Search This thread

mions_lv

Jun 17, 2021
does't work in Lenovo Lemon K12 Pro,i got error code 73,anyone can help?

Screenshot_20210617-200350.png

systemrw: Joining all extracted images back into one single super image...

systemrw: Please wait and ignore the invalid sparse warnings...

systemrw: Error! failed to create super_fixed.img file. Error code: 73

Attachments

• mylog.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 4
  • myargs.txt
    725 bytes · Views: 7
  • mylog.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DeskClock.log
    5.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: lebigmac

Greenspoof

May 28, 2020
Belgique
Hello, after unsuccessful attend to run the script on Poco f3 stock ROM, I finally manage to run it but I ran across the error 70. I ran it on Termux and ADB (I don't have twrp) Because I'm not sure which log would you need, I put the 4 in log ! I saw that you replied to someone else with the same error something about deleting cow related stuff on myargs.txt then run a command, but I don't understand. Thx and sorry for my bad English !

Attachments

• myargs.txt
    766 bytes · Views: 10
  • mylog.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 19
  • lpdump.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for your feedback @PEACH-PIT
Please keep in mind latest version of script will automatically set selinux to permissive by default ;)

Did you figure out yet what's causing error 73 (CAN'T_CREATE) on some devices?

Could you please try these 2 things:
  • Try to save super_fixed.bin to an external micro sd card (at least 10GB free space) using the script's out= argument (output).
  • Try to run lpmake manually using arguments from myargs.txt. If same error 73 try to change output to external micro sd before copy pasting myargs.txt
Thank you for trying to make script even better!
We finally got TWRP on our device (Moto 5G Ace) and I just ran the latest version. I too have error 73 running it in TWRP, but I'm not running it to SD. This is all internal.

Last edited:

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011

harvey186

May 14, 2010
great script. I'm using the 'first run' command now for making a backup of my super.img before I proceed a new 'big change' on it.

Thank you very much

Haaleven

Jun 21, 2021
Hello! I tried using this script on Android Studio emulator and successfully created an image inside Android. However I don't know how to flash that image instead current one. Could u help me?

Code:
systemrw: Successfully created patched super image @
systemrw: /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.31d/img/super_fixed.bin

systemrw: Congratulations! Your image(s) should now have R/W capability
systemrw: Please reboot into bootloader and flash the file(s) manually

Reactions: dreamytom

psi.singh03

Apr 25, 2017
Singrauli
Hello Sir @lebigmac, I feel glad reporting you that your this software works on Redmi 9 Power/Redmi 9T over MIUIMix android 10 without any issues. Sir, one thing I want to hear from you if where super_original.bin is saved? I've root access via Magisk, and I want to delete the original_super.bin image for my own convenience. Please help!

Your big big fan!

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
systemrw: Read-only lock of product_a.img successfully removed

systemrw: Shrinking size of product_a.img back to minimum size...
Resizing the filesystem on ./img/product_a.img to 298391 (4k) blocks.
The filesystem on ./img/product_a.img is now 298391 (4k) blocks long.

=================================================

systemrw: Joining all extracted images back into one single super image...

systemrw: Please wait and ignore the invalid sparse warnings...

systemrw: Error! failed to create super_fixed.img file. Error code: 73

does't work in Lenovo Lemon K12 Pro,i got error code 73,anyone can help?

[IMAGE]

Hello @mions_lv thanks for uploading your logs.
Error 73 (CAN'T_CREATE) can be easily fixed with troubleshooting repair script (Linux only) that's included in the v1.31d BUNDLE. ✅

It would be cool if some genius could tell me why Error 73 (CAN'T_CREATE) occurs only on android device but not inside linux using exactly the same lpmake arguments. It's still a big mystery to me. Selinux is disabled.

Hello, after unsuccessful attend to run the script on Poco f3 stock ROM, I finally manage to run it but I ran across the error 70. I ran it on Termux and ADB (I don't have twrp) Because I'm not sure which log would you need, I put the 4 in log ! I saw that you replied to someone else with the same error something about deleting cow related stuff on myargs.txt then run a command, but I don't understand. Thx and sorry for my bad English !

Hello. Thanks for sharing your log files! (y)
It looks like your device have the COW error. Here are 2 possible solutions for you and at least one of them will most likely cause bootloop. Be prepared to restore a backup of your super_original.bin if you get stuck in a bootloop. Proceed at your own risk!

