
Disable three finger screen shot and your ghost touch fix
I try on stock rom and its working

I'm on CR custom rom, but actually all my gestures are disabled. The issue isn't ghost touch, i dont have it. For daily use it's fine.
It's just the quality of touch screen as seen on the screen test in OP is sub par.

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa

Fully Stock MIUI 11 (Android 10)
Since its LCD there's no option (nor needed) to have Live Display or Ambient Display. The image retention began about two months ago. It is not consistent. Sometimes the image retains for about 5 seconds, sometimes there's no retention at all. Since this is LCD I don't need to worry about burn in. And even if burn in is possible on LCD I frequently move the UI in different places.

I have a 2013 Moto X as well as a Moto G
I have compared the panels from those phones with my Poco and I see no problems at all. All touches are fine and there is no ghost clicks.

Almsket every day there is a new post about display issues... I guess I'm just lucky to be in the few who don't have any problems.

Reactions: cokesucker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Fully Stock MIUI 11 (Android 10)
    Since its LCD there's no option (nor needed) to have Live Display or Ambient Display. The image retention began about two months ago. It is not consistent. Sometimes the image retains for about 5 seconds, sometimes there's no retention at all. Since this is LCD I don't need to worry about burn in. And even if burn in is possible on LCD I frequently move the UI in different places.

I have a 2013 Moto X as well as a Moto G
    I have compared the panels from those phones with my Poco and I see no problems at all. All touches are fine and there is no ghost clicks.

Almsket every day there is a new post about display issues... I guess I'm just lucky to be in the few who don't have any problems.