• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

[SCRIPT] All in one solution for root and xrec on 2.0.2.A.0.24

Moody

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
Hi,

I've made a script to install xrecovery, root and fix busybox after updating to 2.0.2.A.0.24
I have packed it into an exe for your ease. Of course I know you'll want a virusscan so I've added links on the bottom. It's just a extracting sfx archive so if you have knowledge with that you can just extract it and see, if you don't trust me :D

x10 Mini VirusScan @ virusscan.jotti.org

I've updated the archive, it now removes temporary files used on your sdcard and I fixed an issue, tested and it's working 100% now! Downside is virsusscan is outdated, just let me know if I have to put up a new one.

Thanks to:

zdzihu for xrecovery,
CLShortFuse for SuperOneClick
Shivenjuenja for the SuperOneClick Mod which allows rooting on 2.0.2.A.0.24

Last edited:

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
I really appreciate your work buddy........This will help many people.........I can't test it becoz i already have these thing,but really you are good job!!!!
Thanks!

I made this for myself because I'm trying to port FroYo over and thus need to do lot's of reinstalls, but I thought hey, let's release it for the community.

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
The script has been updated to remove temporary files used on the sdcard. This means the virusscan is outdated, but if you insist I'll post another scan.

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
The script has been updated again, I placed the remount at a wrong timing. I just checked the script and it's 100% working now! :D

deano309

Nov 14, 2006
Bridgwater, Somerset
can u please post the steps on how to use it?
Simple, extract the .zip and then click on the .exe.

Follow the on screen instructions from there!

"ENABLE ADB ON THE PHONE THROUGH SETTINGS" means click Settings -> Application Settings -> Development and put a tick in the "USB Debugging" box.

BTW: Good job chap! @Mikevhl :)

Last edited:

HouseflyOfDoom

Jan 14, 2011
This sure sounds like a treat! - If I only had this a few days ago - I would have saved hours of debugging...

Nice contribution - I'll probably get to test it soon enough (If/when I mess up the current ROM) :E

That's the spirit Mikevhl!

Nirak

Jan 7, 2007
wow...life if easy with this!
Thanks so much!
I really think you should update your topic title to make clear your tool supports the latest update too, i almost missed it.

exaptor

Dec 14, 2010
hey,
im trying to fix my girlfriends xperia x10mini pro..
flashing a custom rom...

rooting is no problem with superoneclick...
and now im hanging at installing xrecovery..

i used your script.. it sais, busybox and xrecovery is installed.
but i cannot find busybox and cannot get to xrecovery.

please help

sathkartha

Aug 25, 2010
madras
Hi,

I've made a script to install xrecovery, root and fix busybox after updating to 2.0.2.A.0.24
I have packed it into an exe for your ease. Of course I know you'll want a virusscan so I've added links on the bottom. It's just a extracting sfx archive so if you have knowledge with that you can just extract it and see, if you don't trust me :D

x10 Mini VirusScan @ virusscan.jotti.org

I've updated the archive, it now removes temporary files used on your sdcard and I fixed an issue, tested and it's working 100% now! Downside is virsusscan is outdated, just let me know if I have to put up a new one.

Thanks to:

zdzihu for xrecovery,
CLShortFuse for SuperOneClick
Shivenjuenja for the SuperOneClick Mod which allows rooting on 2.0.2.A.0.24
Hi,
can this be used on 2.1.1.A.0.6?
Best wishes

Meocene

Nov 15, 2010
this is awesome stuff but i'm either missing the obvious or it hasn't installed xRec.
root worked fine. busybox enabled (according to titanium backup), but can't see xRec anywhere.