Screen2Auto - New app for AA smartphone mirroring (only for root devices).

pansanibr

Mar 1, 2017
I installed Screen2Auto on my Moto G4 Play phone. It's working fine, but when I run YouTube, I can't move to the next video by controlling my car's steering wheel (Hyundai HB20 2021). If I watch YouTube on the phone connected to the car, I can change the video by controlling the steering wheel of the car normally.

I would like to know if using YouTube via Screen2Auto would I somehow be able to change the video by controlling the steering wheel of the car?

I don't know if you need to enable or modify any configuration in Screen2Auto or if it is not yet supported. I'm using Screen2Auto 3.4.3-beta.

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
Hi guys
and thanks for all you do.
I have a question for you about the Screen2Echo_v0.1.apk app, where should it be installed? on the phone with root connected to Android Auto or on the smartphone without root?
Also can anyone tell me if you can change the language? Because so I can't understand anything.
Thanks in advance to who will answer me
Screen2Echo goes on your phone without root (Primary Phone).
I also have the same problem with not understanding the language so I don't know which options to select.
Also, it is mentioned that you need to freeze your bluetooth apps but I don't know how to do that.

Mad Medik

Jan 28, 2006
The Hammer!
Can someone tell me how to freeze bluetooth apps?
When I do a search all I come up with is people complaining about bluetooth freezing during operation.
Thanks
Hi,

You will need to use a file manager type app that has the capability. I have been using Titanium Backup forever but I'm sure there are others.

There is probably a way to do it with terminal commands or ADB but that's beyond my knowledge.

Reactions: RKCRLR

Mad Medik

Jan 28, 2006
The Hammer!
Hi guys
and thanks for all you do.
I have a question for you about the Screen2Echo_v0.1.apk app, where should it be installed? on the phone with root connected to Android Auto or on the smartphone without root?
Also can anyone tell me if you can change the language? Because so I can't understand anything.
Thanks in advance to who will answer me
Screen2auto goes on a phone with root and plugs into the car. You need to freeze the Bluetooth apps on that phone. Clear the network connections on it.

Now take your normal use phone. This doesn't need root. Install Screen2Echo on that phone. Make sure that phone has been bluetooth paired with your car. Now set up a hotspot with that phone.

Now go back to the car phone and connect to the hotspot. Set it to automatically connect with that network.

In screen2echo, turn all the sliders on. I don't remember what they all are but I did a screen capture and used Google lens to translate. Then I think you tap the button at the top of the S2E screen and it will change and you will see a notification activate.

If you leave it all like that, it *should* work automatically. Of course, for battery longevity, you might want to turn stuff off when not using them or look at Tasker triggers or something. I haven't got that far yet.

Mad Medik

Jan 28, 2006
The Hammer!
I installed Screen2Auto on my Moto G4 Play phone. It's working fine, but when I run YouTube, I can't move to the next video by controlling my car's steering wheel (Hyundai HB20 2021). If I watch YouTube on the phone connected to the car, I can change the video by controlling the steering wheel of the car normally.

I would like to know if using YouTube via Screen2Auto would I somehow be able to change the video by controlling the steering wheel of the car?

I don't know if you need to enable or modify any configuration in Screen2Auto or if it is not yet supported. I'm using Screen2Auto 3.4.3-beta.
I think @Uksus17 has commented before that steering wheel controls are not something he is working on. My guess is that there are too many different cars and protocols for him to start trying to do that but I'm not sure.

Mad Medik

Jan 28, 2006
The Hammer!
Screen2Echo goes on your phone without root (Primary Phone).
I also have the same problem with not understanding the language so I don't know which options to select.
Also, it is mentioned that you need to freeze your bluetooth apps but I don't know how to do that.
A couple people have asked about the language. Here is a quick translate with Google:

Screenshot_20210122-003636_Google.jpg

Reactions: ahhl and RKCRLR

wyt18

Jun 4, 2007
does S2Echo give you some version of AA wireless connectivity, or is it limited to the applications that you run inside S2A?

Hnera

Oct 31, 2014
because after installing everything works I launch screen2auto and see in its appdraw I launch an app and hear the audio but the black screen remains?

adekpp

Mar 3, 2017
Hello :)

Works fine for me :) just got one issue.
How I can navigate on non touch screen?
In my audi i got round button to navigate on my system.
I can use it in screen2Auto but there is no mark what i actually choosing, so it's like a lottery.
Sometimes i start yt and sometimes gmail :D

flybyme

Apr 9, 2013
Hello to all,

can you please help me?
I need to reach the path " /data/user/0/en.inceptive.screentwoauto/files/background " ....
How do I find it???

My phone is rooted.....

Thanks

Reactions: abhifx

morenoro

Apr 17, 2010
The Great Spain
I must be missing something....I can't make Echo works. I follow all instructions, but nothing 😪
The only thing I can't understand is this: In car phone I go to Screen2auto - Echo and I see this.
Both devices are paired via hotspot and in car phone Bluetooth is frozen.
Any idea, please?
20210123_113449.jpg

flybyme

Apr 9, 2013
Sorry to bother again,

I would like to add some personal backgrounds to screen2Auto....
I need to add pictures in the folder " /data/user/0/en.inceptive.screentwoauto/files/background " ,

Can someone explain me how to reach that folder please?

flybyme

Apr 9, 2013
Sorry to bother again,

I would like to add some personal backgrounds to screen2Auto....
I need to add pictures in the folder " /data/user/0/en.inceptive.screentwoauto/files/background " ,

Can someone explain me how to reach that folder please?
Can it be reached via pc or just via the phone?

sneakdiver

Oct 20, 2020
Samsung 5 DUO Android 6.0.1

I installed all Screen2Auto apps to try on a rooted S5 Duos.
Apps lower 3.0 didn´t start. The recent version starts but on the screen where you need to check all the requirements I can check all (including root) but if I want to click the Battery Optimation button the app closes and crashes.
I allready turned the battery optimation off in the settings, but I assume there is wrong pointer on a wrong setting for Android 6.0.1. Maybe the developer could change this.
The developer can also make it possible to bypass this screen without doing all the requirements in this screen.

Anyone had the same issue?
Some has an idea?
Can use the app. Maybe the developer can deactivate the mandatory field for "deactivate battery optimation" ??