[2022-07-03] [v0.5.1] Universal Android Debloater

Search This thread

w1nst0n_fr

Dec 27, 2019
github.com
Sorry for the late replies. If you find a bug, it's better to create an issue directly on Gitlab. I'm much more reactive over there.

hi i am getting the following error. how can i solve this?
Please upgrade to a bash version >= 4.4

The code checking the bash version wasn't very robust. The issue is fixed in the master branch. I'll release a (v2.9.1) tonight with other bugfixes.

Hey bro, magisk safetynet error, You know what app could have caused that? Realme X2 Pro... Thx
I can't help you without the list of the packages you removed. Did you use the root method? I don't think you can break safetynet with the non-root method.

How to completely remove the APK with root?
I got this error when I try to delete chrome

Code:
Clearing app data...
com.android.chrome -->
Exception occurred while executing 'clear':
java.lang.SecurityException: PID 29500 does not have permission android.permission.CLEAR_APP_USER_DATA to clear data of package com.android.chrome

Mhm... Have you an Xiaomi phone? It seems you need to enable the Disable Permission Monitoring option in the settings.

Using latest version 2.9 with root. Followed all your guide.
In the end, I'm getting a error talking about no such command zip.
So I figure i need to sudo apt install zip
Thanks. (y)
I forgot zip isn't installed by default in most Linux distributions.

I'll update the README.

__infin1ty

May 27, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 9
Noob question but if i understand correctly this can be installed via Magisk too? I can't find the flashable zip for Magisk,can someone guide me through the process ?

• Installation of alternative open-source apps replacing stock apps (list in the WIKI section) (Not yet : WIP)

This sounds very promising!
Very good work,thank you for this script.

EDIT: i managed to debloat packages and APK's,hoever this ended up in a bootloop.
Device : Xiaomi Mi 9 , MIUI 12

Last edited:

lebigmac

Account currently disabled
Jan 31, 2017
In 2.9 it will be a systemless debloat for Android 10+ devices (see the release notes for v2.9-temp if you don't understand why)

Systemless debloat is the only solution for Android 10+ users because system can't be mounted in read-write anymore.

Hi w1nst0n. You did a great job with your debloater script. Thanks for sharing it! Keep up the great work!

It is possible to mount system as read-write in Android 10 and newer.

There are 2 tools that can do this. My oldschool script and the new sophisticated superrepack tool by @munjeni

Last edited:
Reactions: munjeni

as400l

Apr 8, 2021
Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship
@w1nst0n_fr - I just used your tool to debload Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro. It worked great. I removed xiaomi stuff, aosp and google (including google play services). Phone boots normally.

Thanks for your work and TBH I can't even imagine how much work it costs to maintain this tool up to date.

nongrata23

Aug 25, 2009
Hi, i applied the magisk module generated for lg g7(uad_magisk_v2.9.1_DEBLOAT.zip), but the phone is in Logo mode and not booting what can i do? to make it work?

Thank you

0mart

Apr 28, 2021
Hi Guys, searched the thread but could not find others with my problem.

I receive the message "Your phone is not detected by ADB.", yet when I run "adb devices" my phone shows up. I can also run other commands such as adb reboot.
I'm using a oneplus 8 pro, rooted with magisk and running 11.0.5.5
Any help appreciated.

DrScrad

Hi Guys, searched the thread but could not find others with my problem.

I receive the message "Your phone is not detected by ADB.", yet when I run "adb devices" my phone shows up. I can also run other commands such as adb reboot.
I'm using a oneplus 8 pro, rooted with magisk and running 11.0.5.5
Any help appreciated.
Are you running as root?

DBJ9080

Mar 21, 2021
So I got it successfully running on my Huawei P20. I've ran the Huawei and the AOSP method.
The phone got shipped with Netflix, Huawei Translator, Microsoft Swiftkey Keyboard and some Google Apps (Google Movies, Google Music).

Is there a way I can remove them? The phone isn't rooted and won't be. :)

Reactions: kurtn

kurtn

So I got it successfully running on my Huawei P20. I've ran the Huawei and the AOSP method.
The phone got shipped with Netflix, Huawei Translator, Microsoft Swiftkey Keyboard and some Google Apps (Google Movies, Google Music).

Is there a way I can remove them? The phone isn't rooted and won't be. :)
Google and Microsoft are in an extra list
GAFM

Reactions: DBJ9080

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal Android Debloater

v0.5.0.png

This is a complete rewrite in Rust of the UAD bash script.

DISCLAIMER : Use this software at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that could happen to your phone.

Summary
    I try to maintain a universal tool which removes bloatwares on any Android phones by using ADB.

The main goal is to improve battery performance and privacy by removing unnecessary and obscure system apps. This can also contribute to improve security by reducing the attack surface.

Packages are as well documented as possible in order to provide a better understanding of what you can delete or not. The worst thing which could happen is removing an essential system package needed during boot causing then an unfortunate bootloop. After about 5 failed system boots, the phone will automatically reboot in recovery mode and you'll have to perform a FACTORY RESET. So make a backup first!

In any case, you can NOT brick your device with this script ! That's the main thing, right ? :)

Features
    • Uninstall/Disable and Restore/Enable system packages
    • Multi-user support (e.g apps in work profiles)
    • Export/Import your selection in uad_exported_selection.txt
    • Multi-device support: you can connect multiple phones at the same time
    • All your actions are logged so you never forget what you've done

NB : System apps cannot really be uninstalled without root (see the FAQ)

Universal debloat lists
    • GFAM (Google/Facebook/Amazon/Microsoft)
    • AOSP
    • Manufacturers (OEM)
    • Mobile carriers
    • Qualcomm / Mediatek / Miscellaneous

Manufacturers debloat lists
    • Asus
    • LG
    • Google
    • Fairphone
    • Huawei
    • Motorola
    • Nokia
    • OnePlus
    • Oppo
    • Samsung
    • Sony
    • Xiaomi

Mobile carriers debloat lists
    • French carriers: SFR / Orange / Free / Bouygues
    • US carriers: T-mobile / Verizon / AT&T / Sprint
    • German carriers: Telekom
    • UK: EE

How to use

Acknowledgement
    How to contribute

See here

How to report bugs

Open an issue on Github. I rarely respond on this XDA thread.
    Looks like a new developer stepped in:
    Yes, hello!
    That'd be me :)
    If you all have any issues, feel free to create an issue over on github!

Looking forward to improving UAD together!
    I try extreme google debloat on Samsung A3 2017. First check was OK. Debloater 2.1 with standard settings GFAM worked fine. Factory reset completely restored all the bloatware.

Second try:
    Install f-droid and hacker's keyboard before install
    $ adb push F-Droid.apk /storage/emulated/0
    $ adb push org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard_1041001.apk /storage/emulated/0
    Replace all #"com.google with "com.google in /lists/Google.sh
    Debloat GFAM
    Reboot is OK. Playstore still there, but can be deactivated. Samsung_bloat can't be debloated.
    Sometimes I get the message Google play services has stopped.
    F-Droid can install apps. They run.
    Galaxy store can't get deactivated.

Edit: debloating webview was no good idea. I've got many crashes of antennapod app. Restoring helped.