Screen2Auto - New app for AA smartphone mirroring (only for root devices).

Search This thread

gullzway

Nov 17, 2007
Well I'm officially confused entirely on this, I need help setting this up honestly, I have a moto g stylus (2020) with android 10 stock rom, magisk 22.0, android auto version is 6.1.610544, and a pioneer AVH-3500NEX

I just found this thread today. After some tweaking and reinstalling, I am able to get video to my car's screen. I have a Moto Z3 Play, Magisk 22.0, and a Pioneer AVH-2500. I did this:
1: install AA Phenotype Patcher 0.85
2: install AndroidAuto v .9.604644(edit, it's 5.9.604644)
3: install Screen2Auto_v3.4.5 (Updated to v3.4.6)

Enable developer mode in AA, check unknown sources, and patch Screen2Auto with the patcher.

Edit: Touchscreen IS working after Selecting "automatic shutdown of SELinux" under other settings. I have only tested with a few apps but Sound works on but IPTV extreme app.( Have Video but no sound.)

Pretty cool so far, but Not Quite the experience as using My jailbroke iphoneSE with Carplayeneble, where everything works flawless and can be controlled from the Car radio. Will be following this thread regularly. Thanks!

Last edited:

gullzway

Nov 17, 2007

If you can hide that bar you need the substratum lite apk download it from play store ...
then register in telegram and download the AA themes app from the telegram group, install and once installed you go back to substratum lite, you give it root permissions, and you open the AA themes apk that will appear inside ... I'll make a video for you Ke see the steps I do not speak English so watch the video and where it says scrollbar hide that is the one that interests you: P I'll make you a video and upload it,
where it says selected extra you select hide scrollbar if you want to see a guide in the same telegram group of AA THEMES you only need the extra AA if you want for example to change the wallpaper you also download the wallpaper apk that is in the same telegram group and quiet it does not charge it is free .. just to enter in telegram you need your phone number and ready you look for the group that I told you to themes by shmykelsa And HAy you have it all I have hidden that menu .. to occupy more the full screen and changed the colors ect ect many tricks ... once you have everything, patch android car with IOTWEAKER you will need it to be able to apply the changes you want: P

I should have researched this more!

I did the steps listed/shown in the video. Changed "hidescrollbar" and NavBar to 0.9x. Now it has affected my ENTIRE phone, not just Android Auto. The screen doesn't fill out the entire phone now and the buttons at the button no longer work, including the home button. Restart doesn't change it back.

I also cannot make changes in substratum lite anymore to try and reverse the theme applied. It will not let me select the checkbox or 3 dot menu. I can't even exit the Substratum lite app without restarting the phone because the back/Home buttons don't work at the bottom.

Any help on how to fix this is s appreciated!

ruszok

Jan 5, 2010
Anyone know how use netflix?
Works fine for me.

Promised photos.

And short video as proof that touch works at A11 with magisk 22.

Attachments

• received_237730734743406.jpeg
    received_237730734743406.jpeg
    904.4 KB · Views: 110
  • received_243533923864848.jpeg
    received_243533923864848.jpeg
    914.6 KB · Views: 115
  • received_452292029350879.jpeg
    received_452292029350879.jpeg
    555.7 KB · Views: 109
  • received_977897909688740.jpeg
    received_977897909688740.jpeg
    755.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20210301-224944__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210301-224944__01.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20210301-225521.jpg
    Screenshot_20210301-225521.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20210301-225557.jpg
    Screenshot_20210301-225557.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Fiorana!