Option A:
Bash:
adb shell
su
cd /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.31d
> ./img/system_a-cow.img
./tools/lpmake --metadata-size 65536 --super-name super --sparse --metadata-slots 3 --device super:9126805504 --group cow:0 --group qti_dynamic_partitions_a:9126805504 --partition system_a:none:3096711168:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image system_a=./img/system_a.img --partition system_ext_a:none:484626432:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image system_ext_a=./img/system_ext_a.img --partition product_a:none:1508950016:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image product_a=./img/product_a.img --partition vendor_a:none:1969164288:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image vendor_a=./img/vendor_a.img --partition odm_a:none:134217728:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image odm_a=./img/odm_a.img --partition system_a-cow:none:0:cow --image system_a-cow=./img/system_a-cow.img --output ./img/super_fixed.bin

exit; exit

adb pull /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.31d/img/super_fixed.bin
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash super super_fixed.bin

Option B:
Bash:
adb shell
su
./tools/lpmake --metadata-size 65536 --super-name super --sparse --metadata-slots 3 --device super:9126805504 --group qti_dynamic_partitions_a:9126805504 --partition system_a:none:3096711168:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image system_a=./img/system_a.img --partition system_ext_a:none:484626432:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image system_ext_a=./img/system_ext_a.img --partition product_a:none:1508950016:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image product_a=./img/product_a.img --partition vendor_a:none:1969164288:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image vendor_a=./img/vendor_a.img --partition odm_a:none:134217728:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image odm_a=./img/odm_a.img --output ./img/super_fixed.bin

exit; exit

adb reboot bootloader

We finally got TWRP on our device (Moto 5G Ace) and I just ran the latest version. I too have error 73 running it in TWRP, but I'm not running it to SD. This is all internal.

Hi it was about time you guys finally got a custom recovery!
I'm sure there's an easy way to fix error 73 on the device itself. I don't see why it should work in linux but not in android. :unsure:

Android don't allow apps to write to external storage, more info https://developer.android.com/about/versions/11/privacy/storage , if you need solution simple search xda "how to enable write access to external storage"

Hi master @munjeni
Thanks for your comment!

I think you were right all along and folks without a super partition don't even have 'shared_blocks feature' 😂
That means I put all that extra code in there for nothing! :ROFLMAO:

How many total lines of code is the final version of your super sophisticated tool?

great script. I'm using the 'first run' command now for making a backup of my super.img before I proceed a new 'big change' on it.

Thank you very much

Hello. Thank you for the kind words. It works? Please show screenshot or log. Thanks! (y)
Enjoy debloating your device! Don't forget to create lots of backups before modifying your system to your liking. Always reboot your device after every system modification to see if there's a bootloop!

@lebigmac work for me sir! Device Poco m3 gsi havoc 3.8 android 10. Thanks sir😘

Hi @Bontot7. Thanks for feedback. Please show screenshot or log. Thank you! (y)
I'm happy it works for you. Please see my comment to harvey above. Same advice applies to you ;) Enjoy debloating your device!

Hello! I tried using this script on Android Studio emulator and successfully created an image inside Android. However I don't know how to flash that image instead current one. Could u help me?

Code:
systemrw: Successfully created patched super image @
systemrw: /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.31d/img/super_fixed.bin

systemrw: Congratulations! Your image(s) should now have R/W capability
systemrw: Please reboot into bootloader and flash the file(s) manually

Hello. You mean script actually works inside emulator? What a surprise!
Can you boot into recovery inside emulator? Then you can flash super with dd. I take no responsiblity if you brick your emulator :LOL:

Why are you running it in emulator? Try running script from real device while booted into Android. It won't flash anything to your device don't worry 😉

I flashed super_fixed.bin with fastboot flash super super_fixed.bin. Now I can finally mount partitions like /vendor as read-write, but now my phone doesn't boot to System anymore, but instead boots to Fastboot Mode.

@Haaleven You flash super_fixed.bin with fastboot flash super super_fixed.bin

Hi tomxyz. Please send me your log files. Thanks. Were you able to fix your bootloop by restoring the original unmodified super image? :unsure:

Hello Sir @lebigmac, I feel glad reporting you that your this software works on Redmi 9 Power/Redmi 9T over MIUIMix android 10 without any issues. Sir, one thing I want to hear from you if where super_original.bin is saved? I've root access via Magisk, and I want to delete the original_super.bin image for my own convenience. Please help!

