• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Screenshot Storage

Search This thread

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Having a problem finding screenshots. What I've read online screenshots are found in Samsung's Gallery App in Albums/Screenshots. After checking there was no Screenshots Folder in Albums so I created a Screenshots Folder in Albums. Took more Screenshots, folder is empty. Installed a different File Manager, looked everywhere, still nothing. Where else could they be?

Having a problem finding screenshots. What I've read online screenshots are found in Samsung's Gallery App in Albums/Screenshots. After checking there was no Screenshots Folder in Albums so I created a Screenshots Folder in Albums. Took more Screenshots, folder is empty. Installed a different File Manager, looked everywhere, still nothing. Where else could they be?
Did you "de-bloat" any Samsung apps or services aggressively? If so, it could've screwed something up deep inside Samsung's convoluted app inter-dependency. Just a guess. Have you modified the phone software in any way (besides changing regular user-facing settings)?

Reactions: varcor

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
No debloat of any type. Haven't made any substantial changes to the software or UI either. I've found previous screenshots on the Ultra from backup files of my S10+ in Smartswitch but no screenshots I've snapped with the Ultra. The screenshot function works but God knows if they're being saved and if so, where.

Hopefully I can resolve this without flashing new software, I've got a TON of data on the only drive available, Internal. Thanks to whoever the clowns are at Samsung who decided that MicroSD was expendable. They ought hunt those idiots down and shoot em!

No debloat of any type. Haven't made any substantial changes to the software or UI either. I've found previous screenshots on the Ultra from backup files of my S10+ in Smartswitch but no screenshots I've snapped with the Ultra. The screenshot function works but God knows if they're being saved and if so, where.

Hopefully I can resolve this without flashing new software, I've got a TON of data on the only drive available, Internal. Thanks to whoever the clowns are at Samsung who decided that MicroSD was expendable. They ought hunt those idiots down and shoot em!
I'm stumped. No idea why screenshots aren't appearing in gallery. Have you considered wiping cache and storage from gallery and seeing it that fixes it?

Reactions: varcor

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Problem resolved, plugged the device into Smartswitch via my laptop. It stated Update Available which was a bit of a surprise since I received an OTA Update just a few days back. It took much longer than an OTA Update, over an hour but reflects the July 1st Android Security Patch is installed. Curious if this is a widespread bug which the update fixed or the pre-update device scan detected the problem on my device and modified the update. Bottom line, I'm stoked. Thanks for your input, appreciated!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: enigmaamit
Problem resolved, plugged the device into Smartswitch via my laptop. It stated Update Available which was a bit of a surprise since I received an OTA Update just a few days back. It took much longer than an OTA Update, over an hour but reflects the July 1st Android Security Patch is installed. Curious if this is a widespread bug which the update fixed or the pre-update device scan detected the problem on my device and modified the update. Bottom line, I'm stoked!
No idea if it's widespread. Haven't encountered this report on XDA or any of the other corners of the internet that i frequent. Lets see if your thread attracts other users affected by this bug, if they're lurking in the dark

But I'm happy you got it sorted out. (y)

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
No idea if it's widespread. Haven't encountered this report on XDA or any of the other corners of the internet that i frequent. Lets see if your thread attracts other users affected by this bug, if they're lurking in the dark

But I'm happy you got it sorted out. (y)
Do you have a Screenshot Folder in the Gallery Albums? Have you checked to see if your screenshots are stored in that folder?

Do you have a Screenshot Folder in the Gallery Albums? Have you checked to see if your screenshots are stored in that folder?
Screenshot_20210715-113602_Gallery.jpg

Yup. It's there. Always been there from the day I got the phone.

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
I had a cookie yesterday and found it quite dry, maybe it's a problem with too much storage. I know my 256GB version has a screenshot gallery. I'm so mad about the cookie though.

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
I had a cookie yesterday and found it quite dry, maybe it's a problem with too much storage. I know my 256GB version has a screenshot gallery. I'm so mad about the cookie though.
Your 256GB version is actually 200GB. Be sure to notify Samsung when your bland cookie runs out storage space. Better yet take a look in the mirror for where the blame actually lies.

Last edited:

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
Your 256GB version is actually 200GB. Be sure to notify Samsung when your bland cookie runs out storage space. Better yet take a look in the mirror for where the blame actually lies.
Screenshot_20210720-151243_Device care.jpg

I won't run out of space for a long time. I have 7k+ photos but all in the cloud (two services for backups) and stream music (Spotify is clever at caching). Most people use the cloud and don't need the storage so I suspect the internal storage will eventually plateau and not get bigger in future phones.

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
So you have to pay for Cloud Storage every month which isn't very secure as many CS platforms have already been hacked. Too bad you don't have an MicroSD or 512GB's of internal storage, you could have avoided those troubling issues. Glad you're so happy with your device even though you picked a Exynos variant with the problematic SoC most users try to avoid. But I'm the one who bought the wrong smartphone? Thanks, I needed a good laugh! 🤣

Last edited:

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
So you have to pay for Cloud Storage every month which isn't very secure as many CS platforms have already been hacked. Too bad you don't have an MicroSD or 512GB's of internal storage, you could have avoided those troubling issues. Glad you're so happy with your device even though you picked a Exynos variant with the problematic SoC most users try to avoid. But I'm the one who bought the wrong smartphone? Thanks, I needed a good laugh! 🤣

Google and MS cloud storage have not been hacked. An SD card is the least secure way to store data, if someone steals my phone they have to crack the security to access the contents. They steal a phone with SD card they just eject it which has no security protection. AS for pay I get free MS Office 265 yearly (5 users with 5TB each) and pay £11 a year for 100GB on google. So a total of £11 a year, a lot cheaper than an SD card. And I'm not restricted by read/writes limit like SD cards memory is, my cloud storage won't suddenly need replacing because it's starting to fail.

Exynos problematic? Get over yourself, it's been great from day one. Plus it does not overheat like the SD is (lots of reports on that). As for "bought the wrong phone", I like my phone and am happy with it, yet you constantly moan about yours not having an SD card so we both know who bought the wrong phone. Unless you are happy without an SD card?

Reactions: spacebar2011

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
"Google and MS cloud storage have not been hacked"

Oh really? You haven't been paying attention!

"Exynos problematic? Get over yourself"

Sorry for your delusion, it's not just me, it's the experts who know far more than you ever will about SoC's!

"They steal a phone with SD card they just eject it which has no security protection"

Again you are spreading falsehoods, any SD Card can easily be encrypted on Galaxy devices with external memory.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-190526_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-190526_Settings.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010

Sorry for your delusion, it's not just me, it's the experts who know far more than you ever will about SoC's!

"They steal a phone with SD card they just eject it which has no security protection"

Again you are spreading falsehoods, any SD Card can easily be encrypted on Galaxy devices with external memory.

Read the articles you posted. An unsecured database hosted on Google Cloud was accessed. A bit like you blaming your car maker for the car being robbed since you left the keys in the door. Are you really that desperate to be right that you will accept the most basic of premises for a "hack"? It wasn't hacked it was open!

As for Exybos article, it was talking about the S10 version which we all know was bad, but we all know that is not the one in the S21. There is nothing wrong with the S21 version and it runs fine for me, I'm sorry I'm not frustrated at my chip to justify your lust for righteousness but the CPU. Lots of people have the Exynos version and the world seems quite happy about it. As for spreading falsehoods, you're doing the same thing the article does not say it's bad in fact a quote says;
Like mentioned before, Samsung set out to change these horrendous drawbacks with the arrival of the S21 lineup. Their Exynos 2100 chip is not horrible, by any means, but it still isn’t up to par with the Snapdragon 888.

Good news you can encrypt your SD card, at least it is safe then. Obviously the downside is that if your phone breaks or will not boot you've lost data on it that you did not sync (via the could usually). But at least nobody else can get it either.

I'm going to leave you to rant on this if you wish, I cannot be bothered reading any more baseless articles about loosely related "issues". Your responses are lacking and this is boring me, feel free to rant back but I'll not be bothering anymore with their lame "discussion".

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Read the articles you posted. An unsecured database hosted on Google Cloud was accessed. A bit like you blaming your car maker for the car being robbed since you left the keys in the door. Are you really that desperate to be right that you will accept the most basic of premises for a "hack"? It wasn't hacked it was open!

As for Exybos article, it was talking about the S10 version which we all know was bad, but we all know that is not the one in the S21. There is nothing wrong with the S21 version and it runs fine for me, I'm sorry I'm not frustrated at my chip to justify your lust for righteousness but the CPU. Lots of people have the Exynos version and the world seems quite happy about it. As for spreading falsehoods, you're doing the same thing the article does not say it's bad in fact a quote says;

Good news you can encrypt your SD card, at least it is safe then. Obviously the downside is that if your phone breaks or will not boot you've lost data on it that you did not sync (via the could usually). But at least nobody else can get it either.

I'm going to leave you to rant on this if you wish, I cannot be bothered reading any more baseless articles about loosely related "issues". Your responses are lacking and this is boring me, feel free to rant back but I'll not be bothering anymore with their lame "discussion".
"Read the articles you posted"

I've read the article, copy and pasted in case you are unclear if it was actually a hack. An "Unauthorized Party" accessing a database is by definition a hack.

A Massive Hack of a Google Cloud Database

A recent event highlights just how severe the matter can become if an unauthorized party gets into a cloud-hosted database. A research team from CyberNews revealed that an unauthorized party compromised more than 200 million user records hosted somewhere within the U.S. in a Google Cloud database.

If you chose to remain in denial that's on you. I won't be confronting your disinformation any longer, I've got other fish to fry. But since I possess a significant resivour of benevolence I'd be remiss if I failed to pass on some sage words of advice before I permanently ignore you.

Next time you find yourself in a deep hole, stop digging!

Toodles

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010

Regarding the information in the main folder holding personal information, the research team said the structure of the content made them believe a data marketing or credit-related company owned it.

Google Cloud Platform (CGP) is one of the major cloud providers operating in today’s marketplace. Although this is not a direct Google data breach because no evidence suggests the mega tech company owned the information, this news may make people think twice before becoming a CGP customer.

The article you linked is a rewrite of an article at cybernews here https://cybernews.com/security/report-unidentified-database-exposes-200-million-americans/

The database is located in the US and hosted on a Google Cloud server that has been exposed for an unknown period. When we last accessed the database before the wipe, it contained close to 800 gigabytes of data, including the hundreds of millions of records of highly sensitive personal user data that we outlined above. The database itself is still online and accessible but no longer contains any records.

While it’s unclear if any malicious actors have accessed the database before the wipe on March 3 or if the data was erased by a blackhat hacker, anyone who knew where to look could have accessed the data, without needing any kind of authentication.

They state exposed not hacked. Google was not hacked, someone had an unsecured database on there. If Google cloud had been hacked it would be on major news sites but your linking minor security sites. Get your head out of the cloud and read the stuff you post, stop reading headlines and ranting about them. Your proof in the CyberNews article does not use the word hack at all, it clearly states a database was unsecured and exposed. All you have proved so far is that you cannot find any proof that Google was hacked.. Google cloud storage has not been hacked yet. The old Google+ API was abused in 2018 but they only got profile data by scraping it through an API.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Like mentioned before, Samsung set out to change these horrendous drawbacks with the arrival of the S21 lineup. Their Exynos 2100 chip is not horrible, by any means, but it still isn’t up to par with the Snapdragon 888.

Did you "de-bloat" any Samsung apps or services aggressively? If so, it could've screwed something up deep inside Samsung's convoluted app inter-dependency. Just a guess. Have you modified the phone software in any way (besides changing regular user-facing settings)?

I'm stumped. No idea why screenshots aren't appearing in gallery. Have you considered wiping cache and storage from gallery and seeing it that fixes it?
    Problem resolved, plugged the device into Smartswitch via my laptop. It stated Update Available which was a bit of a surprise since I received an OTA Update just a few days back. It took much longer than an OTA Update, over an hour but reflects the July 1st Android Security Patch is installed. Curious if this is a widespread bug which the update fixed or the pre-update device scan detected the problem on my device and modified the update. Bottom line, I'm stoked. Thanks for your input, appreciated!

Google and MS cloud storage have not been hacked. An SD card is the least secure way to store data, if someone steals my phone they have to crack the security to access the contents. They steal a phone with SD card they just eject it which has no security protection. AS for pay I get free MS Office 265 yearly (5 users with 5TB each) and pay £11 a year for 100GB on google. So a total of £11 a year, a lot cheaper than an SD card. And I'm not restricted by read/writes limit like SD cards memory is, my cloud storage won't suddenly need replacing because it's starting to fail.

Exynos problematic? Get over yourself, it's been great from day one. Plus it does not overheat like the SD is (lots of reports on that). As for "bought the wrong phone", I like my phone and am happy with it, yet you constantly moan about yours not having an SD card so we both know who bought the wrong phone. Unless you are happy without an SD card?