• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Screen turning on by itself.

Search This thread

Dadaonacsil09

Sep 9, 2020
Thank you very much

1- Activate developers options on your phone.
For this you have to open Settings>About phone and tap on MIUI Version for about 7-10 time.
Now you go back to settings>adittional settings > Developer Options. Make sure you have USB Debugging and
USB Debugging(Security settings) are activated. For this last one i think you have to be logged in your MI account.

2- Install ADB(Android Debug Bridge) on your computer.
If you are on Windows, install ADB Universal drivers first.
Then download the ADB files.

3- Excecute commands.
Open a Command prompt (or shell) on the directory where you have the adb files.
Connect your phone with a USB cable. Change the USB mode to “file transfer".
In the Command Prompt window, enter the following command to launch the ADB daemon: adb devices.
You should get a prompt on your phone to allow (or deny) USB Debugging. Allow it and re enter on command prompt the "adb devices" command.
Now you should see your phone serial number. And you just have to enter the mentioned commands.
adb shell
settings put secure wake_gesture_enabled 0
exit (to exit adb shell)

And that`s all. Your phone screen should stay locked when you move it at this point.
Hope this helps you.

Thanks it fix the problem..

A

AtoZ10

Some clarifications.

For this you have to open Settings>About phone and tap on MIUI Version for about 7-10 time.
Now you go back to settings>adittional settings > Developer Options. Make sure you have USB Debugging and
USB Debugging(Security settings) are activated. For this last one i think you have to be logged in your MI account.

3- Excecute commands.
In the Command Prompt window, enter the following command to launch the ADB daemon: adb devices.
You should get a prompt on your phone to allow (or deny) USB Debugging. Allow it and re enter on command prompt the "adb devices" command.
Now you should see your phone serial number. And you just have to enter the mentioned commands.
adb shell
exit (to exit adb shell)

And that`s all. Your phone screen should stay locked when you move it at this point.
Hope this helps you.

On the number 2, I've already installed the Universal ADB but where can I get the ADB files that you've mentioned? I can't proceed further and I can't see the adb shell. TIA

Last edited:

Diego l.

Sep 13, 2020
A mí me pasa lo mismo pero no entiendo lo que es esto Después de buscar un poco, encontré la solución para esto usando adb.
Todo lo que tienes que hacer es ejecutar estos 2 comandos. Que es abd??

AtoZ10

Sep 12, 2020
Thank you!

3- Excecute commands.
adb shell
exit (to exit adb shell)

Hope this helps you.

Just on youtube on how to download adb. On windows 10 follow the steps..

Thank you! It's all good and working now. The files I've been following and used before are wrong and I watched YT tutorial on how and where to download the correct ones ??

hmayday

Oct 1, 2020
What is adb? How do I run these 2 commands? Do I need to dowload SDK Manager on a laptop and connect my mobile, etc or is there an easier path (less fearing)?

AtoZ10

Sep 12, 2020
What is adb? How do I run these 2 commands? Do I need to dowload SDK Manager on a laptop and connect my mobile, etc or is there an easier path (less fearing)?

Hello. Search this on YT and follow the instructions.
"how to install adb drivers on windows 10"
Select the one uploaded by Naiwik Tech. I'm afraid I'm unable to paste here the video link.

Oct 11, 2017
After a bit of searching i found the solution for this using adb.
All you have to do is run these 2 commands

Thanks man, it worked!

Do you also happen to know the command for "power button locks instantly" in adb?
My phone locks after 5 seconds of pressing the power button, and I can't seem to find which adb shell setting I have to tinker with.

Aleksandar123123

Dec 15, 2020

3- Excecute commands.
adb shell
exit (to exit adb shell)

Hope this helps you.

bro im in computer science 1st year and now i feel like im android developer, thank you , this should work for everyone

mrakovuki

Aug 30, 2021

3- Excecute commands.
adb shell
exit (to exit adb shell)

Hope this helps you.
PLEASEE HELP, i did all this and when i put the code in it says something like camillion and a dolar sign and idk what to do next. when i just exit the application it does nothing. ( im using a Note 10 but theres no other tutorial for that model) pls help!!!!!

Noor_ul_Hafeez

Mar 23, 2016

3- Excecute commands.
adb shell
exit (to exit adb shell)

Hope this helps you.
Just logged into XDA to say thanks to you. You are a life saver i was thinking about changing my device... It is perfect now . It no longer turns on by itself when raise to wake is disabled. I wish xiaomi was smarter than u lol😁😁😍😍

wolfskate

Nov 30, 2021
To anyone with Xiaomi phone that could not turn off the "Raise To Wake Up" feature,
THE COMMAND LINE WORKS!

I have the Poco X3 GT with the exact same issue
Just follow the instruction given and it will solve the issue.

I can't thank you enough logan3103

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After a bit of searching i found the solution for this using adb.
    All you have to do is run these 2 commands
    adb shell
    When moving the redmi Note 9 the screen turns on by itself. I have disabled the "lift to activate" option, but the screen keeps turning on when moving.
    Someone can help me please?

When the winds of change blow, some build walls, others build windmills

Mine does this also when "Raise to wake" is on ( settings > lockscreen > raise to wake), but after switching this off I can wave the phone about all I like and the screen remains off

Have you tried restarting in safe mode? Just wondering if you might have an app which is keeping your phone from sleeping
    I disabled raise to wake, but screen is turning on yet when moving (only when moving)

When the winds of change blow, some build walls, others build windmills

Try toggling raise to wake of on on then off, then reboot the phone - sounds like something is stopping the setting taking effect
    Clearly not normal behaviour

Nuclear option would be to reset to factory settings, but I'd be slow enough to do that
    Why not just put pocket mode on and leave it at that?
    I'm stupid and I don't know how to do this and have the same issue, could someone walk me trough with how to get into ADB and use the commands

3- Excecute commands.
    adb shell
    exit (to exit adb shell)

Hope this helps you.

Pls help me how to perform this process i have the issue

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Pls help me how to perform this action i have the same issue redmi note 9 global

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Pls help me how to perfom this trick..i have the same issue