May 23, 2019
SO I've finally managed to install the following on my 8 year old Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (HLTE, SM-N9005) in the following sequence:

TWRP 3.5.0_9-0
Lineage OS 17.1 (Android 10)
Open Gapps arm 10.0 Pico 20201201 (anything more recent breaks the Android Auto)
Magisk 22.0 (zip, flashed through TWRP)
Magisk Manager 22.0 (apk)
Rootchecker (to ensure device is properly rooted)
Android Auto 6.1.610543-release (Developer Mode, Unknown Sources enabled)
Screen2Auto 3.4.6 (Automatic Shutdown of SELinux => To restore Touch in Apps from Car Head Unit)
AA-AIO-TWEAKER-3.1 (patched Screen2Auto)
Extras4AA 4.9.2 + Substratum Lite 0.5.20 (Rooted; To tweak some AA GUI elements)

And I have to say I'm pretty damn impressed with this app; I've set it up nicely and most things work brilliantly.

I do however still have certain small issues that remain to be tweaked if possible; Maybe some of you have had similar experiences in the past and know how to clear up some of my issues:

• Netflix; VLC; Youtube Vanced; Youtube Music; Work wonderfully and I do have video on the head unit no problem.
    • now and again I do happen to have what would appear to be some dropped frames or stutter. After a hiccup for 1 second and then 10 seconds okay again. The Video playback can appear a bit choppy from time to time on the Car Head Unit; Where on the phone screen itself it does not do that. Is this a framerate mismatch ? or do I need to enable some settings somewhere in android ?
    • Sometimes the audio can be just ever so slightly out of sync ? any fix for this ?
  • Disney+ is the only app that does not allow me to show video content on the Head Up Unit in the car. The Disney+ app interface lets me browse fine through the catalogue but as soon as I hit play on a movie; I only hear sound and it's a black screen; Where on the phone I do see the content. Is this due to DRM protection ? Is there a way around this ?
  • Netflix is the only app which I did not manage to go for landscape orientation. All other apps go for landscape, even Disney+. Netflix does eventually display in landscape orientation however only when video playback starts. But browsing for content it's stubborn enough to stick to portrait. This has nothing to do with Screen2Auto but maybe some of you know how to fix this nuissance ? I've tried the "Rotation Control App" and I managed to turn around any app I desire; Except for Netflix. Even when purely on the phone display there is no way to get it to rotate orientation.
  • I love the new Permanent Panel to show you the quick launch bar. My Icons however are cut off at 2/3rds; I cannot see the full circle; I somewhat like it because it gives it this artsy beautiful feel to it; But not sure this is working as intended ?
  • I'm struggling to completely disable bluetooth connection between my phone and the car.
    • Bluetooth is disabled in android.
    • Bluetooth Scanning is disabled under the Location Tab in Android;
    • I've used SuperFreezZ to freeze the 2 Android Bluetooth Services (Bluetooth & Bluetooth MIDI Service)
    • I've used AA AIO Tweaker to "Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect"
    • In Android Auto App itself:
      • I've disabled Autolaunch
      • And disabled "Use Bluetooth (Turn Bluetooth on when Android Auto is running)
    • I've even removed the bluetooth connection from the Car Interface so they no longer know each other.
And after doing all that I still can't keep a bluetooth connection active on my Main Phone.
My Main Phone has a connection for Calls; Media through bluetooth with the car just fine. As soon as I connect the Dummy Phone (Screen2Auto Rooted phone) the bluetooth is disconnected with the Main Phone. But I cannot see a bluetooth connection active with the Dummy phone since every Bluetooth Setting in the book is disabled; Or am I missing something ? I must be of course. I just don't know what

Can anyone assist on this ? Any help or input will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
SO I've finally managed to install the following on my 8 year old Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (HLTE, SM-N9005) in the following sequence:

TWRP 3.5.0_9-0
Lineage OS 17.1 (Android 10)
Open Gapps arm 10.0 Pico 20201201 (anything more recent breaks the Android Auto)
Magisk 22.0 (zip, flashed through TWRP)
Magisk Manager 22.0 (apk)
Rootchecker (to ensure device is properly rooted)
Android Auto 6.1.610543-release (Developer Mode, Unknown Sources enabled)
Screen2Auto 3.4.6 (Automatic Shutdown of SELinux => To restore Touch in Apps from Car Head Unit)
AA-AIO-TWEAKER-3.1 (patched Screen2Auto)
Extras4AA 4.9.2 + Substratum Lite 0.5.20 (Rooted; To tweak some AA GUI elements)

And I have to say I'm pretty damn impressed with this app; I've set it up nicely and most things work brilliantly.

I do however still have certain small issues that remain to be tweaked if possible; Maybe some of you have had similar experiences in the past and know how to clear up some of my issues:

• Netflix; VLC; Youtube Vanced; Youtube Music; Work wonderfully and I do have video on the head unit no problem.
    • now and again I do happen to have what would appear to be some dropped frames or stutter. After a hiccup for 1 second and then 10 seconds okay again. The Video playback can appear a bit choppy from time to time on the Car Head Unit; Where on the phone screen itself it does not do that. Is this a framerate mismatch ? or do I need to enable some settings somewhere in android ?
    • Sometimes the audio can be just ever so slightly out of sync ? any fix for this ?
  • Disney+ is the only app that does not allow me to show video content on the Head Up Unit in the car. The Disney+ app interface lets me browse fine through the catalogue but as soon as I hit play on a movie; I only hear sound and it's a black screen; Where on the phone I do see the content. Is this due to DRM protection ? Is there a way around this ?
  • Netflix is the only app which I did not manage to go for landscape orientation. All other apps go for landscape, even Disney+. Netflix does eventually display in landscape orientation however only when video playback starts. But browsing for content it's stubborn enough to stick to portrait. This has nothing to do with Screen2Auto but maybe some of you know how to fix this nuissance ? I've tried the "Rotation Control App" and I managed to turn around any app I desire; Except for Netflix. Even when purely on the phone display there is no way to get it to rotate orientation.
  • I love the new Permanent Panel to show you the quick launch bar. My Icons however are cut off at 2/3rds; I cannot see the full circle; I somewhat like it because it gives it this artsy beautiful feel to it; But not sure this is working as intended ?
  • I'm struggling to completely disable bluetooth connection between my phone and the car.
    • Bluetooth is disabled in android.
    • Bluetooth Scanning is disabled under the Location Tab in Android;
    • I've used SuperFreezZ to freeze the 2 Android Bluetooth Services (Bluetooth & Bluetooth MIDI Service)
    • I've used AA AIO Tweaker to "Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect"
    • In Android Auto App itself:
      • I've disabled Autolaunch
      • And disabled "Use Bluetooth (Turn Bluetooth on when Android Auto is running)
    • I've even removed the bluetooth connection from the Car Interface so they no longer know each other.
And after doing all that I still can't keep a bluetooth connection active on my Main Phone.
My Main Phone has a connection for Calls; Media through bluetooth with the car just fine. As soon as I connect the Dummy Phone (Screen2Auto Rooted phone) the bluetooth is disconnected with the Main Phone. But I cannot see a bluetooth connection active with the Dummy phone since every Bluetooth Setting in the book is disabled; Or am I missing something ? I must be of course. I just don't know what

Can anyone assist on this ? Any help or input will be greatly appreciated.
-Some apps do have problems to go to landscape (but most do), if not you can't do anything for this.
Try some more app to "force landscape", don't all do the same result. I haven't try those you have problems.
-Mirroring needs some cpu power. I had a nexus 5x. It was working mostly fine but a bit slow. I debloated most things and it went much better.
I now broken screen of galaxy note 8 and using in car for mirroring. Its like car head unit runs android. You can't see that is mirroring. So cpu is important. I debloated this also. In 3 seconds it runs mirroring. Your phone is old, you can't be expecting miracles.
-The apps you say using drm, probably this is the reason. I don't think there is a solution.
- In nexus and note i only use aio tweaker "disable Bluetooth" and does the job.
- Try a debloated rom WITH gaps based in original rom. Aosp, lineage, etc have problems.

fullv2

Apr 9, 2011
finally worked w/ downgrade to magisk 20.4 on samsung s7.
great app! great features!

I know that this is came from AA but is there any way to disable gmaps autostart?
I have tried the
Code:
<boolean name="com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.android.apps.gmm.car.GmmCarProjectionService" value="false" />
on LAUNCHER_APP_ENABLED_DISABLED.xml but does not work.

I search all these 57 pages of this thread but I canno find any user to 'play' w/ wallpapers?
Is there any way to add our own?

I import mine 930X480 png file under /data/data..../files/background , I changed permissions to 10183/u0_a183 but images are not availalble on screen2auto background menu.
any ideas?
thanks again

alitaleb

Oct 28, 2010
finally worked w/ downgrade to magisk 20.4 on samsung s7.
great app! great features!

I know that this is came from AA but is there any way to disable gmaps autostart?
I have tried the
Code:
<boolean name="com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.android.apps.gmm.car.GmmCarProjectionService" value="false" />
on LAUNCHER_APP_ENABLED_DISABLED.xml but does not work.

I search all these 57 pages of this thread but I canno find any user to 'play' w/ wallpapers?
Is there any way to add our own?

I import mine 930X480 png file under /data/data..../files/background , I changed permissions to 10183/u0_a183 but images are not availalble on screen2auto background menu.
any ideas?
thanks again
AIO Tweaker..try iy

francanopool

Nov 1, 2020
[QUOTE = "gullzway, publicación: 84582617, miembro: 696775"]
¡Debería haber investigado más sobre esto!

Hice los pasos enumerados / mostrados en el video. Se cambió "hidescrollbar" y NavBar a 0.9x. Ahora ha afectado a TODO mi teléfono, no solo a Android Auto. La pantalla no llena todo el teléfono ahora y los botones del botón ya no funcionan, incluido el botón de inicio. Reiniciar no lo vuelve a cambiar.

Tampoco puedo hacer más cambios en el substratum lite para intentar revertir el tema aplicado. No me deja seleccionar la casilla de verificación o el menú de 3 puntos. Ni siquiera puedo salir de la aplicación Substratum lite sin reiniciar el teléfono porque los botones Atrás / Inicio no funcionan en la parte inferior.

¡Se agradece cualquier ayuda sobre cómo solucionar este problema!
screem2auto dale a una opción llamada WM SIZE RESET y automáticamente se recoloca todo....a mi me paso lo mismo y se reconoce la pantalla.. sin problemas

Maiitje

Feb 25, 2021
-Some apps do have problems to go to landscape (but most do), if not you can't do anything for this.
Try some more app to "force landscape", don't all do the same result. I haven't try those you have problems.
-Mirroring needs some cpu power. I had a nexus 5x. It was working mostly fine but a bit slow. I debloated most things and it went much better.
I now broken screen of galaxy note 8 and using in car for mirroring. Its like car head unit runs android. You can't see that is mirroring. So cpu is important. I debloated this also. In 3 seconds it runs mirroring. Your phone is old, you can't be expecting miracles.
-The apps you say using drm, probably this is the reason. I don't think there is a solution.
- In nexus and note i only use aio tweaker "disable Bluetooth" and does the job.
- Try a debloated rom WITH gaps based in original rom. Aosp, lineage, etc have problems.
I expierienced serious problems with my rooted note 10 ,when i connected to the head unit and start screen2auto it not really worked well I tuched some buttons and disconnect the phone I see my phone screen gets smaller with two horizontal black bars on top and bottum with resulted in rerooting the phone this happened 2 times already is the somebody who has an explanation for this and can help me to install and correct working app,thanks

fullv2

Apr 9, 2011
[QUOTE = "gullzway, publicación: 84582617, miembro: 696775"]
¡Debería haber investigado más sobre esto!

Hice los pasos enumerados / mostrados en el video. Se cambió "hidescrollbar" y NavBar a 0.9x. Ahora ha afectado a TODO mi teléfono, no solo a Android Auto. La pantalla no llena todo el teléfono ahora y los botones del botón ya no funcionan, incluido el botón de inicio. Reiniciar no lo vuelve a cambiar.

