Screwed up my SD card

Search This thread

krewblink

Dec 25, 2009
Long BEACH
Well last night I had android build on my card and it wouldnt install new programs and games from the android market place so i decided to re format my sd card through my card reader through my computer.

Big Mistake!~ Everything is wiped off but now its taking longer to load programs onto the card and windows keeps giving me an error when trying to load android .Cab onto my card :-( i really dont want to buy a new one lol

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Well last night I had android build on my card and it wouldnt install new programs and games from the android market place so i decided to re format my sd card through my card reader through my computer.

Big Mistake!~ Everything is wiped off but now its taking longer to load programs onto the card and windows keeps giving me an error when trying to load android .Cab onto my card :-( i really dont want to buy a new one lol

The .cab is dead. Have you tried the zip version? See my thread here.

krewblink

Dec 25, 2009
Long BEACH
But the .Cab worked before and it doesnt now?
Is there another re formatting program that i can use
to make it back to normal?? or is my SD card just ****ed up?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
But the .Cab worked before and it doesnt now?
Is there another re formatting program that i can use
to make it back to normal?? or is my SD card just ****ed up?

Reef updated the cab, and it's broken. cab takes for-freakin-ever as well, plus it doesn't really let you see how the system is arranged.

As for your SD card, you can try formatting it using the HP tool. Not sure if your card is messed up permanently or not... Can't say I've ever seen a card completely fail before, but I always buy name-brand SD cards...

krewblink

Dec 25, 2009
Long BEACH
I used the Hp Tool i put your android bundle on my card everything was great and then i when i was in android it would not confirm that i had a sd card in there... idk man i ****ed this **** up lol

dcmedic

Oct 10, 2009
I used the Hp Tool i put your android bundle on my card everything was great and then i when i was in android it would not confirm that i had a sd card in there... idk man i ****ed this **** up lol

First off, Could you please ease up on dropping the curse words? That would be appreciated greatly.

Now, when you formatted your SD card did you format it FAT 32? Also did you use quick format?

The recommended setup is: FAT 32 & Full Format (NOT QUICK).

Thanks

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007

Yea, curse words are not appreciated... Lots of kids in the forums, let's be respectful.

At any rate, what do you mean "when i was in android it would not confirm that i had a sd card in there" <--- I'm assuming you mean some app said there was no SD card inserted? Try dcmedic's suggestions.

Reactions: krewblink

krewblink

Dec 25, 2009
Long BEACH
Sorry for the bad habit

I got it to work. that Hp tool actually did help me thank you!

I had to reformat it 3 times but it works like a charm now

I had android installed on the card and android was not reading that i had a card inserted but now its does so everything is good

thanks for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yea, curse words are not appreciated... Lots of kids in the forums, let's be respectful.

At any rate, what do you mean "when i was in android it would not confirm that i had a sd card in there" <--- I'm assuming you mean some app said there was no SD card inserted? Try dcmedic's suggestions.