Hi!Universal Android Debloater
[Logo to be created]
Bash script using ADB to debloat rooted and non-rooted smartphones. Improve your privacy and increase your battery life.
DISCLAIMER : Use this script at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that could happen to your phone.
I try to maintain a universal tool which removes bloatwares on any Android phones by using ADB.
The main goal is to improve battery performance and privacy by removing unnecessary and obscure system apps. This can also contribute to improve security by reducing the attack surface. The script has a menu that lets you choose what debloat list you want to use. I strongly encourage you to take a look at the lists because the default selection may not suit you. All packages are as well documented as possible in order to provide a better understanding of what you can delete or not.
This script should be safe with the default selection. The worse thing which could happen is preventing an essential system process to be loaded during boot causing then an unfortunate bootloop. If you used the non-root solution, after about 5 failed system boots, the phone will automatically reboot in recovery mode and you'll have to perform a FACTORY RESET. So make a backup!
If you have a rooted device you can also physically delete the apks. Ironically this solution is safer because the script saves the apks before their removal. In case of bootloop you just need to run the script from a recovery with ADB support (e.g TWRP) and restore them.
In any case, you can NOT brick your device with this script ! That's the main thing, right ?
- Quick search among all the packages of an android device
- Uninstallation of system/user packages (manually or with the debloat lists)
- Reinstallation of system packages (manually or with the debloat lists)
- ADB backup/restore (not really reliable, see the FAQ)
- Device brand detection and auto-selection of the appropriate manufacturer debloat list
- Logging: debloated_packages.txt, remaining_packages.txt, deleted_apks.txt (for root users)
- Root support (system and systemless with Magisk)
- Installation of alternative open-source apps replacing stock apps (list in the WIKI section) (Not yet : WIP)
NB : The non-root method is NOT a real uninstallation for system apps (see the FAQ)
Universal debloat lists
- GFAM (Google/Facebook/Amazon/Microsoft)
- Manufacturers (OEM)
- Mobile carriers
- Qualcomm / Mediatek / Miscellaneous
Manufacturers debloat lists
Mobile carriers debloat lists
- French carriers : SFR / Orange / Free / Bouygues / Sosh
- US carriers : T-mobile / Verizon / AT&T / Sprint
- German carriers : Telekom
How to use
Please show me how to completely remove 2 applications "GameOptimizingService" and "Link to Windows Service". I used ADB and have removed a lot of unnecessary applications only these 2 are still showing up in the update section of the "Galaxy Store" on my Samsung S10.