Screen2Auto - New app for AA smartphone mirroring (only for root devices).

Search This thread

Rasec2002

Oct 26, 2012
Zaragoza, Spain
I think this is a great app!!
For all those having problems with the app, ii you are on Android 10, go back to Magisk 20.4.
For android 11, I cannot tell.

alitaleb

Oct 28, 2010
does anyone face issue using steering wheel buttons to control youtube in screen2auto?
Doesn't work fior me, any help plz?

alitaleb

Oct 28, 2010
Hi all
Another issue, i managed to launch Google maps out of AA, but the problem is the start button doesn't respond after getting directions while if i disconnected the phone from AA it works.....
Thanx in advance for any help

JAWheat411

May 15, 2008
Moore
Sorry if it has been asked, but is there an English version of screen2echo. I have no clue what I am looking at. Would love to use my second phone without a sim in the car permanently. Thank you

gullzway

Nov 17, 2007
after google translate , I faced same issue one time , reconnect your phone again on your car and close/exit AA from there, after cable disconnection phone works smoothly.
Thanks, but I already ended up Factory resetting that phone,Moto Z3 Play, couldnt fix the screen issue. Now Im using a Moto G stylus and Screen2Auto isnt working, doesn't show up in AA. May be because I'm on Magisk 22. Not worth it for me to downgrade, I'll just use my spare iphone SE with carplayenable in my Truck for now. Maybe when this app,or another, becomes more stable and easier to use I'll take another look.

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
I need some help with a 2 phone setup.

My car phone (CT) is a rooted LG G2 (Android 7.1.1 with no data/cell plan). My primary phone (PT) is an unrooted Galaxy S7. My car allows multiple phones to be connected by Bluetooth to my headunit. However, only one phone (primary) can be set for both incoming and outgoing calls. All the other phones are incoming calls only. I connect my PT for incoming and outgoing calls; and my CT gets automatically connected and set for incoming calls only.

This works pretty good with one exception. I can't make outgoing phone calls from within AA . If I do a search using Google Assistant and try to phone a number I found I get a "Voice commands not available right now" message. I can make and receive phone calls using my car's Bluetooth connection to my PT.

I tried freezing my CT Bluetooth with various apps but they would still let my CT connect to my car's Bluetooth. So I installed Titanium Backup and purchased the Pro key. There are 2 Bluetooth system apps on my CT: Bluetooth MIDI Service 7.1.1 and Bluetooth Share 7.1.1. I can freeze the MIDI service and Bluetooth still works but my CT still connects to my car for incoming calls. However, if I freeze Bluetooth Share the Bluetooth gets completely disabled.

The main reason I use Screen2Auto is so I can display my radar detector app on my headunit. The app needs to be connected to my radar detector by Bluetooth. So my CT Bluetooth needs to be enabled.

Is freezing Bluetooth supposed to be the same thing as disabling it?

Should I expect to be able to make phone calls from within AA with the 2 phone setup if my CT doesn't have a cell/data plan?

Is there some setting I'm missing in my AA CT to allow me to make outgoing calls with the 2 phone setup?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
I just found this thread today. After some tweaking and reinstalling, I am able to get video to my car's screen. I have a Moto Z3 Play, Magisk 22.0, and a Pioneer AVH-2500. I did this:
1: install AA Phenotype Patcher 0.85
2: install AndroidAuto v .9.604644(edit, it's 5.9.604644)
3: install Screen2Auto_v3.4.5 (Updated to v3.4.6)

Enable developer mode in AA, check unknown sources, and patch Screen2Auto with the patcher.

Edit: Touchscreen IS working after Selecting "automatic shutdown of SELinux" under other settings. I have only tested with a few apps but Sound works on but IPTV extreme app.( Have Video but no sound.)

Pretty cool so far, but Not Quite the experience as using My jailbroke iphoneSE with Carplayeneble, where everything works flawless and can be controlled from the Car radio. Will be following this thread regularly. Thanks!
Well I'm def gonna give your suggestions here a try since it seems for the most part we have the same setup going minus phones and pioneer model but that shouldn't matter hopefully lol thanks for this I'll let ya know if I got it going

jinx11

Jun 29, 2014
Partizanske
Screen2Auto
aperture screen setting
Screen size and DPi
print Automatic fullscreen fit into mobiles screen and plug in cable and run on car radio screen2auto

haywirephoenix

Feb 24, 2021
I wonder if "Tap Jacking Protection" in magisk settings is blocking s2a touch input because of the hovering button being detected as an overlay. Will try it soon and report back!

