• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Script] App2sd

Search This thread

kyrillos13

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 26, 2010
Athens
Hello to all. It is time to publish my app2sd Scripts because many people wants them :p

What is App2sd?
App2sd is a utility which automatically moves some/all your data partition to your ext sd partition. So, your internal space is partially/not used :p

Which app2sd version should i choose?
As you can see, there are 3 versions: App2sd-v1, App2sd-v2 & App2sd-v3.

Differences in versions
App2sd-v1: It is the normal app2sd script. This script moves your /data/app/ & /data/log/ to your sdcard's ext partition. It is very fast but your real internal space will be full if you install many apps. This version is not recommended. :p
App2sd-v2: It is an enchanced version of app2sd, which moves /data/app/, /data/log/ & /data/dalvik-cache/ to your sdcard's ext partition. It is fast and you can install many apps until your internal memory reaches 0mb.. Is is recommended for sdcards class2 - class4.
App2sd-v3: It is an ultra enchanced version of app2sd, which is like data2sd, but you won't have so many lag like data2sd. App2sd-v3 moves /data/app/, /data/log/, /data/dalvik-cache/ & /data/data/ to your sdcard's ext partition. Your internal memory won't be used unless you do install so many apps and your sdcard's partition get full! SDcard class6+ is highly recommended!
Conlusion: If you have class2 or class4 sdcard use App2sd-v2. If you have class6 sdcard use App2sd-v3.

Requirements
You must have a kernel which supports init.d & ext4, i recommend fugumod, it is the best. And you must have an ext partition in your sdcard. Ext4 is recommended. And last thing... You need android 2.2.

How do i check my sdcard's class?
Remove your sdcard from your phone and check if you see a circle with a number. :p If your dont see anything, you may have a class2 sdcard.

How to partition my sdcard?
Download MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 6.0. But make a backup before :p

How to install the script?
Take a backup with titanium. Download it from attachments and decompress it to your sd. You can either adb push this script in /system/etc/init.d/ or copy it with root eplorer to /system/etc/init.d/. Type the commands:
adb shell (adb only)
su
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl6 /system
chmod 777 /system/etc/init.d/*
chown 0.0 /system/etc/init.d/*
Then reboot in recovery and do a wipe data/factory reset. All your data will be wiped. From now on some/all of your data (depends on the script version) will be moved to your sd automatically. Before you restore your apps with titanium, go in titanium preferences and select to force restore apps to internal memory. Don't move apps to external!!

Why i see only 200mb as internal?
App2sd is invisible :p You can check your sdcard's ext partition in Titanium Backup.

-Tip
For speeding up your sdcard reading speed you can install this script too. This will maybe cause lag to your videos...

Attachments

• S01_app2sd-v1.rar
    993 bytes · Views: 782
  • S01_app2sd-v2.rar
    1.1 KB · Views: 3,015
  • S01_app2sd-v3.rar
    1.3 KB · Views: 2,730
Last edited:

Orilin

Mar 22, 2011
Napoli
Good Job kyrillos and thank you! This script is already in your rom?(5.0 beta2.2) Sorry for stupid question but I don't understand if is already implemented.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to all. It is time to publish my app2sd Scripts because many people wants them :p

What is App2sd?
    App2sd is a utility which automatically moves some/all your data partition to your ext sd partition. So, your internal space is partially/not used :p

Which app2sd version should i choose?
    As you can see, there are 3 versions: App2sd-v1, App2sd-v2 & App2sd-v3.

Differences in versions
    App2sd-v1: It is the normal app2sd script. This script moves your /data/app/ & /data/log/ to your sdcard's ext partition. It is very fast but your real internal space will be full if you install many apps. This version is not recommended. :p
    App2sd-v2: It is an enchanced version of app2sd, which moves /data/app/, /data/log/ & /data/dalvik-cache/ to your sdcard's ext partition. It is fast and you can install many apps until your internal memory reaches 0mb.. Is is recommended for sdcards class2 - class4.
    App2sd-v3: It is an ultra enchanced version of app2sd, which is like data2sd, but you won't have so many lag like data2sd. App2sd-v3 moves /data/app/, /data/log/, /data/dalvik-cache/ & /data/data/ to your sdcard's ext partition. Your internal memory won't be used unless you do install so many apps and your sdcard's partition get full! SDcard class6+ is highly recommended!
    Conlusion: If you have class2 or class4 sdcard use App2sd-v2. If you have class6 sdcard use App2sd-v3.

Requirements
    You must have a kernel which supports init.d & ext4, i recommend fugumod, it is the best. And you must have an ext partition in your sdcard. Ext4 is recommended. And last thing... You need android 2.2.

How do i check my sdcard's class?
    Remove your sdcard from your phone and check if you see a circle with a number. :p If your dont see anything, you may have a class2 sdcard.

How to partition my sdcard?
    Download MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 6.0. But make a backup before :p

How to install the script?
    Take a backup with titanium. Download it from attachments and decompress it to your sd. You can either adb push this script in /system/etc/init.d/ or copy it with root eplorer to /system/etc/init.d/. Type the commands:
    adb shell (adb only)
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl6 /system
    chmod 777 /system/etc/init.d/*
    chown 0.0 /system/etc/init.d/*
    Then reboot in recovery and do a wipe data/factory reset. All your data will be wiped. From now on some/all of your data (depends on the script version) will be moved to your sd automatically. Before you restore your apps with titanium, go in titanium preferences and select to force restore apps to internal memory. Don't move apps to external!!

Why i see only 200mb as internal?
    App2sd is invisible :p You can check your sdcard's ext partition in Titanium Backup.

-Tip
    For speeding up your sdcard reading speed you can install this script too. This will maybe cause lag to your videos...
    Give me feedback if you use the script. Tell me which version you installed and what type sdclass you have :p
    Look onto the card itself. There's a circle with a number in it. ;)

How do do you check what SD class you have?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

If it doesnt say class, you may have a class2 sd...
    does this work on the stock rom

yeah but you have to flash fugumod kernel :)
    v3 causes extreme lag

yeah if you have slow sdcard... Class6 is highly recommended to use App2sd-v3.