Screen wont turn on in the dark and blacks out during calls

Search This thread

macadacious91

Jun 8, 2019
I cant double tap to turn my screen on when its dark unless its bright in the room or im outside where its bright the screen turns on no problem, why is this? My old phone lg g5 turns on in the dark no problem when i double tap it. Also when i make or call or recieve a call the screen immediately blacks out when i hit the call button or answer the call..

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I cant double tap to turn my screen on when its dark unless its bright in the room or im outside where its bright the screen turns on no problem, why is this? My old phone lg g5 turns on in the dark no problem when i double tap it. Also when i make or call or recieve a call the screen immediately blacks out when i hit the call button or answer the call..
Or you can hit the fingerprint button on the back.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

kenbo111

Oct 7, 2013
McDonough,NY
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Sounds like it could be a bad proximity sensor.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

macadacious91

Jun 8, 2019
Or you can hit the fingerprint button on the back.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

Thats what i do for now but it get annoying that it blacks out like that and i forgot to mention on whatsapp i cant press anything on the screen, like i cant end call, turn on the speaker, mute or anything. All i can do is back out of the app and open it again and can do whatever i want but as soon as i hit the green bar that says return to call the screen freezes again and nothing on the screen works

djwuh

Jun 4, 2012
unknown
Had a phone with a crack in the screen above the proximity sensor that caused the same problem.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

macadacious91

Jun 8, 2019
The symptoms seem to point to the sensor saying that it is close to your ear even when it is not. Is something blocking it? A new case or something maybe

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Im thinking it is but im afraid to open up the phone as its new and i just got it. I bought it off ebay lol. And i dont have a case on the phone

Had a phone with a crack in the screen above the proximity sensor that caused the same problem.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Phone is new no cracks or damages on the screen

macadacious91

Jun 8, 2019
k6n6F94

So i downloaded a proximity sensor test and it is the sensor.. so now i have to open the phone up for sure and fix this..

Reactions: ChazzMatt

Top Liked Posts