[SCRIPT][GAMERS] Hyper Cola Package Installer 1.8

Search This thread
A

andeveloper

Guys im working on the new Hyper Cola Engine and i came up with a new design, :D

Sample:
Code:
exec
(while true; do
sync
echo 100 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
sleep 4;
sync
echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
sleep 2;
sync
echo 10 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
sleep 2;
sync
echo 500 > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
sync
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches;
sync
echo 300 > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
sleep 24;
done &)

Basically it makes android Swap EVERYTHING for 4 Seconds, which will remove some stress on cpu/ram/gpu, then it will stop swapping everything for 4 seconds to give android a break and just enough time to build some stuff up, then it will set cache pressure to 500 and drop caches, this makes it faster to drop cache so u wont feel a random LITTLE Jitter, then it sets it back to the value i set which was 300 which is a good balance when dumping alot of caches, :), Also ive calculated everything and the process still has an interval of 32 seconds so it dosent take any longer/quicker, but now ull have a much better ui and ur device gets resource cleaned, :D

This will create more shuttering on playing games due to fast switching of
values for swappiness and vfs_cache_pressure. You can try it by just playing a simple game like Temple Run 2 etc.

NEW! Hyper Cola 2.0!, :3

Change log:
-More Quicker Engine=
==Dumps caches quicker
-Much smoother ui and device while this script is running=
==caches get dumped so quick their are no stutters in the ui
-Much MUCH Better Gaming Performance!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Cant state how much, :p)=
==Frees up resources every 24 seconds by swapping everything then dumping caches quickly

Enjoy! ;)

Sent from Project Xtreme using Tapatalk 2

Project Xtreme http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272317

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
values for swappiness and vfs_cache_pressure. You can try it by just playing a simple game like Temple Run 2 etc.

U think i dident test? :p, I played mc4, and i saw very very little stutters, but much greater FPs, anyways, if thats the case little 1fps skips vs solid 60fps? what would u choose, ;)

A

andeveloper

U think i dident test? :p, I played mc4, and i saw very very little stutters, but much greater FPs, anyways, if thats the case little 1fps skips vs solid 60fps? what would u choose, ;)

Me getting 60fps on my device without any tweak to increase it. It was just a suggestion. Rest if you tried and found good then its alright. I was just sharing my experience.

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
Guys im working on the new Hyper Cola Engine and i came up with a new design, :D

Sample:
Code:
exec
(while true; do
sync
echo 100 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
sleep 4;
sync
echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
sleep 2;
sync
echo 10 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
sleep 2;
sync
echo 500 > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
sync
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches;
sync
echo 300 > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
sleep 24;
done &)

Basically it makes android Swap EVERYTHING for 4 Seconds, which will remove some stress on cpu/ram/gpu, then it will stop swapping everything for 4 seconds to give android a break and just enough time to build some stuff up, then it will set cache pressure to 500 and drop caches, this makes it faster to drop cache so u wont feel a random LITTLE Jitter, then it sets it back to the value i set which was 300 which is a good balance when dumping alot of caches, :), Also ive calculated everything and the process still has an interval of 32 seconds so it dosent take any longer/quicker, but now ull have a much better ui and ur device gets resource cleaned, :D

values for swappiness and vfs_cache_pressure. You can try it by just playing a simple game like Temple Run 2...

Confirmed. Jittering does occur when I played Cytus. :(

I suggest you may want to do that swap process only once before playing a game... Just to make the whole CPU/RAM/GPU unstressed and clean before playing a game, i guess...

Oh yeah, modified your vm_swappiness from 10 to 20. Yeah, I like the V6 default swap value... Hope you won't get mad :eek:

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Confirmed. Jittering does occur when I played Cytus. :(

I suggest you may want to do that swap process only once before playing a game... Just to make the whole CPU/RAM/GPU unstressed and clean before playing a game, i guess...

Oh yeah, modified your vm_swappiness from 10 to 20. Yeah, I like the V6 default swap value... Hope you won't get mad :eek:

okai, ill reupload it quickly, but i dident see much stuttering... maby before the whole engine then, ;)

Mystic_Portal

Feb 29, 2012
La Puente
Oh, i see... So i guess rebooting can't be avoided... :(

On the other hand, this works great on my LG Optimus L3 running Official ICS CM9... Debugged the script and all commands work fine. Really Neat :)

I don't really like SManager (don't judge me), so I like to run scripts via TermEmu... And to make it a little bit easy to run, I pushed your script on /system/xbin/ for easy typing...

I would really like to have the permission to include your script in the ROM i'm building, cause its pretty great! :eek:

Will wait for more of your updates pal! Keep it up :D
Would you mind sending me the steps to run this via Terminal?

Mystic_Portal

Feb 29, 2012
La Puente
Su
Sh /sdcard/download/HC_2.1.sh.txt

"/Sdcard/download" is location that you place HC script in your phone

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
Oh wow! I was thinking that was it but I then again, I thought it was going to be more complicated lol Thanks :} And you still have to reboot every time you finish playing a game, right?

Jul 20, 2013
Awesome work dude . Works like a charm. I hope u can do something about reboot. rebooting after playing game isn't something we like

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Tnx, but rebooting has to be done to remove the engine (engine is main game booster + Battery killer!) from ram... Theirs no other way unless android alows manually control of process like that... ;)

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: blackassassin3333

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
So i have to run script every time i wanna play games and then reinstall my init.d tweaks after every reboot?

Yes u have to run Hyper Cola before playing a game, 2: About Init.d Tweaks, If their VM realated or any other mods or tweaks like v6 supercharger, fly on mod, Projet Extreme, and others, then remove them, but if its something like A preset overclock or LMK Values then u can leave em in their, The main goal of Hyper Cola was to deliver OutStanding Battery Life and then lets say ur on the train and on the way home, Why not play a game?,well with Hyper Cola u can as u just run it, then reboot to kill it, but with any other mods or tweaks their ALWAYS on, even after u reboot, therefore wasting battery, so Hyper Cola lets U Game and Save Battery, ;)

leolawliet

Aug 7, 2011
New York, NY
www.facebook.com
Yes u have to run Hyper Cola before playing a game, 2: About Init.d Tweaks, If their VM realated or any other mods or tweaks like v6 supercharger, fly on mod, Projet Extreme, and others, then remove them, but if its something like A preset overclock or LMK Values then u can leave em in their, The main goal of Hyper Cola was to deliver OutStanding Battery Life and then lets say ur on the train and on the way home, Why not play a game?,well with Hyper Cola u can as u just run it, then reboot to kill it, but with any other mods or tweaks their ALWAYS on, even after u reboot, therefore wasting battery, so Hyper Cola lets U Game and Save Battery, ;)

Does this seem fine to run with HC?

Sent from my LG-P769 running PACrom JB 4.3 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377175949132.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377175949132.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 391

leolawliet

Aug 7, 2011
New York, NY
www.facebook.com
Meh some of it, :D, But tnx for Screenie, Remove these:
fsync, remounts, vsync, selinuxrebel, leolasilet_penberEngine_blabla

Also vSync is generally a performance dropper... ;)

I used that vsync script to disable it instead of enabling it :D

I'm noticing a difference after rebooting and running HC :)

Sent from my LG-P769 running PACrom JB 4.3 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Information:
    Script designed to be installed then executed when necessary to overcome heavy workloads (gaming).
    This script is temporary which means it only runs when you tell it too, once you reboot, the script is purged out of the system by default init values, therefore rebooting will stop the script.

Instructions

Changelogs

Credits: Lenarox, Zeppelinrox, RevolutionBolt, Adewisman
    Instructions

Instructions:
    - Download smanager, terminal emulator & the latest Hyper Cola (in attachments)
    - Run HC_Package_Installer_x.x.sh.pdf as root (cross bones and skull)
    - Follow on-screen instructions to install
    - Reboot (important!)
    - Then before gaming go to terminal emulator and type:
    Code:
    su -c hyper
    NEW! Hyper Cola Package Installer 1.2 Available featuring Hyper Cola 2.9!

Change log:
    -Outstanding game loading/saving times & better rendering of textures=
    ==The new Kernel Hand Holder tweaks the Android Kernel to make sure I/O Read & Wake Measures are Optimized for Minimal Latency & VR is the new default I/O Scheduler
    -Better Application Management on Read Times=
    ==Improved Ram Optimizations
    -Wider range of Compatibility=
    ==Removed all Qualcomm only GPU Tweaks
    -More Free ram=
    ==Disabled Audio Cancellation which frees up Ram
    -Increased overall Device responsiveness=
    ==Added & fine tuned the Android UMS Dirty Ratio
    -More free Ram for Older Devices=
    ==Set JPEG Quality to 20% - Yes your photos will now look like they came out of 1960's Camera...
    -Compatible with Android 2.3.4+=
    ==New BareBones version for Android 4.3+, Follow the Instructions on the OP to Install it

Enjoy! ;)
    NEW! Hyper Cola 1.2 is Out, :3

Change log:
    -Less Stuttering=
    ==Does not Swap everything in Engine every 24 Seconds
    -More Performance=
    ==Engine runs every 24 Seconds

Enjoy, ;)
    Quick update to 1.9 will be made soon, then im posting v2.0 :) which will be completely re-written and merged with the Cola branch, you can find progress on this on my GitHub... ;)