Your big big fan!

Hello psi.singh. Thank you for the good news! (y) I'm happy it works for you. What exactly is MIUIMix ? Is this custom ROM?
Could you please send me your log files? Thank you. It helps with further development of the script ;)

First of all, you must check the correct installation of the USB drivers with the
'fastboot devices' command
The response should be 'Your_dev_Number device'

Thank you for chiming in (y) Did you try the script yet?

View attachment 5339039
Flashed patched/fixed Super.bin. Difference is about 5 Gigabyte. Why does this not create more available (free) space on my device?

Error on /product.
adb push webview.apk /product/app/webview/webview.apk
adb: error: failed to copy 'webview.apk' to '/product/app/webview/webview.apk': remote couldn't create file: Read-only file systemView attachment 5339117
For difference in size (changed filename super_fixed to super).

Reboot seems to have made a difference, T Commander is able to write to /product. Have not tried adb again because it worked via TC after another reboot and for me that is enough for now.

Hello @hallo6459
Please send me your log files. Thank you. It helps understand what happened on your device.
After successfully running script the file size difference between super_fixed and super_original is normal. One file is sparse while the other one is in raw format.
What happens if you do this while booted into Android?
1-jpg.5235933

Hi
I'm getting error 225 in TWRP when trying to flash the file. Any clue?

Hi @Myt7930 In next version of script I will try to fix this error. Don't worry ;)
In the meantime please try launching script manually according to the instructions. Good luck!

If I change the output destination to an sd card, the result is the same.
I get an error 73.
I cannot create super_fixed.bin on the sd card.
If I run sysrw_repair on linux, I can get r/w without any problem.

Thanks for your feedback @PEACH-PIT. I don't understand why it throws error 73 in Android and in Linux it just works using the same lpmake arguments?!

not work on redmi note 10 pro (sweetin)

Hi @mathan7. Please send me your log files so I can take a closer look. Thank you.

Try removing all cow related stuff in myargs.txt and run lpmake command manually using those arguments.
How exactly to do that? Thanks!

Hi @QanTnkz. In next version of script all cow related stuff will be automatically removed from arguments list. Hopefully this will fix cow error ;)

I'm worried about getting bootloop ))

Try running script in emulator then :LOL: Good luck!

Last edited:

Greenspoof

May 28, 2020
Belgique
Error 73 (CAN'T_CREATE) can be easily fixed with troubleshooting repair script (Linux only) that's included in the v1.31d BUNDLE. ✅

It would be cool if some genius could tell me why Error 73 (CAN'T_CREATE) occurs only on android device but not inside linux using exactly the same lpmake arguments. It's still a big mystery to me. Selinux is disabled.

It looks like your device have the COW error. Here are 2 solutions for you and at least one of them will most likely cause bootloop. Be prepared to restore a backup of your super_original.bin if you get stuck in a bootloop. Proceed at your own risk!

Option A:
Bash:
adb shell
su
> ./img/system_a-cow.img
./tools/lpmake --metadata-size 65536 --super-name super --sparse --metadata-slots 3 --device super:9126805504 --group cow:0 --group qti_dynamic_partitions_a:9126805504 --partition system_a:none:3096711168:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image system_a=./img/system_a.img --partition system_ext_a:none:484626432:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image system_ext_a=./img/system_ext_a.img --partition product_a:none:1508950016:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image product_a=./img/product_a.img --partition vendor_a:none:1969164288:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image vendor_a=./img/vendor_a.img --partition odm_a:none:134217728:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image odm_a=./img/odm_a.img --partition system_a-cow:none:0:cow --image system_a-cow=./img/system_a-cow.img --output ./img/super_fixed.bin

exit; exit

adb reboot bootloader

Option B:
Bash:
adb shell
su
./tools/lpmake --metadata-size 65536 --super-name super --sparse --metadata-slots 3 --device super:9126805504 --group qti_dynamic_partitions_a:9126805504 --partition system_a:none:3096711168:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image system_a=./img/system_a.img --partition system_ext_a:none:484626432:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image system_ext_a=./img/system_ext_a.img --partition product_a:none:1508950016:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image product_a=./img/product_a.img --partition vendor_a:none:1969164288:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image vendor_a=./img/vendor_a.img --partition odm_a:none:134217728:qti_dynamic_partitions_a --image odm_a=./img/odm_a.img --output ./img/super_fixed.bin

exit; exit

adb reboot bootloader

I'm sure there's an easy way to fix error 73 on the device itself. I don't see why it should work in linux but not in android. :unsure:

Hi master @munjeni
Thanks for your comment! I will search it!

I think you were right all along and folks without a super partition don't even have 'shared_blocks feature' 😂

How many total lines of code is the final version of your super sophisticated tool?

Hello. Thank you for the kind words. It works? Please show screenshot or log. Thanks! (y)
Enjoy debloating your device! Don't forget to create lots of backups before modifying your system to your liking. Always reboot your device after every system modification to see if there's a bootloop!

I'm happy it works for you. Please see my comment to harvey above. Same advice applies to you ;) Enjoy debloating your device!

Can you boot into recovery inside emulator? Then you can flash super with dd. I take no responsiblity if you brick your emulator :LOL:

Why are you running it in emulator? Try running script from real device while booted into Android. It won't flash anything to your device don't worry 😉

Hi tomxyz. Please send me your log files. Thanks. Were you able to fix your bootloop by restoring the original unmodified super image? :unsure:

Hello psi.singh. Thank you for the good news! (y) I'm happy it works for you. What exactly is MIUIMix ? Is this custom ROM?
Could you please send me your log files? Thank you. It helps with further development of the script ;)

Hello @hallo6459
Please send me your log files. Thank you. It helps understand what happened on your device.
After successfully running script the file size difference between super_fixed and super_original is normal. One file is sparse while the other one is in raw format.
1-jpg.5235933

Hi @Myt7930 In next version of script this error will be fixed. Don't worry ;)
In the meantime please try launching script manually according to the instructions. Good luck!

Thanks for your feedback @PEACH-PIT. I don't understand why it works in Linux but not in Android using the same lpmake arguments?!

Hi @mathan7. Please send me your log files so I can take a closer look. Thank you.

Hi @QanTnkz. In next version of script this problem is already fixed. Don't worry ;)

Btw I saw that you say that the cow stuff related is fixed on next update? When we will be able to download it?
Anyways, thx for your great work !

Greenspoof

May 28, 2020
Belgique

It looks like your device have the COW error. Here are 2 solutions for you and at least one of them will most likely cause bootloop. Be prepared to restore a backup of your super_original.bin if you get stuck in a bootloop. Proceed at your own risk!

Option A:
Bash:
adb shell
su
> ./img/system_a-cow.img

exit; exit

adb reboot bootloader

Option B:
Bash:
adb shell
su

exit; exit

adb reboot bootloader

Hi master @munjeni
Thanks for your comment! I will search it!

Hello @hallo6459
1-jpg.5235933

Hi @Myt7930 In next version of script this error will be fixed. Don't worry ;)

Thanks for your feedback @PEACH-PIT. I don't understand why it works in Linux but not in Android using the same lpmake arguments?!

Hi @QanTnkz. In next version of script this problem is already fixed. Don't worry ;)

Sorry I misread the solution. If your next update fix the cow error, maybe I should wait for it? Instead of a bootloop ? Or I didn't understand and there will be still the cow error on next update ?
Thx for your time sir !

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Sorry I misread the solution. If your next update fix the cow error, maybe I should wait for it? Instead of a bootloop ? Or I didn't understand and there will be still the cow error on next update ?
Thx for your time sir !
Unfortunately my device have no cow files so it's very difficult for me to fix this cow error. If you try both options I gave you above and send me your feedback then it will be easier for me to fix it in next version ;) Good luck!

Greenspoof

May 28, 2020
Belgique
Unfortunately my device have no cow files so it's very difficult for me to fix this cow error. If you try both options I gave you above and send me your feedback then it will be easier for me to fix it in next version ;) Good luck!
From what I understand, my data is already decrypted. (wrote during the launch, after I enter my pin)
Then, when I go on mount, data is already checked. Sorry I'm quite a noob in twrp lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Leandro344 @wv8023

Okay folks I just uploaded a long overdue hotfix for you.
    This should fix error signal 6 and maybe also error 255 in recovery. Thanks for all the feedback you guys gave me!
    This time I've included the official platform-tools in the sysrw_repair tools subfolder.
    Error 73 and 70 still need to be fixed within the script.
    Check first post for download link. Enjoy!

