Screen2Auto - New app for AA smartphone mirroring (only for root devices).

Search This thread

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
This should work fine. For those that don't want to use lucky patcher and king installer, just use AAAD to install Screen2Auto as it changes the package name automatically anyway. AAEase does as well. At least now S2A shows up in the AA app list again. As long as AA doesn't detect that there is an update available it should be good to go. I'll report back when the wife gets home with our other car.

My issue was Google forcing the update upon me when AA launched, like others were having.

Testing on a Whyred with this weeks lineage 18.1. I should have a PocoF3 to test on any day now as well. I also have a Carsifi on order so that we can try to test this over wireless AA using that dongle, as well as the AAWireless dongle mentioned above.

Edit: AAEase confirmed by tiho5.
Edit 2: I tried the latest available from the playstore for me (7.1.614574) and that was a no go to even have Screen2Auto show up in my app list. I will verify 6.9 later on tonight (it should be working since S2A shows up in my app list). Then I will give the 7.0 build that someone mentioned above, a try.

Cheers guys and thanks to Luiscaproducer for posting the step by step quoted below.

Screen2Auto and Fermata Auto for Android 12

Dear all, I managed to have S2A working again on Android 12...I'd like to let everyone know that I am NOT a developer and I'm just reporting here the steps that worked for me.

ROOT REQUIRED

- Uninstall any previous installed AA version (Except the factory one, if available) and install the AA 6.9.613744
- Enable 3rd party and developer mode on AA again
- Download and install (no need to open it) the latest version of Screen2Auto, Use Lucky Patcher to clone the app and save the cloned app somewhere in your device.
- Uninstall S2A
- Download and install KingInstaller 1.2 (Find Attached)
- Use KingInstaller to install the cloned version of S2A previously saved
- Use AA AIO Tweaker app to patch the app. Reboot.
- Open S2A and give all permissions.
- Use HideMyApplist to detach Google Play store to update the AA app (If you're running Magisk Canary Release download the Zygisk - LSPosed module to make HMA work). Create a Blacklist template in HideMyApplist and you select the Android Auto app, click on save. (top right icon). Always on HMA Go to "Select Effective Apps" and look for google play store and tap on it, enable the following "Enable Hide", "Enable all hide methods" applied the blacklist template. Save (top right icon).
- DONE!

Use the same process for Fermata Auto if you're interested. I don't really know if all these steps are needed to make it work but I would recommend to "stick to the plan".

PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK IN ORDER TO CONFIRM THE FLOW.

Cheersss

Last edited:
Reactions: zgfg

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
AA 6.9.613744 does work when unlinked from the play store, but even though it doesn't force you to update, it does know its an old version and sets this notification shown here.

Screenshot_20220123-181216.png

It is still better than forcing you to update and making S2A not work at all -- at least for now.

Edit: 7.0.614174 is still working fine as well, as does not set the notification that 6.9.613744 sets above.

Edit 2: 6.9 seems a little more stable on my phone than 7.0 does. But both do work once disconnected from market. If you do not disconnect it, they will all force you to update to 7.1 before working (and thus break S2A).

Last edited:

Roland303

Jan 24, 2022
Hello, what am I doing wrong? If I install the older AA version and block it according to the instructions, my Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Android 12 no longer connects. The latest version of AA must always be on it first, only then screen2Auto no longer works. It only shows a black screen for a short time and closes immediately.

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
Hello, what am I doing wrong? If I install the older AA version and block it according to the instructions, my Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Android 12 no longer connects. The latest version of AA must always be on it first, only then screen2Auto no longer works. It only shows a black screen for a short time and closes immediately.
Did you completely remove all AA updates and clear the storage for the AA app before installing a working version? Mine was keeping data for the built in version even when updates were uninstalled.
There are a few more reboots required than the original instructions (ie have the canary version of magisk installed for A12, Riru, lsposed and hide my applist. I had to reboot after installing each of those modules even on A11). Where I'm on A11, I was able to use the official Magisk 23. It did take some trial and error to get working properly in the end.

If you don't have root using the canary version of magisk for A12 im not 100% S2A will work on there at all. I don't have a device here with A12 on it to test at the moment. Sorry.

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
Is there also a possibility to detach Android Auto with LuckyPatcher?

LuckyPatcher does not need root.

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
Is there also a possibility to detach Android Auto with LuckyPatcher?

