• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Screen2Auto - New app for AA smartphone mirroring (only for root devices).

Search This thread

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks. And Android Auto also still works on 6.8 in the car.

I'm curious how long I can stay with 6.8.

JLPDA

Dec 1, 2008
I have a problem with Netflix and Amazon video
I am able to start the apps but when I start to watch a video the screen remains black (on the phone the video is ok)
I only ear the audio from the car
I have:
S2A 3.6.1
Magisk 23
Google Play Service 21.39.16
Andoid Auto 6.9
Unfortunately, this is not a S2A issue. I have the same problem when streaming many apps (FoxNews, Sling, etc.) either S2A or mirrorlink using USB (to my BMW with MMI). Appears the streaming app is running in the background as PIP and not displaying. If you tap your phone (or touchscreen) you'll see audio/video controls as an overlay on the screen. Wish we could figure out why when "casting" to some devices the background stream does not display. FYI, using a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
Since today I have an issue with my screen the car.

The upper 10% of the phone screen are cut away.

Does anyone else have this issue?

hildemente

Sep 20, 2018
hi, screen2auto works when connected via usb cable, with aawireless the app is not displayed. does someone have similar experience or a solution?
Many thanks in advance

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
What headunit do you use? What's the screen resolution?

I noticed the following behaviour:
- On cars with a headunit with screenresolution of 1080p I did not have any problems with Screen2Auto and AAWireless.
- On cars with a headunit with a lower screenresolution (like 720p or 480p) I noticed issues with Screen2Auto and AAWireless. Sometimes the headunit remains black when I click on Screen2Auto. Sometimes the picture is cut.

Try to play with the USB-modes of AAWireless or go to developer mode of AAWireless.

I also noticed some issues of Screen2Auto and AAWireless, but I also don't have any solution.

Drivepnut

May 18, 2016
I have a problem with Netflix and Amazon video
I am able to start the apps but when I start to watch a video the screen remains black (on the phone the video is ok)
I only ear the audio from the car
I have:
S2A 3.6.1
Magisk 23
Google Play Service 21.39.16
Andoid Auto 6.9
I see a lot of people with this problem. It is not s2a. It is basically your screen capture software that causes the problem with the drm software. The drm software communicating from your phone os to Netflix or prime lets them know that your device is using screen capture or recorder "which you must use to mirror your phone to any screen" which blacks out the video. This is so people want record movies from their sites which is not what most of us are trying to do. I think drm code is actually written into the digital copy of the movie when it is made or edited so All movies don't have it. You use to be able to spoof it by going through your web browser and watch it through that but every since browsers moved away from flash you can't do it no more on the web browser. I think if you have a rooted phone then there are ways around the drm.

Akkor70

Dec 19, 2019
I see a lot of people with this problem. It is not s2a. It is basically your screen capture software that causes the problem with the drm software. The drm software communicating from your phone os to Netflix or prime lets them know that your device is using screen capture or recorder "which you must use to mirror your phone to any screen" which blacks out the video. This is so people want record movies from their sites which is not what most of us are trying to do. I think drm code is actually written into the digital copy of the movie when it is made or edited so All movies don't have it. You use to be able to spoof it by going through your web browser and watch it through that but every since browsers moved away from flash you can't do it no more on the web browser. I think if you have a rooted phone then there are ways around the drm.
I have a rooted phone (Mi 9T Pro)

Before I sow Netflix with S2A

hildemente

Sep 20, 2018
What headunit do you use? What's the screen resolution?

I noticed the following behaviour:
- On cars with a headunit with screenresolution of 1080p I did not have any problems with Screen2Auto and AAWireless.
- On cars with a headunit with a lower screenresolution (like 720p or 480p) I noticed issues with Screen2Auto and AAWireless. Sometimes the headunit remains black when I click on Screen2Auto. Sometimes the picture is cut.

Try to play with the USB-modes of AAWireless or go to developer mode of AAWireless.

I also noticed some issues of Screen2Auto and AAWireless, but I also don't have any solution.
hi, s2a works, USB mode change helped, thanks for the tip

farbara

Jun 2, 2012
So you are saying there is no solution to the black screen problem?

Drivepnut

May 18, 2016
So you are saying there is no solution to the black screen problem?
Unless your phone is rooted and you are using something like tasker I don't think it is no solution for right now, but these guys on here are pretty Smart and I think they will figure something out sooner rather than later. Also if someone can figure out how too mirror a phone through USB without using screen capture that will probably help. I got hope that someone will figure it out

farbara

Jun 2, 2012
Unless your phone is rooted and you are using something like tasker I don't think it is no solution for right now, but these guys on here are pretty Smart and I think they will figure something out sooner rather than later. Also if someone can figure out how too mirror a phone through USB without using screen capture that will probably help. I got hope that someone will figure it out
My phone is rooted but there is sound black screen

gullzway

Nov 17, 2007
Good News! I haven't seen anyone verify AA 7.0 working with Screen2Auto.

I just installed Android Auto 7.0.614103. Then the latest Screen2Auto 3.6.1, used AA Phenotype patched and Rebooted.

It works!! This is on my Rooted Motorola Z3 Play. Haven't tried yet on my main phone the Moto Ace 5g. Only thing is I need to get the video fullscreen like it is on my Ace 5g now.

Edit: Just did the same process on my Moto Ace 5g. It works as well, and the video fills the entire screen. Must have to do with the different aspect ratio of the 2 phones.

Attachments

• IMG_20211108_163531142_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211108_163531142_HDR.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20211108_164742733_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211108_164742733_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20211108_170821542.jpg
    IMG_20211108_170821542.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
Did you just update Android Auto or did you have to reinstall Screen2Auto after the Android Auto update?

Feb 9, 2016
Hi,

I have got the latest Android Auto installed (7.0.6) and my phone is rooted, phone is connected with usb to my car. But I get the notification 'no new message during...'.

How can I solve this..?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screen2Auto and Fermata Auto for Android 12

Dear all, I managed to have S2A working again on Android 12...I'd like to let everyone know that I am NOT a developer and I'm just reporting here the steps that worked for me.

ROOT REQUIRED

- Uninstall any previous installed AA version (Except the factory one, if available) and install the AA 6.9.613744
    - Enable 3rd party and developer mode on AA again
    - Download and install (no need to open it) the latest version of Screen2Auto, Use Lucky Patcher to clone the app and save the cloned app somewhere in your device.
    - Uninstall S2A
    - Download and install KingInstaller 1.2 (Find Attached)
    - Use KingInstaller to install the cloned version of S2A previously saved
    - Use AA AIO Tweaker app to patch the app. Reboot.
    - Open S2A and give all permissions.
    - Use HideMyApplist to detach Google Play store to update the AA app (If you're running Magisk Canary Release download the Zygisk - LSPosed module to make HMA work). Create a Blacklist template in HideMyApplist and you select the Android Auto app, click on save. (top right icon). Always on HMA Go to "Select Effective Apps" and look for google play store and tap on it, enable the following "Enable Hide", "Enable all hide methods" applied the blacklist template. Save (top right icon).
    - DONE!

Use the same process for Fermata Auto if you're interested. I don't really know if all these steps are needed to make it work but I would recommend to "stick to the plan".

PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK IN ORDER TO CONFIRM THE FLOW.

Cheersss
    What does the function audio focus on connect do in the settings of S2A?

I disabled it and until now I did not have the random music pauses I mentioned before.
    If I enable Audio focus, then my infotainment Radio mutes immediately when I open S2A

If Audio focus is disabled, then Radio continues to play and mutes only when I e.g open YouTube from S2A and start playing a song/movie

Hence I keep Audio focus disabled
    I have screen2Auto working on two non-rooted phones. Installed screen2Auto with AA Ease. Uninstalled AA and started installed 6.6 version and opened developer options and ticked download from unknown sources. But playstore forced AA update on both phones to AA 7.1.614574 but kept the original settings and all apps. Screen to auto and Fermato auto work very well for over a week now. Thanks for help.

Non rooted Samsung Note 8 and 9(android 9)
    I tried that. The link in that post is broke.
    There was absolutely not a single link in that post #1940.
    It was only a name of the sh script that stupid browser or webciew might want to show as a 'link'.
    But again, it was just a name of the sh script - I didn't give links to the posts, one should use search or read the posts in thread (as I didy) to find that script, and other ingredients

Btw, I'm using LSPosed module Hide My Apps:
    to detach AndroidAuto (and YouTube because of Vanced root) and I never, ever have a problem.
    Playstore always reports that all my apps are up to date, and never bothers to update my detached apps although I'm e.g. on the old AA 7.0.614174 - screenshots
    Could you please tell me what is "GU"?
    Head unit in car.
    Thank you zgfg
    Smartphone screen on Anddroid Auto HU car screen
    For root devices only!

a65be9f97d8097a3eeccdacfbe7ac48d.png

b8add53a049c33be76f7e3778db2551c.png

c1b9abbde2a1f4e7a6920f3b7bd1ffe2.png

Application features:
    - The main reason for creating this application is working with Android 9 Pie
    1. Сompletely new application combining AAMirror & AAStream features.
    2. Additional functions: clock, dimming, selection of resolutions, etc.
    3. Ability to choose the automatic launch of any application at A2M startup.
    4. Floating button to control the application from the HU screen.
    5. Ability to reset if incorrect output and resolution distortion.
    6. Many other chips...
    1d1ca5ad04e260cb8dfa7360d36cee00.png

