Screen2Auto - New app for AA smartphone mirroring (only for root devices).

Search This thread

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com
On my Samsung Note 9 I can use S2A without root. When I connect it to the USB port of the car, I need to confirm 2 times, that AA may connect to the phone. Is it possible to to automate that?

More troublesome is that mirroing is sometimes lost (screen stays black although touch on the darc screen reacts), when I switch between apps or the cars AA launcher and then replugging USB can be required. This can happen also on fist connection. Is a solution for that known?
You could try tasker. But you need good knowledge to do that. Without root you will never use mirroring well.. That is the simple truth. And biggest problem, you will loose mirroring very often and always be in a situation needing to resolve things.. I used it without root at past. I'll never try it again.

Jinkue

Dec 17, 2021
You could try tasker. But you need good knowledge to do that. Without root you will never use mirroring well.. That is the simple truth. And biggest problem, you will loose mirroring very often and always be in a situation needing to resolve things.. I used it without root at past. I'll never try it again.
I have an unrooted samsung Note 9 and wireless setup with a AA/carplay smartbox that piggbacks of my peugeot headunit. I downloaded S2A 3.6.2 with AA Ease and wireless mirroring works great for me. Can watch youtube, bbc iplayer and other media and works very well. It does time out on occasion especially on long journeys but I am satisfied with it and will not be upgrading S2A 3.6.2 to 3.6.3. Xlouk issues are probably phone to headunit compatibilty /interaction issues.​

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
one instruction that i have never figured out during the install of screen2auto. When setting up permissions it states "And also give permission to capture the screen. Can someone tell me where/how this is done?

gullzway

Nov 17, 2007
one instruction that i have never figured out during the install of screen2auto. When setting up permissions it states "And also give permission to capture the screen. Can someone tell me where/how this is done?
I always send this command using a PC, otherwise the warning will pop up every time you use S2A

"Disable cast warning"

Adb shell appops set ru."whatever S2A is renamed" PROJECT_MEDIA allow

From page 70
Post in thread 'Screen2Auto - New app for AA smartphone mirroring (only for root devices).' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-only-for-root-devices.4062787/post-84992013

Reactions: tensux

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I always send this command using a PC, otherwise the warning will pop up every time you use S2A

"Disable cast warning"

Adb shell appops set ru."whatever S2A is renamed" PROJECT_MEDIA allow

From page 70
Post in thread 'Screen2Auto - New app for AA smartphone mirroring (only for root devices).' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-only-for-root-devices.4062787/post-84992013
I've never seen that pop-up.
I give all (six-seven?) permissions it asks for on the first run (but I don't recall did it ask for that one)

(Maybe it depends on the ROM...)

Btw, I see that PROJECT_MEDIA was already allowed:
Code:
:/ $ su
:/ # appops get ru.ivniptcee.aserooutetncw
Uid mode: COARSE_LOCATION: ignore
READ_CLIPBOARD: foreground
WRITE_CLIPBOARD: foreground
LEGACY_STORAGE: ignore
POST_NOTIFICATION: allow
WRITE_SETTINGS: allow; time=+1d9h5m36s156ms ago
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: allow; time=+1d9h5m42s34ms ago; duration=+651ms
READ_CLIPBOARD: foreground
WRITE_CLIPBOARD: foreground
TAKE_AUDIO_FOCUS: allow; time=+2d8h25m58s287ms ago
WAKE_LOCK: allow; time=+1d9h5m50s30ms ago; duration=+1s973ms
PROJECT_MEDIA: allow; time=+1d9h6m0s905ms ago
RUN_IN_BACKGROUND: allow
RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND: allow; time=+2d7h57m20s631ms ago
BIND_ACCESSIBILITY_SERVICE: allow; time=+34m1s499ms ago
START_FOREGROUND: allow; time=+1d9h5m56s768ms ago; duration=+14s733ms
MIUIOP(10001): allow
MIUIOP(10008): ignore; rejectTime=+7h9m16s212ms ago
MIUIOP(10017): ask
MIUIOP(10019): ignore
MIUIOP(10020): allow
MIUIOP(10021): allow
MIUIOP(10023): allow
MIUIOP(10026): allow; time=+1d9h6m2s334ms ago
MIUIOP(10028): allow
MIUIOP(10029): allow
MIUIOP(10030): allow
MIUIOP(10031): allow
MIUIOP(10032): ignore