LuckyPatcher does not need root.
Luckypatcher does require root for some functions as far as I can remember. I haven't used it in a few years.
If a lower version of the AA APK or even just a stub (so play store sees it and installs AA when the apps are first updated after a fresh install) is in your system partition and you don't have root, then no you probably cant. Titanium Backup used to work for detaching, but again, root was required. (That is what I used to detach apps in earlier versions of Android on my Z2, but sometimes they would still reappear in the Play Store after a reboot).

If there is no stub for the AA apk in your system partition, you MIGHT be able to change the package name and/or resign it with your own key. This is essentially what the non-root version of YouTubeVanced does by using a different package name.
I don't know if vehicles will even launch AA if it isn't signed with Google's key or the package name is changed though.
For example: Lets look at Google Assistant support with Vanced. If you try to voice control the non-root version, GA will tell you that you don't have YT/YT music installed. If you have the root versions of Vanced, then Google Assistant will work fine, because the APKs have the package names that Google Assistant expects them to have. So as far as it knows, you have legit versions of the apps installed.

Where AA doesn't even have it's own icon in the app drawer anymore and is accessed through the settings menu, it is possible you wont even see it in there if the package name is changed. (This is speculation on my part as I have never had a reason to try that).

I would guess that without S2A being updated to support current versions of AA again without all of this screwing around, non-root users that don't still have it working are probably out of luck for now, and possibly in the not too distant future, we may all be. It seems that Google REALLY doesn't want unauthorized apps working with Android Auto, especially screen mirroring apps.

Edit: Expanded on some thoughts and fixed up some legibility issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: zgfg

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
If you bootloop on an OTA update (like mine just did on todays release of Lineage 18.1), force a reboot into recovery, clear cache and dalvik, and reboot again. The phone will then boot but I ended up with Lsposed being partially activated after that reboot. It says SeLinux policy not loaded properly, so the Magisk recovery script didn't run properly when the OTA update installed. Go into your Magisk app and reinstall Magisk and reboot. Then all should be well again. (I'm guessing this had something to do with Riru/Lsposed/HideMyAppList as I didn't have any of that stuff installed before any prior updates.)

Last edited:

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
I tried AA with s changed package name and resigned key. On the phone AA starts.
In the car: the car does not even recognize that AA is installed and you can't start AA.

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
Titanium Backup used to work for detaching, but again, root was required. (That is what I used to detach apps in earlier versions of Android on my Z2, but sometimes they would still reappear in the Play Store after a reboot).
Screen2auto will work for me with AA 6.96 on a pixel 6 running android 12 for about a day. then without updating anything it will stop working the next day. I need to reinstall AA and repatch to get it to work again. are you saying you can use titanium back up to solve this?

Anton_Chigurh

Jul 13, 2019
Venice
Screen2auto will work for me with AA 6.96 on a pixel 6 running android 12 for about a day. then without updating anything it will stop working the next day. I need to reinstall AA and repatch to get it to work again. are you saying you can use titanium back up to solve this?
Clear cache and data of AA. You must to do this everytime before you reconnect.

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
You can try with Titanium Backup Pro to detach AA from market to see if it still gives you problems. I'm not even sure if that function in TB will work still in A12. I haven't used that method to detach since Oreo though. This will require root.

The confirmed working method using the alpha/canary version of Magisk for A12 along with Riru+Lsposed+HideMyAppList that has already been posted previously in the thread requires root as well. This is the method I'm using on A11. (With the exception of using Magisk 23 official release instead of the canary alpha version that is needed to make it work with Android 12).

Reactions: tensux

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
You can try with Titanium Backup Pro to detach AA from market to see if it still gives you problems. I'm not even sure if that function in TB will work still in A12. I haven't used that method to detach since Oreo though. This will require root.

The confirmed working method using the alpha/canary version of Magisk for A12 along with Riru+Lsposed+HideMyAppList that has already been posted previously in the thread requires root as well. This is the method I'm using on A11. (With the exception of using Magisk 23 official release instead of the canary alpha version that is needed to make it work with Android 12).

Can you clarify what you mean by "stops working"? Is it complaining you need to update, or will it just not load?
what happens is it disappears from the android auto screen.

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
Use AA ver. 6.9. 613744.
Already covered that in my previous post (#2047). It will likely stop working soon. I've been switching back and forth between that version and 7.0.614174.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Of course, my problem was how to disable the automatic updates of the Play store, and I found the AuroraStore proposal interesting, but I solved it by disabling the updates directly from the play store.

Here is my tested "working solution" of ScreenToAuto:
    (I state that I have a Xiaomi MI10T lite with Root)
    AAuto 7.4.620964 (but I think any version could be fine taking into account what is written below)
    Aease 0.4 (although designed for unrooted phones, it did its job with my rooted)
    Screen2Auto 3.6.3

P.S. about using AA Aio Tweacer .....

I have not patched s2A with AA Aio Tweacher (not used / not installed);

-s2A installed via AAEase which evidently reads the "modified" package of s2a
    -I still removed the automatic installation for Google Play updates, so I can determine if and which update to install ...
    and… magically it works !!
    Ok, so I found AAEase v0.4 on inceptive.ru:

I see/understand now that there is no need to manually download Screen2Auto (also from inceptive.ru) - since AAEase offers by itself to download/install both Screen2Auto and Fermata

Screenshots attached

I also installed CarTube by using AAStore:

Currently I have the latest Android Auto but I have detached AA from Google Play by use of Hide My Apps (HMA, LSPosed module), to prevent further updates:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...te-android-auto-utility.4194239/post-86119983

Also, to prevent Phenotype changes in background by Android Auto, I executed the shell script aa_block_3rdapp_hack.sh from @sebi3481:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...te-android-auto-utility.4194239/post-86091595

Everything works fine except a minor issue that apps opened from Screen2Auto do not close on disconnecting from Android Auto (I'm pretty sure that it worked on my older phone) although Close apps when S2A exiting is enabled in S2A

---

Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE
    MIUI 12.5.8 EEA, Android 11

Magisk Canary v24306

Android Auto v7.4.620964
    AA-AIO-Tweaker v5.0.2
    aa_block_3rdapp_hack.sh

Fermata v1.8.11
    CarTube v0.3.2.2
    Screen2Auto v3.6.3
    Thanks a lot for the info!!

I suppose it is not so easy anymore to root the phone as it was in the past with 1-click, right?:(
    Don't thank him, because it is not true. On my Samsung Note 9 I can use S2A and operate the apps via touch of the car media system without root.

You need some settings in S2A.
    Go to "Other settings" and enable "Alternative touch" and try the profiles. For me Profile 3 worked best. Also enable "Automatic shutdown of SELinux". Touch will then be usable.
    one instruction that i have never figured out during the install of screen2auto. When setting up permissions it states "And also give permission to capture the screen. Can someone tell me where/how this is done?
    I always send this command using a PC, otherwise the warning will pop up every time you use S2A

"Disable cast warning"

Adb shell appops set ru."whatever S2A is renamed" PROJECT_MEDIA allow

From page 70
    Post in thread 'Screen2Auto - New app for AA smartphone mirroring (only for root devices).' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-only-for-root-devices.4062787/post-84992013
    Smartphone screen on Anddroid Auto HU car screen
    For root devices only!

a65be9f97d8097a3eeccdacfbe7ac48d.png

b8add53a049c33be76f7e3778db2551c.png

c1b9abbde2a1f4e7a6920f3b7bd1ffe2.png

Application features:
    - The main reason for creating this application is working with Android 9 Pie
    1. Сompletely new application combining AAMirror & AAStream features.
    2. Additional functions: clock, dimming, selection of resolutions, etc.
    3. Ability to choose the automatic launch of any application at A2M startup.
    4. Floating button to control the application from the HU screen.
    5. Ability to reset if incorrect output and resolution distortion.
    6. Many other chips...
    1d1ca5ad04e260cb8dfa7360d36cee00.png

Installation and setup:
    1. Download and Install Screen2Auto
    6760829d5c83bfb472ea0a96d8b0efde.png
    2. Enable developper settings in Android Auto and enable Unkown sources in developper settings.
    1. Launch on the Android Auto mobile device
    2. Open the menu, tap the tab "About Android Auto"
    3. In the menu that opens, tap on the gear (settings). Then we crawl to the very bottom of the menu that opens: "Version 4.5. *** - release".
    4. 10 times tap on the display of the version of Android Auto, a window will appear where we must agree with what we are doing. Click "Yes."
    5. Go to the menu (tap "three points") and select the tab "For Developers" that appears in the menu
    6. In the last line, put a checkmark "Unknown sources" or use other settings of the developer's menu.
    3. Use the AA AIO TWEAKER from @shmykelsa for activation third-party applications.
    4. Launch the application and perform the initial setup of permission recovery. Click on the button and save them.
    1ae13868aa9142dd0ea19722b818d9a7.jpg
    5. Make the necessary settings as desired.
    Warning:
    If, after turning off the smartphone or exiting AA (turned off the car, closed the emulator, removed the USB), the resolution of the smartphone did not return to its original state (the recovery settings, failure, smartphone features, etc. were set incorrectly, etc.), you need go to Settings → Reset settings and select the WM SIZE RESET option. Resolution will be restored to factory.
    3e5e464d111050be0db4f57505492313.png
    0222f487a017f62a6242d37d27e82b3a.png

