Screen2Auto and Fermata Auto for Android 12
Dear all, I managed to have S2A working again on Android 12...I'd like to let everyone know that I am NOT a developer and I'm just reporting here the steps that worked for me.
- Uninstall any previous installed AA version (Except the factory one, if available) and install the AA 6.9.613744
- Enable 3rd party and developer mode on AA again
- Download and install (no need to open it) the latest version of Screen2Auto, Use Lucky Patcher to clone the app and save the cloned app somewhere in your device.
- Uninstall S2A
- Download and install KingInstaller 1.2 (Find Attached)
- Use KingInstaller to install the cloned version of S2A previously saved
- Use AA AIO Tweaker app to patch the app. Reboot.
- Open S2A and give all permissions.
- Use HideMyApplist to detach Google Play store to update the AA app (If you're running Magisk Canary Release download the Zygisk - LSPosed module to make HMA work). Create a Blacklist template in HideMyApplist and you select the Android Auto app, click on save. (top right icon). Always on HMA Go to "Select Effective Apps" and look for google play store and tap on it, enable the following "Enable Hide", "Enable all hide methods" applied the blacklist template. Save (top right icon).
Use the same process for Fermata Auto if you're interested. I don't really know if all these steps are needed to make it work but I would recommend to "stick to the plan".
PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK IN ORDER TO CONFIRM THE FLOW.
Did you completely remove all AA updates and clear the storage for the AA app before installing a working version? Mine was keeping data for the built in version even when updates were uninstalled.Hello, what am I doing wrong? If I install the older AA version and block it according to the instructions, my Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Android 12 no longer connects. The latest version of AA must always be on it first, only then screen2Auto no longer works. It only shows a black screen for a short time and closes immediately.
Luckypatcher does require root for some functions as far as I can remember. I haven't used it in a few years.
Screen2auto will work for me with AA 6.96 on a pixel 6 running android 12 for about a day. then without updating anything it will stop working the next day. I need to reinstall AA and repatch to get it to work again. are you saying you can use titanium back up to solve this?
Clear cache and data of AA. You must to do this everytime before you reconnect.Screen2auto will work for me with AA 6.96 on a pixel 6 running android 12 for about a day. then without updating anything it will stop working the next day. I need to reinstall AA and repatch to get it to work again. are you saying you can use titanium back up to solve this?
what happens is it disappears from the android auto screen.You can try with Titanium Backup Pro to detach AA from market to see if it still gives you problems. I'm not even sure if that function in TB will work still in A12. I haven't used that method to detach since Oreo though. This will require root.
The confirmed working method using the alpha/canary version of Magisk for A12 along with Riru+Lsposed+HideMyAppList that has already been posted previously in the thread requires root as well. This is the method I'm using on A11. (With the exception of using Magisk 23 official release instead of the canary alpha version that is needed to make it work with Android 12).
Can you clarify what you mean by "stops working"? Is it complaining you need to update, or will it just not load?
Already covered that in my previous post (#2047). It will likely stop working soon. I've been switching back and forth between that version and 7.0.614174.
Ok, so I found AAEase v0.4 on inceptive.ru:Of course, my problem was how to disable the automatic updates of the Play store, and I found the AuroraStore proposal interesting, but I solved it by disabling the updates directly from the play store.
Here is my tested "working solution" of ScreenToAuto:
(I state that I have a Xiaomi MI10T lite with Root)
AAuto 7.4.620964 (but I think any version could be fine taking into account what is written below)
Aease 0.4 (although designed for unrooted phones, it did its job with my rooted)
P.S. about using AA Aio Tweacer .....
I have not patched s2A with AA Aio Tweacher (not used / not installed);-s2A installed via AAEase which evidently reads the "modified" package of s2a
-I still removed the automatic installation for Google Play updates, so I can determine if and which update to install ...
and… magically it works !!
Don't thank him, because it is not true. On my Samsung Note 9 I can use S2A and operate the apps via touch of the car media system without root.
I always send this command using a PC, otherwise the warning will pop up every time you use S2A
Lucky Patcher actually calls it "Cloning".