Warning to OnePlus users: COW error is not fully fixed yet! Make sure you backup your original super before flashing!
    My friends I am so busy with real things lately. Not virtual things. I will try to reply to every comment when I have a little bit more time. Thank you for your patience!

Don't forget new version is coming soon. This summer. Stay tuned!

And it will be much more clean and simple and less automatic installation errors. And hopefully we can finally fix that annoying cow error for the OnePlus users! Oh yeah and the error 73 ;)

Dear @lebigmac are these errors in TWRP expected ? Do you know how to get rid of those?

Hi @a.dibacco That's just a warning and can be safely ignored.

@lebigmac hi thanks for your awesome work but i need your your guidance I'm Rog 3 user with own super img so i will make this command first./systemrw.sh in=./img/super_original.bin out=./custom/path/super_fixed.bin size=15 and after this chmod +x /data/local/tmp/systemrw_*VERSION*/systemrw.sh?

Hello @xaloundros You're welcome!
    Try like this. Good luck!
    Bash:
    adb shell
    chmod +x ./systemrw.sh
    ./systemrw.sh in=./PATH/TO/YOUR/SUPER/PARTITION/IMAGE size=15
    A bit of offtopic... android is a spy os created to collect personal belongings and habits and pass it on to companies that live off all that data, and even data when you wake up at night to go to the toilet. This RO partition lock in recent android is so pathetic that I'm speechless. This RO is made to make it harder to wipe the faeces that float in the android, and things will go on indefinitely and it will be harder and harder to be able to do anything. What they will invent in android 12 and 13, I can't imagine but this is slowly becoming a brutal violation of personal ownership of the phone.
    1. '/sdcard/Download/systemrw_1.32_BUNDLE_proper.zip'
    2. Unmounting System...
    3. I:TWRP theme zip
    4. Invalid zip file format!

You are trying to flash the wrong file. The flashable zip is inside the BUNDLE. I hope this helps. Good luck!
    That is sooo RAD! Thanks for the write up/tutorial. Congrats, and thank you. I will be doing this the moment I get home from work. You sir are THE EFFIN MAN!
    If you can't get this script to work on your device check out the brand new sophisticated superrepack tool by @munjeni

*NEW* SystemRW v1.32 *NEW*
    automated bash script by lebigmac for Android 10 and above

Creation date: February 2021
    Updated: July 2021

Requirements:
    • rooted STOCK Android 10 or newer (custom ROM should already be R/W!)
    • at least 20 GB free space on phone for dumping data
    Description:
    A script for all Android power users that wish to make their read-only Android 10+ system read-write-able again to remove bloatware and make more thorough customizations to their device.

In a nutshell this is what the script is doing:
    • dumps your existing super OR your system / product / vendor partitions depending on whether or not you have super partition
    • extracts embedded read-only partitions (system, vendor, product...) from super if applicable
    • makes these partitions read-write-able
    • joins everything back together to new super.img OR NOT depending on whether or not you have super partition
    • flashes read-write-able images back to device using the super fast Kolibass technique (only in recovery mode)
    User data is not affected.

Manual installation:
    extract flashable.zip and copy systemrw_*VERSION* folder into /data/local/tmp/
    run this command to make the script executable:
    chmod +x /data/local/tmp/systemrw_*VERSION*/systemrw.sh
    Automatic installation:
    Installation of the script has never been this easy!
    Download the flashable zip below, do NOT enable zip signature verification and simply install it in your custom recovery (works in TWRP, OrangeFox and PBRP!)
    The installer binary will auto-detect whether or not your device has a super partition and launch the script accordingly with the proper command line arguments.

Flashable zip custom usage:
    You can set these custom installation arguments in the included config.ini file.
    Simply extract the flashable.zip and modify the included config.ini file and make your adjustments. Then compress the systemrw_*VERSION* and META-INF folders again as a new .zip and install it in recovery.
    First line of config.ini contains the script arguments for those WITHOUT super partition.
    By default this line is completely empty (no space).
    Second line of config.ini contains the script arguments for those WITH super partition.
    For example if you already dumped your super_original and want to skip that process next time you install the .zip then put this in line #2 of config.ini :
    Code:
     in=./img/super_original.bin size=15
    Remember if you decide to use custom arguments in config.ini then the first character should always be an empty space. If no arguments are used such as by default in line #1 (no super) then the line should be completely empty, no space, nothing.