Don't forget to use the button (if you want course):
    cb294618ab788427637345c9f1030b77.png

Warning! New version of the application released!
    Thanks to everyone who offered delicious coffee!
    All of this thanks to all caring people.

Attention!
    You can download and install S2A on devices without root using the new application
    Android Auto Apps Downloader (AAAD)
    However, I still recommend using C2A on rooted devices.

What's new

v3.5.2beta
    • Bug fixes

v3.5beta
    • Adapted for Non Root devices
    • Notification when pause (for automation).
    • Bug fixes
    • Languages update

v3.4.6
    • Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes

v3.4.5
    • Added the ability to change the icon of the floating button
    • Added autostart mapcam.info
    • Added starting Tasker task after completion
    • Minor fixes

v3.4
    • Fixed jambs
    • Added Support for Screen2Echo*
    • *Screen2Echo - application idesigned to link two phones. An application for those who do not want to get root on their main phone, and the second one is always in the car . Screen2Auto and S2Echo communicate via WiFi Hotspot.
    • Added Function to enable Hotspot at phone startup

v3.3
    • Bug fixes
    • Switch "Do not restore" in the settings
    • Fixes for some jambs version 3.2

v3.1
    • Bug fixes
    • Fix launch on Android 5&6
    • Fix Netflix (be sure to enable accessibility)
    • Adjustment of language packs
    • Added new translations

v3.0
    • Application optimization
    • Made initial setting (Wizard settings)
    • Updated language files. (Thanks for the translations)
    • Added driving safety warning

32a6ff91f00801a90056ed0b6dc27241.png

837e9dacbe128637ed1dcd820e3b0a00.png
    Preview

29f8f3095dcb6e0f7c50945273cd8846.jpg

74a842327d62fc08ff4094db75c5cf05.jpg

d3ca794b3557868d6b0c5d0f1cb47726.jpg

f12617d47c0d7ba10b38071596beea04.jpg

2e7d1fd6cfc6285f47cb63c875f37344.jpg

b3b5fbe231fd9037188cc9995ea7cea3.jpg

e6cb6d066052a58c27c5fa40755c4a7b.jpg

472ed615393e079d2cf3b0180ceb8bc5.jpg

5798b314178fd956947295e55eac32c1.jpg

Well, as usual, I will be glad your coffee
    8ba7613826381811e8ab595c18c11459.jpg
    Download: ↓↓↓
    A new version 3.4.6 has been released

• Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes
    Screen2Auto upgrade to v2.8!
    • Work optimization
    • (Delete) Removed the speedometer.
    • (Add) Added switch to enable / disable the function of forced application termination
    • (Add) Added to the launcher the HOME and WORK buttons from the Yandex navigator.
    • (Add) Added Polish language (thanks wal24)
    • (Add) Launching scree2auto task from Tasker
    • (Fix) Fixed launch from the application menu
    The only way (similar method from the Fermata player thread) I found to overcome the problem for now is:
    - Use Android Auto version 7.0.614104 (tried v7.1.614554, it does not work in any way).
    - Rename the Screen2Auto app v3.6.2 (change the ru.inceptive.screentwoauto name) with Lucky Patcher or any other rename apk app.
    - Uninstall the original Screen2Auto and install the renamed one.
    - Enable Unknown Sources on AA and patch/add the newly renamed app to AA with AA IO Tweaker as you normally would.

I tried turning off/on the car, disconnected and rebooted the phone, Screen2Auto hasn't disappeared yet.
    hello how do you rename the apk with lucky patcher ... i'm interested thank you
    Lucky Patcher actually calls it "Cloning".
    There are also other apps like ApkRenamer and Apk Editor Pro, but haven't tried them.
    An example of cloned app, that has been renamed to ru.inceptive.screentwoautp using Lucky PAtcher clone operation ("p" instead of "o" at the end) (** I'm not responsible if Lucky Patcher has injected anything malicious in the apk, I hope not, I'm also using the apk **):