Screen unlock code screwed after using MrVGA

Search This thread

Wiz

Nov 13, 2003
Amsterdam
www.t-systems.com
After coming back from real VGA, my x7500 does not want to accept my unlock code anymore. The one cached in Activesync does not work anymore either, becuase activesync now also asks for an unlock code again.

This effectively has shut me out of my X7500, and my only option now is a hard reset.

Has anyone else ever had this experience?

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA
After coming back from real VGA, my x7500 does not want to accept my unlock code anymore. The one cached in Activesync does not work anymore either, becuase activesync now also asks for an unlock code again.

This effectively has shut me out of my X7500, and my only option now is a hard reset.

Has anyone else ever had this experience?

I experienced a similar issue. I was working with the devie and had to soft reset a few times. The last tme I got locked out of my device. My password would no longer work and i was forced to hard reset. Needless to say, I don't have a password on my device now. Was a very annoying issue. Im running WM6 withthe x7500, not CID unlocked.

Wiz

Nov 13, 2003
Amsterdam
www.t-systems.com
I experienced a similar issue. I was working with the devie and had to soft reset a few times. The last tme I got locked out of my device. My password would no longer work and i was forced to hard reset. Needless to say, I don't have a password on my device now. Was a very annoying issue. Im running WM6 withthe x7500, not CID unlocked.

Well, of course I keep daily (Sprite) backups, so no real harm done. But it was a bit of a surprise nevertheless. It indicates that the database that keeps the unlockcodes apparently continuously is in an open state or else a soft reset would not have corrupted it.

Wiz

Nov 13, 2003
Amsterdam
www.t-systems.com
Errr I now have definite proof that there's something wrong with either the WM6 upgrade specifically or with the Power shutdown routine in general.

I just performed a hard reset, did not bother to configure anything except for the power on password/pin. After the shutdown and reboot, the pin is corrupted and entry into the machine is prohibited.

What's more, when I cleared my password on a fully configured machine and performed that same shutdown, after the reboot my mail password was gone and even my TomTom activation was gone ....... somehow something gets seriously corrupted after a shutdown.

There is definitely something wrong here. Could someone try this on a factory default WM5 machine, or even on a freshly installed WM6 machine to see where this issue comes from?

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
Errr I now have definite proof that there's something wrong with either the WM6 upgrade specifically or with the Power shutdown routine in general.

I just performed a hard reset, did not bother to configure anything except for the power on password/pin. After the shutdown and reboot, the pin is corrupted and entry into the machine is prohibited.

What's more, when I cleared my password on a fully configured machine and performed that same shutdown, after the reboot my mail password was gone and even my TomTom activation was gone ....... somehow something gets seriously corrupted after a shutdown.

There is definitely something wrong here. Could someone try this on a factory default WM5 machine, or even on a freshly installed WM6 machine to see where this issue comes from?

Do you experience the problem if true VGA is not used?

Last edited: