Screen2Auto - New app for AA smartphone mirroring (only for root devices).

Search This thread

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
Navigation within Screen2Auto works well with my car's touchscreen (Chevy MyLink) but using the car's touchscreen within an app is clunky and inconsistent when running Screen2Auto on an unrooted Galaxy S7.
I've tried enabling "Alternative touch", anything else I should try to make the touchscreen more responsive within an app?

Reactions: dumbino67

gullzway

Nov 17, 2007
I got a New phone (Moto Ace 5G) and installed Screen2Auto exactly like I did on my G Stylus.

"Installed the latest Android Auto(6.1.610544) and enabled developer mode, checked unknown sources box.
Installed Screen2Auto 3.4.6 and went to Other setting and Clicked the AA Unlock. Reboot phone.(I had issues with this option not being available/not doing anything on my Moto G stylus phone.)
Select apps you want too show up in Screen2 auto settings.
Then installed AA Phenotype patcher, selected screen2auto in apps, and Patched, reboot."

When I click Screen2Auto on my Car Stereo it opens and just says " No messages during this drive"

Doesn't' show any apps to select or anything to open?

Reactions: Simien and thakki

chienxquang

Dec 5, 2014
What is this SU Connector for?

There is a Magisk Update to V23. Does anyone know if S2A works with Magisk 23.0?
Touchscreen works on S2A launcher Home only, but not in-app, not after I launch an app.

After Android Auto loads I click on Screen2Auto icon and S2A appears correctly.
Then I can use the touchscreen of my car display to launch an app, for example I click on MX Player, but after the MX Player app is started I can't use touchscreen of my display car anymore! Touchscreen of the car becomes not responsive (only except for S2A round button).
It have to control all the functions by my smartphone only.
Same issue with any other app.

->After installing the SU Connector app. I can use the apps that are in great S2A eg: MX Player, navitel, youtube vanced ....

My phone:
- Samsung note 9 Exynos
- Andoid 10 (ROOT)
- AA 5.9.604634
- Magisk 22.1
- AA AIO Tweaker V.4.0.2
- S2A 3.5.2-beta
-> SU Connector

My car: Mazda CX-5 2017 (KE) - 59.00.540

Last edited:

Wolfillete

Sep 5, 2012
Madrid
I installed Screen2Auto on an unrooted phone using the script from the Inceptive.ru website. There are a few glitches but it works overall.

Would Screen2Auto work better on an unrooted phone if I used AAAD to install it?

Also, since I've installed Screen2Auto using the script from the Inceptive.ru website, can I just update Screen2Auto and have it work? Or do I need to install an updated version using the script?
Did you try with unrooted and AAAD? Does it work?

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
Did you try with unrooted and AAAD? Does it work?
When I installed Screen2Auto using AAAD, Screen2 Auto didn't show up as an app available in AA (Galaxy S7).
I haven't tried a later version of AAAD because I'm out of downloads for the month.

I think the developer of AAAD did himself a disservice by limiting the downloads to one per month for the free version. It'd be better if there was a free trial period. I'd gladly pay for the pro version if I was sure everything would work correctly.

Reactions: Simien
I got a New phone (Moto Ace 5G) and installed Screen2Auto exactly like I did on my G Stylus.

"Installed the latest Android Auto(6.1.610544) and enabled developer mode, checked unknown sources box.
Installed Screen2Auto 3.4.6 and went to Other setting and Clicked the AA Unlock. Reboot phone.(I had issues with this option not being available/not doing anything on my Moto G stylus phone.)
Then installed AA Phenotype patcher, selected screen2auto in apps, and Patched, reboot."

When I click Screen2Auto on my Car Stereo it opens and just says " No messages during this drive"

I might be wrong, but if you have the latest android auto app you might need to install AA AIO TWEAKER by shmikelsa as well

gullzway

Nov 17, 2007
I might be wrong, but if you have the latest android auto app you might need to install AA AIO TWEAKER by shmikelsa as well
Thanks for the Reply! Couldn't get the AA AIO to work, but I reinstalled an older Android Auto version and patched with phenotype, and it IS working !

Prefer the Fullscreen of my jailbroke iphone SE. Anyway to get the picture to Fill the screen? I've tried Auto Fullscreen(fit) in Settings, it doesn't change. Significant space lost on screen. Here is a pic of iphone vs Screen2Auto on my Car Radio with the same App.

