[SCRIPT] No-lag solution to CM7/9 "low memory" notifications (STEP BY STEP,FIXED TB)

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010
When I backup, wipe and restore, titaniumbackup just restore the symlink, not the actual data

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll test what's going on tomorrow. It's odd, since only whole directories are being symlinked, when Titanium Backup asks what's in the directories the filesystem should pass it the real contents.

This is the first time I've heard of this type of issue, especially as data is one of the most messed around with locations. Thought T B would be more robust.

Sent by airmail.

Funnnny

Jan 27, 2011
Hanoi
nguyenthanhcong.com
Thanks, I'll test what's going on tomorrow. It's odd, since only whole directories are being symlinked, when Titanium Backup asks what's in the directories the filesystem should pass it the real contents.

This is the first time I've heard of this type of issue, especially as data is one of the most messed around with locations. Thought T B would be more robust.

Sent by airmail.
No, soft sym-link is just a file (everything in Linux is a file) point to the real directory, so when you restore TB just knows it's a symlink and copy/restore that sym-link instead of the real file.
If you don't wipe, the original file still here so nothing happened, just wipe /datadata and test.

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010
Confirmed, thank you. We'll need to ask Titanium Track to fix this.

In the meantime I'll work on a script to at least try to shift everything to data. This may take a few days (since I'm travelling internationally for a few days)

Sent by airmail.

gilcn

Jan 25, 2011
Hi,

Did you succeed in contacting TB's author about the issue reported in the OP ?

I'm very interested in using your script but I want to be sure those kind of issues are solved first ;).

Thanks.

Zatta

Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contrib
Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
That is very cool of tb team, they rock! If I hadn't bought it I would do it now.

Taptalked u see

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010
That is very cool of tb team, they rock! If I hadn't bought it I would do it now.

Taptalked u see
Zatta, would you update your wiki to show that this method provides better performance than the .nodatadata method? At the moment it calls it 'advanced' without saying what the benefits are!

I bought TB around 2 years ago. I'd even consider buying a yearly licence to have access to the latest features if that means development can remain this fast. Always excellent.

Zatta

Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
Zatta, would you update your wiki to show that this method provides better performance than the .nodatadata method? At the moment it calls it 'advanced' without saying what the benefits are!

I bought TB around 2 years ago. I'd even consider buying a yearly licence to have access to the latest features if that means development can remain this fast. Always excellent.
http://sgscm9nightlies.pbworks.com/w/page/49812876/Small tips and tricks

Better like this?

It is not my wiki, it is ours (including everyone that reads it). Founded by Rschenk, I think it is a good place to share knowledge.

Reactions: revthanki

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010
It is not my wiki, it is ours (including everyone that reads it). Founded by Rschenk, I think it is a good place to share knowledge.
Too true, one man's wiki would be a lonely place indeed :D

Could I request edit ability? I hope to be able to add to this method over time (put together a flashable ZIP and maybe even an app...)

Zatta

Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
Too true, one man's wiki would be a lonely place indeed :D

Could I request edit ability? I hope to be able to add to this method over time (put together a flashable ZIP and maybe even an app...)
Sure, fill in this form or pm rschenk.
I was thinking about the ability to create an app for it but I think we need a script to revert the changes as well for usability.

driftmachine888

Aug 26, 2010
Makati
Error Message on Terminal Emulator

Ive got no error when i typed this on the terminal emulator

su
cp -a /datadata /data/data.new && rm /data/data && mv /data/data.new /data/data

But after i rebooted and enter the lines

su
rm -r /datadata/*

I've got and error

/datadata/lost+found, Directory not empty

Please help :(

Zatta

Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
Ive got no error when i typed this on the terminal emulator

su
cp -a /datadata /data/data.new && rm /data/data && mv /data/data.new /data/data

But after i rebooted and enter the lines

su
rm -r /datadata/*

I've got and error

/datadata/lost+found, Directory not empty

Please help :(
Just remove the content of lost&found with rootexplorer.
Or rm -f /datadata/lost+found/* and than proceed with where you left.

There might be problems ahead with some apps but you'll see, don't know what is in there but it's usually not that important.

Taptalked u see

driftmachine888

Aug 26, 2010
Makati
I still have the same error

Just remove the content of lost&found with rootexplorer.
Or rm -f /datadata/lost+found/* and than proceed with where you left.

There might be problems ahead with some apps but you'll see, don't know what is in there but it's usually not that important.

Taptalked u see

I've tried everything that you've said but it still didn't work.. I still got the same error.. i tried both but nothing worked.. :(

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010
I've tried everything that you've said but it still didn't work.. I still got the same error.. i tried both but nothing worked.. :(
Quick solution for you. Reboot into recovery, go to "mounts & storage" and then select "format datadata". Then continue to the step of running the script from Gscript Lite. I'll update the OP to reflect this easier method!

Reactions: driftmachine888

-=MaD DoC=-

Dec 17, 2010
Works great on teamhacksung b15 :)
there is though some minor lag compared to previous state (maybe just placebo)

But

Why did the cm team conserved only 170 mb for /datadata yaffs2 partition?
Is there any way resizing it?
Why they wouldn't convert all partitions to yaffs2?

thanks

alysiper

Aug 24, 2010
Bucharest

But

thanks
+1

How to undo the "touch /datadata/.nodatadata" command because the phone feels very laggy. I tried to use the command " touch /datadata/.datadata". What's the correct command?

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010

But

thanks
The Galaxy S has two types of internal storage memory, fast flash memory (on which you can use the yaffs2 file system) and slow serial memory (on which you can't). There's only 512 megs of the former, which has to store the system files. By getting rid of touchwiz the CM team were able to free up some of this. But the limits are hard ones, I'm afraid.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Reactions: -=MaD DoC=-