Tampoco puedo hacer más cambios en el substratum lite para intentar revertir el tema aplicado. No me deja seleccionar la casilla de verificación o el menú de 3 puntos. Ni siquiera puedo salir de la aplicación Substratum lite sin reiniciar el teléfono porque los botones Atrás / Inicio no funcionan en la parte inferior.

¡Se agradece cualquier ayuda sobre cómo solucionar este problema!
screem2auto dale a una opción llamada WM SIZE RESET y automáticamente se recoloca todo....a mi me paso lo mismo y se reconoce la pantalla.. sin problemas

after google translate , I faced same issue one time , reconnect your phone again on your car and close/exit AA from there, after cable disconnection phone works smoothly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bullshit to my mind. Why should a dev reply here? Join his Telegram group, use translator for Russian, ask there and stop complaining about a free app that works for the most of us just perfect.

Have you already donated some bucks for the dev?

200% agree.

Pixel 2 user here. Official support from Google stopped in 12/2020 with Android 11.

" Downgraded " to official LOS 17.1 ( Magisk 21.+ issue with Android 11 in combination with s2a ) , atm Magisk 20.4 - success.

Not everyone wants s2a for watching videos in car and so on, there are some people who need other, more useful apps, like me. TomTom NDS version with truck support ( dimensions, weights ) and real time notifications about traffic. S2a works perfectly. Point.
    I've been using S2A for a while on and off, I only use it for one app for offroad navigation really. I tried using it today and it doesn't even show up in android auto anymore.

I'm using got the following:
    Magisk v20.4
    AA v6.1.610544
    S2A v3.4.6

Installed on:
    Asus Zenfone 4 (Z01KD)
    Android 8.0.0

I have tried downloading phenotype patcher 0.85 alone and whitelisting that way. When I look in the setting for android auto S2A is listed. I've attached a screenshot of the permissions and versions

Any clues as to why it is no longer showing up? While I was testing initially I also installed AA mirror, that also doesn't show up, so it seems like the whitelist isn't being properly applied?

Oh also, AA is in developer mode with unknown sources allowed
    Any resolution to the fact, that for many of us car touchscreen does not respond to screen touches when in an app?
    Mirroring works fine, but unless we can control the phone from the car screen it is useless.

Thank you
    my touch is working fine with A11 using senulix switch but i am unable to get s2echo working thats an amazing idea and i desperately needs it
    Same problem I have no touch on youtube for exemple
    Smartphone screen on Anddroid Auto HU car screen
    For root devices only!

a65be9f97d8097a3eeccdacfbe7ac48d.png

b8add53a049c33be76f7e3778db2551c.png

c1b9abbde2a1f4e7a6920f3b7bd1ffe2.png

Application features:
    - The main reason for creating this application is working with Android 9 Pie
    1. Сompletely new application combining AAMirror & AAStream features.
    2. Additional functions: clock, dimming, selection of resolutions, etc.
    3. Ability to choose the automatic launch of any application at A2M startup.
    4. Floating button to control the application from the HU screen.
    5. Ability to reset if incorrect output and resolution distortion.
    6. Many other chips...
    1d1ca5ad04e260cb8dfa7360d36cee00.png

Installation and setup:
    1. Install Screen2Auto
    2. Enable developper settings in Android Auto and enable Unkown sources in developper settings.
    1. Launch on the Android Auto mobile device
    2. Open the menu, tap the tab "About Android Auto"
    3. In the menu that opens, tap on the gear (settings). Then we crawl to the very bottom of the menu that opens: "Version 4.5. *** - release".
    4. 10 times tap on the display of the version of Android Auto, a window will appear where we must agree with what we are doing. Click "Yes."
    5. Go to the menu (tap "three points") and select the tab "For Developers" that appears in the menu
    6. In the last line, put a checkmark "Unknown sources" or use other settings of the developer's menu.
    3. Use the AA AIO TWEAKER from @shmykelsa for activation third-party applications.
    4. Launch the application and perform the initial setup of permission recovery. Click on the button and save them.
    1ae13868aa9142dd0ea19722b818d9a7.jpg
    5. Make the necessary settings as desired.
    Warning:
    If, after turning off the smartphone or exiting AA (turned off the car, closed the emulator, removed the USB), the resolution of the smartphone did not return to its original state (the recovery settings, failure, smartphone features, etc. were set incorrectly, etc.), you need go to Settings → Reset settings and select the WM SIZE RESET option. Resolution will be restored to factory.
    3e5e464d111050be0db4f57505492313.png
    0222f487a017f62a6242d37d27e82b3a.png