Script usage:
    If you've got no super partition then simply call the script with no arguments from the shell (see examples below).
    If you've got a super partition I would recommend using the optional size=15 parameter as well to give some extra free space (in MB) to each partition.
    The script can be run both inside custom recovery and inside Android operating system. If you run it in Android you will need to fastboot flash the patched images manually!
    Optional arguments: (replace x with your custom value)
    • in=x : *THIS IS IGNORED IF YOU HAVE NO SUPER PARTITION*
      With this flag you can specify an existing super image as input and skip the entire dumping of the super image process. Here you can use the super_original.bin which you dumped earlier with systemrw or the official unsparsed super.img from your downloaded firmware. (unsparse with simg2img). It's also possible to use your super partition block device as input.
      If omitted, systemrw will dump super image from phone to ./img/super_original.bin
      (path is relative to the script)
    • out=x : *THIS IS IGNORED IF YOU HAVE NO SUPER PARTITION*
      With this argument you can specify the output path of the new patched super file.
      If omitted, default output value is ./img/super_fixed.bin
    • size=x : *ONLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU HAVE SUPER PARTITION*
      With this parameter you can specify the extra free space (in megabytes) that will be added to each partition. There is a limit as to how much extra free space you can add per partition. Check your lpdump.txt to find out the exact maximum extra size.
      If omitted, default extra size is 0 (shrink to minimum)
    Examples:
    Code:
    # Run this command *IF YOU HAVE NO SUPER PARTITION*
    ./systemrw.sh

# Run this command if you're first time user *AND YOU HAVE SUPER PARTITION*
    # Specify the extra free space in megabytes for each partition:
    ./systemrw.sh size=15

# Plug an existing super image into the script like this *ONLY IF YOU HAVE SUPER PARTITION*
    ./systemrw.sh in=./img/super_original.bin size=15

# Specify both the input file as well as the output destination *ONLY IF YOU HAVE SUPER PARTITION*
    ./systemrw.sh in=./img/super_original.bin out=./custom/path/super_fixed.bin size=15

# EXPERT EXAMPLE:
    ./systemrw.sh in=`ls -l /dev/block/by-name/super | awk '{print $NF}'` out=./img/super_fixed.bin size=50

To check whether or not you've got a super partition on your device you can run this command:

adb shell "ls -l /dev/block/by-name/super"

Troubleshooting:
    If you get error 255 in custom recovery when trying to install flashable zip then try to install it manually. If you encounter this error please send me this file /tmp/recovery.log
    Make sure the script folder was correctly extracted into:
    /data/local/tmp/systemrw_*VERSION*
    If you can't run the script try making the file executable like this: chmod +x ./systemrw.sh
    If you still can't get it to work run which sh in your shell and replace the shebang in the first line of the script with the output of that command. Don't remove the first two #! symbols though. Then save the file and try again.
    Make sure you have full read write access to the /data/local/tmp directory and that the containing files are not encrypted in custom recovery!

NOTE:
    I did not come up with all this by myself. After searching for a solution for countless days without success, going even as far as learning hex editing - I accidentally came across a couple of very interesting threads burried deep inside the new forum interface where this method has been described by various enthousiasts (links can be found in the credits section below). So I take absolutely no credit for the underlying core mechanisms of the script. I'm only the amateur who put it all together into a compact script so that everybody can enjoy an Android system that's read-write-able again. Just like it used to be in Android 9 or earlier. Before this annoying 'shared_blocks feature' was implemented.

Credits:
    Huge thanks to @Kolibass for allowing me to use his partition tools for Android. Without your tools this script would not work on the Android platform! This genius also showed me how to flash a 8GB file to my partition in just under 30 seconds! Much faster than fastboot! I still can't believe it!
    Big thanks to @Brepro1 for allowing me to basically copy his awesome tutorial and make it into a script. Without your tutorial guiding me I couldn't have created this script.
    Thanks @AndyYan your great tutorial also helped me a lot for automating the script especially the lpdump part.
    Also big thanks @munjeni for allowing me to use his superunpack V1 tool in the previous version. It helped me to understand how these super images work.
    Thanks @bynarie for making available his otatools package! A part of it was bundled with the previous version which helped me to create this version. It's still part of the troubleshooting repair script to fix error 73.
    More thanks @gabrielfrias for his helpful comment
    Thanks @YOisuPU and of course @topjohnwu for discovering the 'shared_blocks feature'
    Thanks @HemanthJabalpuri for assisting me in optimizing the underlying algorithm!

Disclaimer:
    This is open source software and is provided as is without any kind of warranty or support whatsoever.
    By using and viewing this software you agree to the following terms:
    Under no circumstances shall the author be held responsible for any damages that may arrise from the (inappropriate) use of this software.
    All responsibility, liability and risk lies with the end-user. You hereby agree not to abuse this software for illegal purposes.
    The end-user is free to improve the underlying algorithm (as long as no malicious code is added) as well as redistribute this script in his own project as long as the comment and title section of the script (lines #1 - #65) as well as the included update-binary are not modified or removed.

Please make sure to post your feedback, suggestions and improvements in the official thread right here.
    Enjoy customizing your read-write-able Android device!

v1-31d_01-jpg.5309953
    v1-31d_02-jpg.5309955
    v1-31d_03-jpg.5309957

1-jpg.5235933

*NEW* Download v1.32 *NEW*
    current overall status:
    experimental
    If you like this project and want to support further development of this project and more projects like this then please feel free to send me an Amazon gift card code. Thanks! Your support is much appreciated!
    More donation options coming soon!

Confirmed working on these devices :
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
    Xiaomi Poco X2 - Android 10/11
    Xiaomi Poco X2 - Android 11 (v1.24)
    Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro - Android 11 (v1.26)
    Xiaomi Mi 10 T Lite - Android 11
    Xiaomi Mi 10 T lite - Android 11 - TWRP
    Xiaomi Mi 10 - Android 11
    Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra - Android 11
    Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite - Android 11 - OrangeFox
    Xiaomi Redmi 9 - Android 10
    Xiaomi Redmi 9 - Android 10 (v1.26)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro joyeuse - Android 10
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro gauguin (China) - Android 10
    Xiaomi Redmi 9T - Android 11 - TWRP
    Xiaomi Redmi K30 - Android 10
    Xiaomi Redmi K30S Ultra(China), Android 11 (v1.29)

Asus Rog Phone 3 - Android 10 - TWRP
    OnePlus Nord - Android 11 (v1.24)
    Doogee S96Pro - Android 10 (v1.26)
    F150 model B2021 - Android 10
    Realme C12 - Android 11

and more!

Project supporters that have donated:
    Add your name here
    If the script works on your device please write me your phone model, Android version, script version and if you have super partition or not. Also please send me your log files.

I will add you to the list of success and it will be helpful for further development. Thank you!
    New version 1.20 is ready! DOWNLOAD HERE
    Good news for those that don't have TWRP or couldn't get it to work in their TWRP. Now the script can also be run directly inside Android. Keep in mind that you will have to flash the patched images manually in this case using fastboot flash.

The zip can still be flashed in TWRP (make sure zip signature verification isn't checked). I bundled my sh program (which I used to develop the script) with the archive this time. Hopefully this will prevent avoidable sh-related syntax errors for some folks. The flashable installer binary automatically launches the script with the proper arguments using this bundled sh program (it's inside the tools folder).

To those that were having difficulties running the previous version due to empty partitions or multiple partition groups inside their super : this has finally been fixed :D

Please give this new version a try and let me know if it works for you or not and I will add it to the first post. Thanks for your feedback!
    I try to redo the procedure, i want to change the size. but i get error, can't remove lock.

Good news. New hotfix available HERE
    I got rid of that buggy get minimum size function and reworked the size querying algorithm a little bit. Should be more stable now.

Next step will be to make the script compatible with those devices that have empty partitions embedded inside their super partition...
    Also ronnie was complaining about syntax error but I have yet to find the syntax error... If anyone finds it please let me know so I can fix it. Thank you!
    Great news! Flashable zip is almost ready! I'll upload it later today. Any volunteers want to beta test the new flashable zip to help me iron out any bugs? Please send me a message. Thanks!

Installing the script has never been this easy. Simply swipe with finger inside TWRP and it's automatically installed to correct location on your phone.
    Then it checks a config file for any custom script execution arguments and launches the script with these arguments depending on whether or not your phone has a super partition.

Let me tell you it was not easy to create this flashable zip installer but I had lots of fun learning about this whole flashable zip concept the past few days.