Screen uniformity issues

Search This thread

Thordgar

Oct 6, 2014
Polignano a Mare
Hi, I've recently bought a S20 FE 5G. I noticed at night that my screen was brighter on the edges like a cheap LCD phone.
I could reproduce the issue using "Display Tester" app using Dark Grey color and 1% brightness, I was in a dark room.
There is a sort of light bleeding from the edges of the screen and the center of the screen is brighter than the other parts.
Any of you has encountered the same issue?

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-27 at 14.18.13.jpeg

tkshk

Nov 1, 2012
Actually, I think you are lucky. Your oled looks almost perfect to me. Compared to yours, mine is way worse - it has a brighter area and banding in the lower part of the screen. Disuniformity can be noticeable in dark gray image in low brightness in dark room. I've seen this in other oled panels (Galaxy and Pixel phones). There is no guarantee I can get a better replacement, so I don't go that route unless display is annoyingly low quality.

silvergem

Oct 23, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Actually, I think you are lucky. Your oled looks almost perfect to me. Compared to yours, mine is way worse - it has a brighter area and banding in the lower part of the screen. Disuniformity can be noticeable in dark gray image in low brightness in dark room. I've seen this in other oled panels (Galaxy and Pixel phones). There is no guarantee I can get a better replacement, so I don't go that route unless display is annoyingly low quality.
I think this is related to implementation of how they increase the brightness, when you are using it longer on low brightness the color will uniform.

Per checking on witrigs.com. The Replacement screen cost on S20 = $230 vs S20 FE = $148 vs S9 = $162. So the S20 FE screen is not high quality as S9+.

Since I have an s9+, this doesn't happen to my phone which is already 2 years and 9 months

I
1609735340953.png

1609735389236.png

1609735398635.png