Last edited:

Erni1983

May 2, 2022
Hi
I have Screen2auto installed by AAAD on a non-deployed Sansung A02s and after launching it I must always confirm "start now" on my phone. When I leave an app in Screen2auto and want to start another app, I also have to press "start now". Is it possible to somehow set it to be automatically confirmed?
Regards

Last edited:

Lmw28ifsc

Apr 23, 2022
Hi...I rooted an older phone and it has android 6.0.1. I did all the steps with installing AA... then S2A before opening AA and getting forced to update even though I turned auto update off. At one point I saw it on AA. But after all getting black screen on Netflix and others I started uninstalling and installing But now I cannot see S2A in AA to activate it for viewing on car screen.
Phone is a ZTE Z981.
Root checker gives the congrats message that I'm rooted.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

Jinkue

Dec 17, 2021
Hi
I have Screen2auto installed by AAAD on a non-deployed Sansung A02s and after launching it I must always confirm "start now" on my phone. When I leave an app in Screen2auto and want to start another app, I also have to press "start now". Is it possible to somehow set it to be automatically confirmed?
Regards
Hi
I am using wireless AA/S2A 3.6.2 on non rooted samsung note 9. Under Setting Launcher I have the 'Permanent panel' option selected so that other apps are displayed in menu while a particular app is in use. On my car touchscreen this option allows me to select another app while other one the other one is playing. It allows me to open that app and the first app will stop playing but it is open in the background and I do not have to restart the app.

Last edited:

Lmw28ifsc

Apr 23, 2022
Sounds like S2A can work on a nonrooted phone so I've installed an older version of AA and then installed S2A from AAAD. I've turned off auto updates for AA but the only way I could continue was to update. I get into the app fine but Netflix and other streaming apps still show black screen with sound. Am I missing something? I've seen posts saying it works on nonrooted phones. I have a Samsung S20 Ultra on Android 11. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

gullzway

Nov 17, 2007
Sounds like S2A can work on a nonrooted phone so I've installed an older version of AA and then installed S2A from AAAD. I've turned off auto updates for AA but the only way I could continue was to update. I get into the app fine but Netflix and other streaming apps still show black screen with sound. Am I missing something? I've seen posts saying it works on nonrooted phones. I have a Samsung S20 Ultra on Android 11. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Using it on my unrooted Pixel 6 Pro. Latest Version of AA from the Playstore and used AAEASE to install Screen2Auto. Did Not have to reinstall Screen2Auto after last Playstore Android Auto Update.
Touchscreen does NOT work after I launch an app, solved this by using a Firestick remote.

That said, apps with DRM like Netflix/Hulu/HBO Max, etc... do not mirror due to Android blocking DRM video mirroring. Especially on Android 11/12. Netflix DOES work on my Rooted Moto Ace 5g with Android 10, but only Netflix version 7.99.0(build 14 35427). Hulu/HBO Max/ other DRM apps just black screen even on the MoTo.

I'd try CinemaHD, FilmPlus, or IPTV apps for TV and Movies. No DRM.

Lmw28ifsc

Apr 23, 2022
Using it on my unrooted Pixel 6 Pro. Latest Version of AA from the Playstore and used AAEASE to install Screen2Auto. Did Not have to reinstall Screen2Auto after last Playstore Android Auto Update.
Touchscreen does NOT work after I launch an app, solved this by using a Firestick remote.

That said, apps with DRM like Netflix/Hulu/HBO Max, etc... do not mirror due to Android blocking DRM video mirroring. Especially on Android 11/12. Netflix DOES work on my Rooted Moto Ace 5g with Android 10, but only Netflix version 7.99.0(build 14 35427). Hulu/HBO Max/ other DRM apps just black screen even on the MoTo.

I'd try CinemaHD, FilmPlus, or IPTV apps for TV and Movies. No DRM.
Thanks for the suggestion. Mainly I wanted to just make Netflix and others work but I'll try those others.

giginogigetto

Dec 10, 2020
my experience with Samsung galaxy s22 ultra NO ROOTED.
Installed screen2auto (ver. 3.6.4) and fermata auto last version via aaease;
Android auto version 7.5.621
In screen2auto i have unticked "AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN of SELinux)
Have ticked profile 2 (poco) in alternative touch,,,and.....VOILA'------all is perfect. Touch Screen in my auto is like a charm, my auto is FIAT TIPO with uconnect service.

Lmw28ifsc

Apr 23, 2022
my experience with Samsung galaxy s22 ultra NO ROOTED.
Installed screen2auto (ver. 3.6.4) and fermata auto last version via aaease;
Android auto version 7.5.621
In screen2auto i have unticked "AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN of SELinux)
Have ticked profile 2 (poco) in alternative touch,,,and.....VOILA'------all is perfect. Touch Screen in my auto is like a charm, my auto is FIAT TIPO with uconnect service.
Are you able to mirror streaming apps like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Are you able to mirror streaming apps like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc?
Please check what has been discussed (maybe here or in other similar threads)

You cannot mirror Netflix because of DRM.
But people say that mirroring works with an older (and particularly that one) version of Netflix

fedele7n [ITA]

Apr 1, 2022
Hi guys, are there any new solutions to install screen2auto and be able to view it on AA?
(Rooted phone)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,ni can't use S2A with my (updated) Galaxy S20. S2A starts, I can launch apps but then they become unresponsive to touch operations. Only the floating button works. I tried all the 3 alternative touch config. My phone is not rooted, I installed using AAAD and gave all permissions.

Can anybody help?
    If you are not rooted, don't ask for solutions, or post problems. It has been posted 1000 times that the app needs root. If it works "good enough" for you without root, congratulations but it won't work for all, and not 100% full working.
    The best conditions to implement screen2auto is ORIGINAL (full gapps) rom. Not custom rom. You can heavily debloat the original rom after you have a working screen2auto. Customs roms have problems.
    Samsung phones are probably among the most compatible. Xiaomi not so much. Best android version 7,8,9,10. Probably the older Android version, the better. If you have a phone with fast cpu mirroring may be very fast, almost like it works internally. But it also has to do with car system also. If this is slow, you can't do anything.
    I use samsung galaxy note 8 (broken screen, i can't use it elsewhere) and opel corsa. It works very fast. I forget it is mirroring. I use android 10, original rom HEAVELLY debloated. 80% of android frozen.
    Some video in my system to know what to expect about speed , and some ideas (i also post some older versions of AA i had at past) :

Use a Firestick Remote. That's what I do on my Pixel 6 Pro(non rooted.)
    did you untick Automatic shutdown of SELinux?, i have unticked it and all works fine with option 2 in alternativa touch. Mine is a Galaxy s22 ultra unrooted.
    Hy,
    Thé same for me....grrrrr!!!
    That's why Android Auto must be detached from Google Play to prevent the AA updates. There were numerous posts about, and how to do it. However, it requires root
    Start with downgrading Play Services.
    Smartphone screen on Anddroid Auto HU car screen
    For root devices only!

a65be9f97d8097a3eeccdacfbe7ac48d.png

b8add53a049c33be76f7e3778db2551c.png

c1b9abbde2a1f4e7a6920f3b7bd1ffe2.png

Application features:
    - The main reason for creating this application is working with Android 9 Pie
    1. Сompletely new application combining AAMirror & AAStream features.
    2. Additional functions: clock, dimming, selection of resolutions, etc.
    3. Ability to choose the automatic launch of any application at A2M startup.
    4. Floating button to control the application from the HU screen.
    5. Ability to reset if incorrect output and resolution distortion.
    6. Many other chips...
    1d1ca5ad04e260cb8dfa7360d36cee00.png

Installation and setup:
    1. Download and Install Screen2Auto
    6760829d5c83bfb472ea0a96d8b0efde.png
    2. Enable developper settings in Android Auto and enable Unkown sources in developper settings.
    1. Launch on the Android Auto mobile device
    2. Open the menu, tap the tab "About Android Auto"
    3. In the menu that opens, tap on the gear (settings). Then we crawl to the very bottom of the menu that opens: "Version 4.5. *** - release".
    4. 10 times tap on the display of the version of Android Auto, a window will appear where we must agree with what we are doing. Click "Yes."
    5. Go to the menu (tap "three points") and select the tab "For Developers" that appears in the menu
    6. In the last line, put a checkmark "Unknown sources" or use other settings of the developer's menu.
    3. Use the AA AIO TWEAKER from @shmykelsa for activation third-party applications.
    4. Launch the application and perform the initial setup of permission recovery. Click on the button and save them.
    1ae13868aa9142dd0ea19722b818d9a7.jpg
    5. Make the necessary settings as desired.
    Warning:
    If, after turning off the smartphone or exiting AA (turned off the car, closed the emulator, removed the USB), the resolution of the smartphone did not return to its original state (the recovery settings, failure, smartphone features, etc. were set incorrectly, etc.), you need go to Settings → Reset settings and select the WM SIZE RESET option. Resolution will be restored to factory.
    3e5e464d111050be0db4f57505492313.png
    0222f487a017f62a6242d37d27e82b3a.png

Don't forget to use the button (if you want course):
    cb294618ab788427637345c9f1030b77.png

Warning! New version of the application released!
    Thanks to everyone who offered delicious coffee!
    All of this thanks to all caring people.

Attention!
    You can download and install S2A on devices without root using the new application
    Android Auto Apps Downloader (AAAD)
    However, I still recommend using C2A on rooted devices.

What's new

v3.5.2beta
    • Bug fixes

v3.5beta
    • Adapted for Non Root devices
    • Notification when pause (for automation).
    • Bug fixes
    • Languages update

v3.4.6
    • Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes

v3.4.5
    • Added the ability to change the icon of the floating button
    • Added autostart mapcam.info
    • Added starting Tasker task after completion
    • Minor fixes

v3.4
    • Fixed jambs
    • Added Support for Screen2Echo*
    • *Screen2Echo - application idesigned to link two phones. An application for those who do not want to get root on their main phone, and the second one is always in the car . Screen2Auto and S2Echo communicate via WiFi Hotspot.
    • Added Function to enable Hotspot at phone startup

v3.3
    • Bug fixes
    • Switch "Do not restore" in the settings
    • Fixes for some jambs version 3.2

v3.1
    • Bug fixes
    • Fix launch on Android 5&6
    • Fix Netflix (be sure to enable accessibility)
    • Adjustment of language packs
    • Added new translations

v3.0
    • Application optimization
    • Made initial setting (Wizard settings)
    • Updated language files. (Thanks for the translations)
    • Added driving safety warning

32a6ff91f00801a90056ed0b6dc27241.png

837e9dacbe128637ed1dcd820e3b0a00.png
    Preview

29f8f3095dcb6e0f7c50945273cd8846.jpg

74a842327d62fc08ff4094db75c5cf05.jpg

d3ca794b3557868d6b0c5d0f1cb47726.jpg

f12617d47c0d7ba10b38071596beea04.jpg

2e7d1fd6cfc6285f47cb63c875f37344.jpg

b3b5fbe231fd9037188cc9995ea7cea3.jpg

e6cb6d066052a58c27c5fa40755c4a7b.jpg

472ed615393e079d2cf3b0180ceb8bc5.jpg

5798b314178fd956947295e55eac32c1.jpg

Well, as usual, I will be glad your coffee
    8ba7613826381811e8ab595c18c11459.jpg
    Download: ↓↓↓
    A new version 3.4.6 has been released

• Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes
    Screen2Auto upgrade to v2.8!
    • Work optimization
    • (Delete) Removed the speedometer.
    • (Add) Added switch to enable / disable the function of forced application termination
    • (Add) Added to the launcher the HOME and WORK buttons from the Yandex navigator.
    • (Add) Added Polish language (thanks wal24)
    • (Add) Launching scree2auto task from Tasker
    • (Fix) Fixed launch from the application menu
    The only way (similar method from the Fermata player thread) I found to overcome the problem for now is:
    - Use Android Auto version 7.0.614104 (tried v7.1.614554, it does not work in any way).
    - Rename the Screen2Auto app v3.6.2 (change the ru.inceptive.screentwoauto name) with Lucky Patcher or any other rename apk app.
    - Uninstall the original Screen2Auto and install the renamed one.
    - Enable Unknown Sources on AA and patch/add the newly renamed app to AA with AA IO Tweaker as you normally would.

I tried turning off/on the car, disconnected and rebooted the phone, Screen2Auto hasn't disappeared yet.
    hello how do you rename the apk with lucky patcher ... i'm interested thank you
    Lucky Patcher actually calls it "Cloning".
    There are also other apps like ApkRenamer and Apk Editor Pro, but haven't tried them.
    An example of cloned app, that has been renamed to ru.inceptive.screentwoautp using Lucky PAtcher clone operation ("p" instead of "o" at the end) (** I'm not responsible if Lucky Patcher has injected anything malicious in the apk, I hope not, I'm also using the apk **):