Reactions: bigchrizzieboy

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Does this app work with cars that have knobs or touchpads instead of touchscreens? Or would be it be mirror-only with no input possible?

gullzway

Nov 17, 2007
Well I'm def gonna give your suggestions here a try since it seems for the most part we have the same setup going minus phones and pioneer model but that shouldn't matter hopefully lol thanks for this I'll let ya know if I got it going
Trying this out again and it's working well so far. Moto Z3 Play fresh after factory reset, rooted with Magisk 22.0.

Installed the latest Android Auto(6.1.610544) and enabled developer mode, checked unknown sources box.
Installed Screen2Auto 3.4.6 and went to Other setting and Clicked the AA Unlock. Reboot phone.(I had issues with this option not being available/not doing anything on my Moto G stylus phone.)
Select apps you want too show up in Screen2 auto settings.
Then installed AA Phenotype patcher, selected screen2auto in apps, and Patched, reboot.

Youtube Vanced(no ads) working, IPTV apps working. Netflix and Direct Tv Apps work, but are in Portrait until a video is actually played(same on the phone, so no way around that.)

Screen doesn't seem to fill my Pioneer NEX all the way regardless of whether I select fit or fill in Screen2Auto settings.

Not sure if I'll mess with removing the AA Bar at the bottom( although it takes up a lot of room.) Don't want to mess with theme settings, maybe an easier fix will be available.

haywirephoenix

Feb 24, 2021
Trying this out again and it's working well so far. Moto Z3 Play fresh after factory reset, rooted with Magisk 22.0.

Installed the latest Android Auto(6.1.610544) and enabled developer mode, checked unknown sources box.
Installed Screen2Auto 3.4.6 and went to Other setting and Clicked the AA Unlock. Reboot phone.(I had issues with this option not being available/not doing anything on my Moto G stylus phone.)
Select apps you want too show up in Screen2 auto settings.
Then installed AA Phenotype patcher, selected screen2auto in apps, and Patched, reboot.

Youtube Vanced(no ads) working, IPTV apps working. Netflix and Direct Tv Apps work, but are in Portrait until a video is actually played(same on the phone, so no way around that.)

Screen doesn't seem to fill my Pioneer NEX all the way regardless of whether I select fit or fill in Screen2Auto settings.

Not sure if I'll mess with removing the AA Bar at the bottom( although it takes up a lot of room.) Don't want to mess with theme settings, maybe an easier fix will be available.
I use Orientation Control to force the rotation. You can define app specific states. Or Tasker may be able to set it only when using aa if you have the patience to set it up :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Smartphone screen on Anddroid Auto HU car screen
    For root devices only!

a65be9f97d8097a3eeccdacfbe7ac48d.png

b8add53a049c33be76f7e3778db2551c.png

c1b9abbde2a1f4e7a6920f3b7bd1ffe2.png

Application features:
    - The main reason for creating this application is working with Android 9 Pie
    1. Сompletely new application combining AAMirror & AAStream features.
    2. Additional functions: clock, dimming, selection of resolutions, etc.
    3. Ability to choose the automatic launch of any application at A2M startup.
    4. Floating button to control the application from the HU screen.
    5. Ability to reset if incorrect output and resolution distortion.
    6. Many other chips...
    1d1ca5ad04e260cb8dfa7360d36cee00.png

Installation and setup:
    1. Download and Install Screen2Auto
    6760829d5c83bfb472ea0a96d8b0efde.png
    2. Enable developper settings in Android Auto and enable Unkown sources in developper settings.
    1. Launch on the Android Auto mobile device
    2. Open the menu, tap the tab "About Android Auto"
    3. In the menu that opens, tap on the gear (settings). Then we crawl to the very bottom of the menu that opens: "Version 4.5. *** - release".
    4. 10 times tap on the display of the version of Android Auto, a window will appear where we must agree with what we are doing. Click "Yes."
    5. Go to the menu (tap "three points") and select the tab "For Developers" that appears in the menu
    6. In the last line, put a checkmark "Unknown sources" or use other settings of the developer's menu.
    3. Use the AA AIO TWEAKER from @shmykelsa for activation third-party applications.
    4. Launch the application and perform the initial setup of permission recovery. Click on the button and save them.
    1ae13868aa9142dd0ea19722b818d9a7.jpg
    5. Make the necessary settings as desired.
    Warning:
    If, after turning off the smartphone or exiting AA (turned off the car, closed the emulator, removed the USB), the resolution of the smartphone did not return to its original state (the recovery settings, failure, smartphone features, etc. were set incorrectly, etc.), you need go to Settings → Reset settings and select the WM SIZE RESET option. Resolution will be restored to factory.
    3e5e464d111050be0db4f57505492313.png
    0222f487a017f62a6242d37d27e82b3a.png

Don't forget to use the button (if you want course):
    cb294618ab788427637345c9f1030b77.png

Warning! New version of the application released!
    Thanks to everyone who offered delicious coffee!
    All of this thanks to all caring people.

Attention!
    You can download and install S2A on devices without root using the new application
    Android Auto Apps Downloader (AAAD)
    However, I still recommend using C2A on rooted devices.

What's new

v3.5.2beta
    • Bug fixes

v3.5beta
    • Adapted for Non Root devices
    • Notification when pause (for automation).
    • Bug fixes
    • Languages update

v3.4.6
    • Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes

v3.4.5
    • Added the ability to change the icon of the floating button
    • Added autostart mapcam.info
    • Added starting Tasker task after completion
    • Minor fixes

v3.4
    • Fixed jambs
    • Added Support for Screen2Echo*
    • *Screen2Echo - application idesigned to link two phones. An application for those who do not want to get root on their main phone, and the second one is always in the car . Screen2Auto and S2Echo communicate via WiFi Hotspot.
    • Added Function to enable Hotspot at phone startup

v3.3
    • Bug fixes
    • Switch "Do not restore" in the settings
    • Fixes for some jambs version 3.2

v3.1
    • Bug fixes
    • Fix launch on Android 5&6
    • Fix Netflix (be sure to enable accessibility)
    • Adjustment of language packs
    • Added new translations

v3.0
    • Application optimization
    • Made initial setting (Wizard settings)
    • Updated language files. (Thanks for the translations)
    • Added driving safety warning

32a6ff91f00801a90056ed0b6dc27241.png

837e9dacbe128637ed1dcd820e3b0a00.png
    Preview

29f8f3095dcb6e0f7c50945273cd8846.jpg

74a842327d62fc08ff4094db75c5cf05.jpg

d3ca794b3557868d6b0c5d0f1cb47726.jpg

f12617d47c0d7ba10b38071596beea04.jpg

2e7d1fd6cfc6285f47cb63c875f37344.jpg

b3b5fbe231fd9037188cc9995ea7cea3.jpg

e6cb6d066052a58c27c5fa40755c4a7b.jpg

472ed615393e079d2cf3b0180ceb8bc5.jpg

5798b314178fd956947295e55eac32c1.jpg

Well, as usual, I will be glad your coffee
    8ba7613826381811e8ab595c18c11459.jpg
    Download: ↓↓↓
    S2A appears to be the most restricted app.

To my knowledge following levels of restrictions/by-passes exist:
    1. Developer mode + unknown sources need to be enabled in the AA app,
    you can tap the Version number in the AA app a lot, to unlock the developer settings.
    2. Apps need to be "installed as Google Play",
    you can use KingInstaller to do so: https://github.com/fcaronte/KingInstaller
    3. Apps need to be "whitelisted in phenotype.db",
    you can use AA-AIO-Tweaker for this: https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker
    4. Apps need Xposed module to spoof an additional "installed as Google Play" check,
    you can use Android-Auto-XLauncher-Unlocked for this: https://github.com/Rikj000/Android-Auto-XLauncher-Unlocked
    5. Apps (for now only Screen2Auto to my knowledge) need their internal package name changed to something different,
    you can use MT Manager for this: https://mt2.cn/download/

Open MT Manager => Open S2A.apk file => View => AndroidManifest.xml => String pool => Triple dot icon => Filter =>
    Type the package name of the app (likely "ru.cvitnepei.neatruwtosceo" or "ru.inceptive.screentwoauto") => Ok
    => Select the found package name (likely "ru.cvitnepei.neatruwtosceo" or "ru.inceptive.screentwoauto")
    => Alter it to something unique, don't tell your unique package name online => Ok => Back arrow => Save and exit
    => Save AndroidManifest.xml modification + Auto sign => Ok

Open your package manager => Install modified / renamed S2A.apk
    A new version 3.4.6 has been released

• Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes
    Screen2Auto upgrade to v2.8!
    • Work optimization
    • (Delete) Removed the speedometer.
    • (Add) Added switch to enable / disable the function of forced application termination
    • (Add) Added to the launcher the HOME and WORK buttons from the Yandex navigator.
    • (Add) Added Polish language (thanks wal24)
    • (Add) Launching scree2auto task from Tasker
    • (Fix) Fixed launch from the application menu
    The only way (similar method from the Fermata player thread) I found to overcome the problem for now is:
    - Use Android Auto version 7.0.614104 (tried v7.1.614554, it does not work in any way).
    - Rename the Screen2Auto app v3.6.2 (change the ru.inceptive.screentwoauto name) with Lucky Patcher or any other rename apk app.
    - Uninstall the original Screen2Auto and install the renamed one.
    - Enable Unknown Sources on AA and patch/add the newly renamed app to AA with AA IO Tweaker as you normally would.

I tried turning off/on the car, disconnected and rebooted the phone, Screen2Auto hasn't disappeared yet.