screen yellow tint on left side and blue shadow following scroll

Search This thread

zahi essam

Aug 4, 2016
At low brightness states between 5% and 15% , I notice
a yellow tint on the lift side of the phone, especially on grey background, but It's better seen in a dark room, like when I'm scrolling at night.
can you guys tell if it's a software or hardware problem.
I can't ignore that odd uniformity in colours.
There is also a blue shadow following my scroll down in the same conditions of lightinig and brightness.

Here's a link showing the problem

zahi essam

Aug 4, 2016
Here are some pics, I wish they are clear enough

Attachments

• 20200627_173317.jpg
    20200627_173317.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 20200627_173341.jpg
    20200627_173341.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 174

faizauthar12

Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contrib
Jan 26, 2014
Jakarta
that's called smear. it happens on all good amoled screen. it's even exist on 90Hz display ex: op7t. but it hard to notice it because of 90Hz refresh rate.

Reactions: zahi essam

faizauthar12

Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contrib
Jan 26, 2014
Jakarta
It doesn't sound comforting when you say "good amoled screen" ;) It means the technology is basically crap ;)
Does it exist on Galaxy S20?
i have j7 pro, a71 and op7t.
j7 pro has less contrast than a71 and op7t. and j7 pro doesn't have noticeable smear as a71 and op7t does.
this is a refference where i get those information https://amp.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS9/comments/9brauw/black_smear_test/

as stated in link above, every pixel in amoled is on and off. when you're using black theme and low brightness and trying to scroll.as fast as possible. the led at certain location need to be turn and off as soon as possible. it makes smear noticable.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It doesn't sound comforting when you say "good amoled screen" ;) It means the technology is basically crap ;)
    Does it exist on Galaxy S20?
    i have j7 pro, a71 and op7t.
    j7 pro has less contrast than a71 and op7t. and j7 pro doesn't have noticeable smear as a71 and op7t does.
    this is a refference where i get those information https://amp.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS9/comments/9brauw/black_smear_test/

as stated in link above, every pixel in amoled is on and off. when you're using black theme and low brightness and trying to scroll.as fast as possible. the led at certain location need to be turn and off as soon as possible. it makes smear noticable.
    that's called smear. it happens on all good amoled screen. it's even exist on 90Hz display ex: op7t. but it hard to notice it because of 90Hz refresh rate.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone