[SCRIPT - 2/7/11] NookColor Auto Config (Windows) 1.0.0, 1.0.1 & 1.1.0

Search This thread

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
Sorry if this has been posted here, but I read most of the thread & didn't see it. I had a problem with a deleted Google Talk & couldn't use Market. I re-auto-nooter 2-12-25 without reverting (rebooted with Auto-Nooter SD in NC) & it fixed the problem & left everything else alone. Seemed this was the easiest way to repair the system & replace lost files. Haven't seen any negative reaction from NC.
Is there a reason that this shouldn't be a viable method for recovering from an ignorant user mistake?

Cheers,
kev

Should be okay. If its working with market you should be good.

whiffer2

Oct 26, 2009
OnePlus 8T
xboxexpert,

do you ( or will you) also cook in the "Remove Cell Standby Service (Super Battery Life!)" modification as well? -thanks

RoboRay

Nov 25, 2010
do you ( or will you) also cook in the "Remove Cell Standby Service (Super Battery Life!)" modification as well? -thanks

Further reports has made that appear to be a cosmetic change only. Reports of controlled tests indicate that disabling those APKs merely shifts certain portions of the normal power consumption from being reported as "cell standby" to "phone idle" with no actual power savings.

Reactions: whiffer2

whiffer2

Oct 26, 2009
OnePlus 8T
the os is still randomly rebooting and on a side issue, the adhoc "fix" in the other forum works for connecting to my cell phone, but when my nook goes to sleep, it kills wifi access until i turn wifi off then back on.

the little things that will drive ya crazy

If your working good you should be good. If your market is working dont bother messing around.

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
the os is still randomly rebooting and on a side issue, the adhoc "fix" in the other forum works for connecting to my cell phone, but when my nook goes to sleep, it kills wifi access until i turn wifi off then back on.

the little things that will drive ya crazy

The random reboots I have no idea about....the wifi sleep policy is what made me not go ADHOC fix...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shout out to Mistar Muffin for his script for other OS's. I've added my knowledge of DOS and some extra stuff. Enjoy guys it works perfectly. I've tested this thing fully it works....again it works. Run it over your messed up Nook and it should fix it. LOL, hopefully!

Prerequisites; Super user and adb working or auto-nookered! Enjoy :) I've tested this on Nooks DIRECTLY OUT OF THE BOX and with Nooks that have been partially modded.

Recommendations? Yea if you don't like the fact that I edited the volume buttons I've taken it out of the autonook.bat and added it to a separate batch file.

Features 1.0.0:
    Code:
    * Creates .Android Folder & adb_usb.ini *
    * Installs Busybox *
    * Updates settings.db *
    * Disables OTA Updates *
    * Enables Multitouch In Apps *
    * Converts Volume Buttons (Back, Menu) *
    * Installs Live Wallpapers *
    * Installs Email *
    * Enables Location Service *
    * Installs YouTube! *
    * Installs DroidX Keyboard *
    * Replaces Boot Animation with DroidX *
    * Installs Framework and Gapps *
    * Modifies system fingerprint *
    * Modifies packages.xml *
    * Fixes Permissions *
    * Installs Applications *
    - REBOOTS NOOK COLOR -
    * Fixes Broken YouTube *

Features 1.0.1:
    Code:
    * Fixes YouTube just incase its broken *
    * Updates settings.db *
    * Uninstalls Softkeys & Installs Launcher Pro *

Features 1.1.0:
    Code:
    * Fixes YouTube just incase its broken *
    * Installs SQLite3 *
    * Blocks Future B&N Updates *
    * Uninstalls Softkeys & Installs Launcher Pro *

Things to do:
    Update Android Market

Download:
    Auto Configure Script 1.0.0
    Auto Configure Script 1.0.1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGCZAHNP

P.S - If you break your Nook I'm not going to take any responsibility. This will not format your system32 or deltree your windows folder...just enjoy!

Need to get back to stock?
    WARNING: Make sure your battery is CHARGED before attempting!

Code:
    adb pull /rom/devconf/BootCnt
    echo -n -e "\x08\x00\x00\x00" > BootCnt
    adb push .\BootCnt /rom/devconf/BootCnt
    adb reboot
    There is a batch file that runs the above code included its called (factoryreset.bat)

This will set the boot count to 8 and reboot your device sending it into Factory Reset mode. Once your factory reset is complete you can force shutdown (by holding power for 15 seconds) and hold then hold the "n" button and "Volume +" while powering the unit on to reset your data. After this is done its like you just pulled the nook out of the box for the first time.

Remove your SD Card and turn on your Nook Color, register your device and plug in the USB cord. Go DOWNLOAD the 1.0.1 update and save it to your "MYNOOKCOLOR" drive's root folder. Reboot your device should start to update your nook to 1.0.1!

Now that your Nook Color is on 1.0.1 firmware you want to root it with Auto-Nooter you can follow this thread to do so.

Enjoy
    I kept getting an error and the NC would keep rebooting to an automatic data wipe if I tried to run the BN store. After 4 re-root processes, I finally found out what the cause was.

Disabling the OTA update seems to cause the authentication error if you try to launch the BN store.

I removed the below from your script, and it no longer causes the data wipe caused by the authentication error.

echo *************************
    echo * Disabling OTA Updates *
    echo *************************
    adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
    adb shell mv /etc/security/otacerts.zip /etc/security/otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES
    echo Success
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 >NUL

I tested with 1.0, updated to 1.01, auto nooter, then auto-config.

EDIT: This post seems to be quoted a few times, but this is not the case. I later discovered that the reason for resets/authorization errors was due to using Titanium to recover data + apps. If you recover data associated with BN Apps, it causes the authorization error.
    should work on 1.0.1, any testers?

Nope, like I said above it doesn't, fortunately a "factory reset" took my NC back to 1.0.0 so I was able to run it and no "spontaneous resets" so far, must have been something in Autonooter.

Not sure how to get the MAP 5 apk, would Titanium do that ?
    Girlfriend is wrapping some gifts I'm going to update the 1.0.0 version with new google maps 5.0 and I'm going to remove the 1.0.1 for now until I test fully
    Should i start from scratch again or just run this over my currently "auto-configed" nook? I used your previous before you saw problems.

If your working good you should be good. If your market is working dont bother messing around.