Attachments

• AndroidAA.jpg
    AndroidAA.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IphoneAA.jpg
    IphoneAA.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Simien

thakki

Nov 19, 2017
Honor Magic 2

I also have same issue on Realme devices Android 10 and 11. Any solution?

H2opok

Dec 8, 2010
Az érintőképernyő csak az S2A launcher Home alkalmazásban működik, de nem az alkalmazáson belül, nem azután, hogy elindítok egy alkalmazást.

Az Android Auto betöltése után rákattintok a Screen2Auto ikonra, és az S2A helyesen jelenik meg.
Ezután használhatom az autóm kijelzőjének érintőképernyőjét egy alkalmazás elindításához, például rákattintok az MX Player-re, de az MX Player alkalmazás elindítása után már nem használhatom a kijelzős autóm érintőképernyőjét! Az autó érintőképernyője nem reagál (csak az S2A kerek gomb kivételével).
Csak az okostelefonommal kell vezérelnie az összes funkciót.
Ugyanaz a probléma bármely más alkalmazással.

-> Az SU Connector alkalmazás telepítése után. Használhatom azokat az alkalmazásokat, amelyek nagyszerű S2A-ban vannak, pl .: MX Player, navitel, youtube vanced ....

A telefonom:
- Samsung 9. megjegyzés: Exynos
- Andoid 10 (ROOT)
- AA 5.9.604634
- Magisk 22.1
- AA AIO Tweaker V.4.0.2
- S2A 3.5.2-béta
-> SU csatlakozó

Autóm: Mazda CX-5 2017 (KE) - 59.00.540
Húzza jobbra a képernyőt, és ott lesz az mx lejátszó. Én is megtettem, és akkor sikerült.

Simien

Jan 21, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks for the Reply! Couldn't get the AA AIO to work, but I reinstalled an older Android Auto version and patched with phenotype, and it IS working !

Prefer the Fullscreen of my jailbroke iphone SE. Anyway to get the picture to Fill the screen? I've tried Auto Fullscreen(fit) in Settings, it doesn't change. Significant space lost on screen. Here is a pic of iphone vs Screen2Auto on my Car Radio with the same App.
Same problem on my OnePlus 8Pro, what version of AA did you downgrade too?

rikfru

Jun 10, 2014
Touchscreen works on S2A launcher Home only, but not in-app, not after I launch an app.

After Android Auto loads I click on Screen2Auto icon and S2A appears correctly.
Then I can use the touchscreen of my car display to launch an app, for example I click on MX Player, but after the MX Player app is started I can't use touchscreen of my display car anymore! Touchscreen of the car becomes not responsive (only except for S2A round button).
It have to control all the functions by my smartphone only.
Same issue with any other app.

->After installing the SU Connector app. I can use the apps that are in great S2A eg: MX Player, navitel, youtube vanced ....

My phone:
- Samsung note 9 Exynos
- Andoid 10 (ROOT)
- AA 5.9.604634
- Magisk 22.1
- AA AIO Tweaker V.4.0.2
- S2A 3.5.2-beta
-> SU Connector

My car: Mazda CX-5 2017 (KE) - 59.00.540
Where can I get that SU Connector app? maybe will solve my touch problem

Edit: already found https://www.mediafire.com/file/7dduzlef86y7ppj/SU_Connector.zip/file

Last edited:

perindet

Jan 28, 2010
i have the problem of touchscreen too much responsive with screen2auto (only in s2a). i have s21+ unrooted. if yes is there a fix or solution for it?

i have the problem of touchscreen too much responsive with screen2auto (only in s2a). i have s21+ unrooted. if yes is there a fix or solution for it?
Not as of yet, and I suspect the developer doesn't want to put a lot of time into solving it since the trick to let this work at all without root is likely to disappear very soon, in fact it seems there is already a AA patch that breaks it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regarding S2A not showing up, this guy's (many thx) trick nr. 5. did the trick for me.
    Before S2A wasn't showing up in AA.
    S2A appears to be the most restricted app.

To my knowledge following levels of restrictions/by-passes exist:
    1. Developer mode + unknown sources need to be enabled in the AA app,
    you can tap the Version number in the AA app a lot, to unlock the developer settings.
    2. Apps need to be "installed as Google Play",
    you can use KingInstaller to do so: https://github.com/fcaronte/KingInstaller
    3. Apps need to be "whitelisted in phenotype.db",
    you can use AA-AIO-Tweaker for this: https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker
    4. Apps need Xposed module to spoof an additional "installed as Google Play" check,
    you can use Android-Auto-XLauncher-Unlocked for this: https://github.com/Rikj000/Android-Auto-XLauncher-Unlocked
    5. Apps (for now only Screen2Auto to my knowledge) need their internal package name changed to something different,
    you can use MT Manager for this: https://mt2.cn/download/

Open MT Manager => Open S2A.apk file => View => AndroidManifest.xml => String pool => Triple dot icon => Filter =>
    Type the package name of the app (likely "ru.cvitnepei.neatruwtosceo" or "ru.inceptive.screentwoauto") => Ok
    => Select the found package name (likely "ru.cvitnepei.neatruwtosceo" or "ru.inceptive.screentwoauto")
    => Alter it to something unique, don't tell your unique package name online => Ok => Back arrow => Save and exit
    => Save AndroidManifest.xml modification + Auto sign => Ok

Open your package manager => Install modified / renamed S2A.apk
    Smartphone screen on Anddroid Auto HU car screen
    For root devices only!

a65be9f97d8097a3eeccdacfbe7ac48d.png

b8add53a049c33be76f7e3778db2551c.png

c1b9abbde2a1f4e7a6920f3b7bd1ffe2.png

Application features:
    - The main reason for creating this application is working with Android 9 Pie
    1. Сompletely new application combining AAMirror & AAStream features.
    2. Additional functions: clock, dimming, selection of resolutions, etc.
    3. Ability to choose the automatic launch of any application at A2M startup.
    4. Floating button to control the application from the HU screen.
    5. Ability to reset if incorrect output and resolution distortion.
    6. Many other chips...
    1d1ca5ad04e260cb8dfa7360d36cee00.png

Installation and setup:
    1. Download and Install Screen2Auto
    6760829d5c83bfb472ea0a96d8b0efde.png
    2. Enable developper settings in Android Auto and enable Unkown sources in developper settings.
    1. Launch on the Android Auto mobile device
    2. Open the menu, tap the tab "About Android Auto"
    3. In the menu that opens, tap on the gear (settings). Then we crawl to the very bottom of the menu that opens: "Version 4.5. *** - release".
    4. 10 times tap on the display of the version of Android Auto, a window will appear where we must agree with what we are doing. Click "Yes."
    5. Go to the menu (tap "three points") and select the tab "For Developers" that appears in the menu
    6. In the last line, put a checkmark "Unknown sources" or use other settings of the developer's menu.
    3. Use the AA AIO TWEAKER from @shmykelsa for activation third-party applications.
    4. Launch the application and perform the initial setup of permission recovery. Click on the button and save them.
    1ae13868aa9142dd0ea19722b818d9a7.jpg
    5. Make the necessary settings as desired.
    Warning:
    If, after turning off the smartphone or exiting AA (turned off the car, closed the emulator, removed the USB), the resolution of the smartphone did not return to its original state (the recovery settings, failure, smartphone features, etc. were set incorrectly, etc.), you need go to Settings → Reset settings and select the WM SIZE RESET option. Resolution will be restored to factory.
    3e5e464d111050be0db4f57505492313.png
    0222f487a017f62a6242d37d27e82b3a.png

Don't forget to use the button (if you want course):
    cb294618ab788427637345c9f1030b77.png

Warning! New version of the application released!
    Thanks to everyone who offered delicious coffee!
    All of this thanks to all caring people.

Attention!
    You can download and install S2A on devices without root using the new application
    Android Auto Apps Downloader (AAAD)
    However, I still recommend using C2A on rooted devices.

What's new

v3.5.2beta
    • Bug fixes

v3.5beta
    • Adapted for Non Root devices
    • Notification when pause (for automation).
    • Bug fixes
    • Languages update

v3.4.6
    • Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes

v3.4.5
    • Added the ability to change the icon of the floating button
    • Added autostart mapcam.info
    • Added starting Tasker task after completion
    • Minor fixes

v3.4
    • Fixed jambs
    • Added Support for Screen2Echo*
    • *Screen2Echo - application idesigned to link two phones. An application for those who do not want to get root on their main phone, and the second one is always in the car . Screen2Auto and S2Echo communicate via WiFi Hotspot.
    • Added Function to enable Hotspot at phone startup

v3.3
    • Bug fixes
    • Switch "Do not restore" in the settings
    • Fixes for some jambs version 3.2

v3.1
    • Bug fixes
    • Fix launch on Android 5&6
    • Fix Netflix (be sure to enable accessibility)
    • Adjustment of language packs
    • Added new translations

v3.0
    • Application optimization
    • Made initial setting (Wizard settings)
    • Updated language files. (Thanks for the translations)
    • Added driving safety warning

32a6ff91f00801a90056ed0b6dc27241.png

837e9dacbe128637ed1dcd820e3b0a00.png
    Preview

29f8f3095dcb6e0f7c50945273cd8846.jpg

74a842327d62fc08ff4094db75c5cf05.jpg

d3ca794b3557868d6b0c5d0f1cb47726.jpg

f12617d47c0d7ba10b38071596beea04.jpg

2e7d1fd6cfc6285f47cb63c875f37344.jpg

b3b5fbe231fd9037188cc9995ea7cea3.jpg

e6cb6d066052a58c27c5fa40755c4a7b.jpg

472ed615393e079d2cf3b0180ceb8bc5.jpg

5798b314178fd956947295e55eac32c1.jpg

Well, as usual, I will be glad your coffee
    8ba7613826381811e8ab595c18c11459.jpg
    Download: ↓↓↓
    S2A appears to be the most restricted app.

To my knowledge following levels of restrictions/by-passes exist:
    1. Developer mode + unknown sources need to be enabled in the AA app,
    you can tap the Version number in the AA app a lot, to unlock the developer settings.
    2. Apps need to be "installed as Google Play",
    you can use KingInstaller to do so: https://github.com/fcaronte/KingInstaller
    3. Apps need to be "whitelisted in phenotype.db",
    you can use AA-AIO-Tweaker for this: https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker
    4. Apps need Xposed module to spoof an additional "installed as Google Play" check,
    you can use Android-Auto-XLauncher-Unlocked for this: https://github.com/Rikj000/Android-Auto-XLauncher-Unlocked
    5. Apps (for now only Screen2Auto to my knowledge) need their internal package name changed to something different,
    you can use MT Manager for this: https://mt2.cn/download/

Open MT Manager => Open S2A.apk file => View => AndroidManifest.xml => String pool => Triple dot icon => Filter =>
    Type the package name of the app (likely "ru.cvitnepei.neatruwtosceo" or "ru.inceptive.screentwoauto") => Ok
    => Select the found package name (likely "ru.cvitnepei.neatruwtosceo" or "ru.inceptive.screentwoauto")
    => Alter it to something unique, don't tell your unique package name online => Ok => Back arrow => Save and exit
    => Save AndroidManifest.xml modification + Auto sign => Ok

Open your package manager => Install modified / renamed S2A.apk
    A new version 3.4.6 has been released

• Added persistent quick launch bar
    • Added a pause S2A. If need to use the phone (so as not to disconnect)
    • Fixed bug with floating button
    • Fixed bug with choosing launcher button and background
    • Minor fixes
    Screen2Auto upgrade to v2.8!
    • Work optimization
    • (Delete) Removed the speedometer.
    • (Add) Added switch to enable / disable the function of forced application termination
    • (Add) Added to the launcher the HOME and WORK buttons from the Yandex navigator.
    • (Add) Added Polish language (thanks wal24)
    • (Add) Launching scree2auto task from Tasker
    • (Fix) Fixed launch from the application menu
    The only way (similar method from the Fermata player thread) I found to overcome the problem for now is:
    - Use Android Auto version 7.0.614104 (tried v7.1.614554, it does not work in any way).
    - Rename the Screen2Auto app v3.6.2 (change the ru.inceptive.screentwoauto name) with Lucky Patcher or any other rename apk app.
    - Uninstall the original Screen2Auto and install the renamed one.
    - Enable Unknown Sources on AA and patch/add the newly renamed app to AA with AA IO Tweaker as you normally would.

I tried turning off/on the car, disconnected and rebooted the phone, Screen2Auto hasn't disappeared yet.