Installation and setup:
    1. Download and Install Screen2Auto
    6760829d5c83bfb472ea0a96d8b0efde.png
    2. Enable developper settings in Android Auto and enable Unkown sources in developper settings.
    1. Launch on the Android Auto mobile device
    2. Open the menu, tap the tab "About Android Auto"
    3. In the menu that opens, tap on the gear (settings). Then we crawl to the very bottom of the menu that opens: "Version 4.5. *** - release".
    4. 10 times tap on the display of the version of Android Auto, a window will appear where we must agree with what we are doing. Click "Yes."
    5. Go to the menu (tap "three points") and select the tab "For Developers" that appears in the menu
    6. In the last line, put a checkmark "Unknown sources" or use other settings of the developer's menu.
    3. Use the AA AIO TWEAKER from @shmykelsa for activation third-party applications.
    4. Launch the application and perform the initial setup of permission recovery. Click on the button and save them.
    1ae13868aa9142dd0ea19722b818d9a7.jpg
    5. Make the necessary settings as desired.
    Warning:
    If, after turning off the smartphone or exiting AA (turned off the car, closed the emulator, removed the USB), the resolution of the smartphone did not return to its original state (the recovery settings, failure, smartphone features, etc. were set incorrectly, etc.), you need go to Settings → Reset settings and select the WM SIZE RESET option. Resolution will be restored to factory.
    3e5e464d111050be0db4f57505492313.png
    0222f487a017f62a6242d37d27e82b3a.png

Don't forget to use the button (if you want course):
    cb294618ab788427637345c9f1030b77.png

Warning! New version of the application released!
    Thanks to everyone who offered delicious coffee!
    All of this thanks to all caring people.

Attention!
    You can download and install S2A on devices without root using the new application
    Android Auto Apps Downloader (AAAD)
    However, I still recommend using C2A on rooted devices.

What's new

v3.5.2beta
    • Bug fixes

v3.5beta
    • Adapted for Non Root devices
    • Notification when pause (for automation).
    • Bug fixes
    • Languages update

v3.4.6
    • Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes

v3.4.5
    • Added the ability to change the icon of the floating button
    • Added autostart mapcam.info
    • Added starting Tasker task after completion
    • Minor fixes

v3.4
    • Fixed jambs
    • Added Support for Screen2Echo*
    • *Screen2Echo - application idesigned to link two phones. An application for those who do not want to get root on their main phone, and the second one is always in the car . Screen2Auto and S2Echo communicate via WiFi Hotspot.
    • Added Function to enable Hotspot at phone startup

v3.3
    • Bug fixes
    • Switch "Do not restore" in the settings
    • Fixes for some jambs version 3.2

v3.1
    • Bug fixes
    • Fix launch on Android 5&6
    • Fix Netflix (be sure to enable accessibility)
    • Adjustment of language packs
    • Added new translations

v3.0
    • Application optimization
    • Made initial setting (Wizard settings)
    • Updated language files. (Thanks for the translations)
    • Added driving safety warning

32a6ff91f00801a90056ed0b6dc27241.png

837e9dacbe128637ed1dcd820e3b0a00.png
    Preview

29f8f3095dcb6e0f7c50945273cd8846.jpg

74a842327d62fc08ff4094db75c5cf05.jpg

d3ca794b3557868d6b0c5d0f1cb47726.jpg

f12617d47c0d7ba10b38071596beea04.jpg

2e7d1fd6cfc6285f47cb63c875f37344.jpg

b3b5fbe231fd9037188cc9995ea7cea3.jpg

e6cb6d066052a58c27c5fa40755c4a7b.jpg

472ed615393e079d2cf3b0180ceb8bc5.jpg

5798b314178fd956947295e55eac32c1.jpg

Well, as usual, I will be glad your coffee
    8ba7613826381811e8ab595c18c11459.jpg
    Download: ↓↓↓
    A new version 3.4.6 has been released

• Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes
    Screen2Auto upgrade to v2.8!
    • Work optimization
    • (Delete) Removed the speedometer.
    • (Add) Added switch to enable / disable the function of forced application termination
    • (Add) Added to the launcher the HOME and WORK buttons from the Yandex navigator.
    • (Add) Added Polish language (thanks wal24)
    • (Add) Launching scree2auto task from Tasker
    • (Fix) Fixed launch from the application menu
    The only way (similar method from the Fermata player thread) I found to overcome the problem for now is:
    - Use Android Auto version 7.0.614104 (tried v7.1.614554, it does not work in any way).
    - Rename the Screen2Auto app v3.6.2 (change the ru.inceptive.screentwoauto name) with Lucky Patcher or any other rename apk app.
    - Uninstall the original Screen2Auto and install the renamed one.
    - Enable Unknown Sources on AA and patch/add the newly renamed app to AA with AA IO Tweaker as you normally would.

I tried turning off/on the car, disconnected and rebooted the phone, Screen2Auto hasn't disappeared yet.
    Warning! New version of the Screen2Auto v2.2 released!

-Completely rewritten application code.
    -Changed the interface and settings menu.
    -Quick panel replaced by launcher.
    -Increased download and work speed.
    -Implemented launch of two applications at once (Split screens) by creating double shortcuts in Launcher.
    -Return AAUnlock to the application (phenotype patcher is not needed).
    -Alphabetically sorting applications in menu.
    -Screen orientation issues fixed.
    -Checking the new application version.
    -Other minor fixes
    32a6ff91f00801a90056ed0b6dc27241.png

837e9dacbe128637ed1dcd820e3b0a00.png