Don't forget to use the button (if you want course):
    cb294618ab788427637345c9f1030b77.png

Warning! New version of the application released!
    Thanks to everyone who offered delicious coffee!
    All of this thanks to all caring people.

What's new

v3.4.6
    • Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes

v3.4.5
    • Added the ability to change the icon of the floating button
    • Added autostart mapcam.info
    • Added starting Tasker task after completion
    • Minor fixes

v3.4
    • Fixed jambs
    • Added Support for Screen2Echo*
    • *Screen2Echo - application idesigned to link two phones. An application for those who do not want to get root on their main phone, and the second one is always in the car . Screen2Auto and S2Echo communicate via WiFi Hotspot.
    • Added Function to enable Hotspot at phone startup

v3.3
    • Bug fixes
    • Switch "Do not restore" in the settings
    • Fixes for some jambs version 3.2

v3.1
    • Bug fixes
    • Fix launch on Android 5&6
    • Fix Netflix (be sure to enable accessibility)
    • Adjustment of language packs
    • Added new translations

v3.0
    • Application optimization
    • Made initial setting (Wizard settings)
    • Updated language files. (Thanks for the translations)
    • Added driving safety warning

32a6ff91f00801a90056ed0b6dc27241.png

837e9dacbe128637ed1dcd820e3b0a00.png
    Preview

29f8f3095dcb6e0f7c50945273cd8846.jpg

74a842327d62fc08ff4094db75c5cf05.jpg

d3ca794b3557868d6b0c5d0f1cb47726.jpg

f12617d47c0d7ba10b38071596beea04.jpg

2e7d1fd6cfc6285f47cb63c875f37344.jpg

b3b5fbe231fd9037188cc9995ea7cea3.jpg

e6cb6d066052a58c27c5fa40755c4a7b.jpg

472ed615393e079d2cf3b0180ceb8bc5.jpg

5798b314178fd956947295e55eac32c1.jpg

Well, as usual, I will be glad your coffee
    8ba7613826381811e8ab595c18c11459.jpg
    Download: ↓↓↓
    A new version 3.4.6 has been released

• Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes
    Screen2Auto upgrade to v2.8!
    • Work optimization
    • (Delete) Removed the speedometer.
    • (Add) Added switch to enable / disable the function of forced application termination
    • (Add) Added to the launcher the HOME and WORK buttons from the Yandex navigator.
    • (Add) Added Polish language (thanks wal24)
    • (Add) Launching scree2auto task from Tasker
    • (Fix) Fixed launch from the application menu
    Warning! New version of the Screen2Auto v2.2 released!

-Completely rewritten application code.
    -Changed the interface and settings menu.
    -Quick panel replaced by launcher.
    -Increased download and work speed.
    -Implemented launch of two applications at once (Split screens) by creating double shortcuts in Launcher.
    -Return AAUnlock to the application (phenotype patcher is not needed).
    -Alphabetically sorting applications in menu.
    -Screen orientation issues fixed.
    -Checking the new application version.
    -Other minor fixes
    32a6ff91f00801a90056ed0b6dc27241.png

837e9dacbe128637ed1dcd820e3b0a00.png
    Attention!
    Don't upgrade to Android Auto 6.0.6153! There are problems with the work of third-party applications! No solution yet!

Solution found :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone