[SCRIPT] JBNCK-NONROOT Debloat script for Samsung devices

Search This thread

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
Nice to hear that it worked for you!

If you want a full list you can just look into the script as I don't remember. I know that it almost completely removes google spying, facebook trash, samsung knox bloatware and other country based bloat.
Which file contains the list and how do I open it to view the content?
Thanks!

JanBoyGamer23

Dec 9, 2019
Hamburg
jbnck.github.io
Which file contains the list and how do I open it to view the content?
Thanks!

The debloat_script_JBNCK.bat file contains an overview of the removed apps (it's not a list but something similar. Look at the package names after "adb shell pm...". If you don't know what the package name means just google it and it should pop up.

And since I've switched to Linux, I already forgot how to open those files in WIndows. I assume you could do it by opening notepad/editor and dragging the file into notepad or opening notepad pressing file >> open >> [SELECT THE FILE]

Mr. Kaz

May 27, 2012
Bengaluru
I think the debloat script might have removed the edge panel from my phone. Does anyone know the file name for it?

I actually did a clean install using Odin yesterday and then ran the debloat script. So not sure what made it disappear 😅

Update: okay I found the name and got it back using adb shell cmd package install-existing com.samsung.android.app.cocktailbarservice (that's a weird name for the Edge Panel)

Last edited:

JanBoyGamer23

Dec 9, 2019
Hamburg
jbnck.github.io
I think the debloat script might have removed the edge panel from my phone. Does anyone know the file name for it?

I actually did a clean install using Odin yesterday and then ran the debloat script. So not sure what made it disappear 😅

Update: okay I found the name and got it back using adb shell cmd package install-existing com.samsung.android.app.cocktailbarservice (that's a weird name for the Edge Panel)

was about to tell you the package name...
But nice to hear that you fixed it yourself! :)

cougar11

Sep 26, 2010
Unrooted can mean two things.

Never rooted:
- Knox is not tripped
- Every payment app should work

Was rooted but isn't anymore:
- Know is tripped
- Every payment app but Samsung Pay and some others should work

HOWEVER:
This has nothing to do with my debloat script
Never rooted s21 ultra, came updated which can't be rooted unfortunately.. can I still use this and use Samsung pay?

goldybewon

Jun 11, 2016
Hi,
I want to know how to disable samsung themes and samsung themes services in Samsung S21 Ultra Non rooted.

Here are commands I used for disable app.

shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.themecenter
shell pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.themestore

* May security patch with Oneui 3.1

Thanks,
goldybewon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JBNCK-NONROOT Debloat script for Samsung devices

Works best on:
    • Exynos S20 series
    • Exynos A Series
    • Knox-tripped Samsung devices
    Introduction:

There are many good debloat scripts out there, I know. But none of them are the way I want them to be lol. One requires root, the other one doesn't remove as much as it should, another one removes way too much and so on...

So I decided to make my own one. I set the main focus on minimalism > features. Some of my Friends allowed me to "inspect" their phone to see what features they are using and what they don't. Not a single phone I tested had Apps like Samsung Pay, Secure Folder, Secure WI-FI or Samsung Pass set up. So I added those to my debloat script. I finished my list yesterday and wanted to share it with you.

What does this remove?
    • Facebook bloat and background services
    • Google bloat and telemetry
    • Android SIM toolkit
    • Samsung bloat like Bixby or Arzone
    • Knox apps (like Secure Folder or Secure WI-FI)
    • Samsung telemetry
    • Microsoft bloatware
    • Country specific bloat (like Netflix or Spotify)
    Additional features:
    • Enables 96hz refresh rate

Instructions:

-Unzip the files
    -Connect your phone to your PC
    -Enable USB Debugging
    -Run the batch file
    -At the end it will ask you to enable high refresh rate in settings
    -Press enter when done

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtNTTTF5vqOe73eblmHomhHJ6GQA?e=PsBQZe
    Perfect, thank you 🙏
    Very nice script, JanBoyGamer23. Is it possible to remove the stock Messanger app, as well? The one with three dots in the icon?
    Very nice script, JanBoyGamer23. Is it possible to remove the stock Messanger app, as well? The one with three dots in the icon?

Yes, of course! Go to your platform tools folder (Download them if you need them) and type in:

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.messaging
    I am assuming this will work on new Galaxy S21... Asking before I break my wife's new phone!!

Yep, should work.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone