[SCRIPT] No-lag solution to CM7/9 "low memory" notifications (STEP BY STEP,FIXED TB)

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010
Try this: install root explorer, go to your /data/data partition, and delete the file that's called .nodatadata, then reboot into recovery and format your datadata partition, then try using the script. If it works let me know!

If not you have to Titanium Backup and start from a clean wipe (Technically, I think the system no longer sees the datadata partition after the command).

jgaviota

Jan 4, 2008
Try this: install root explorer, go to your /data/data partition, and delete the file that's called .nodatadata, then reboot into recovery and format your datadata partition, then try using the script. If it works let me know!

If not you have to Titanium Backup and start from a clean wipe (Technically, I think the system no longer sees the datadata partition after the command).
Deleting the .nodatadata file and formatting worked, I'm on Onecosmic's RC4

Herrnobiz

Feb 5, 2011
I suggest to use "Tasker" to execute the script everytime an app is installed so there's no need to manually launch the script.
On Onecosmic rc4.1

Last edited:

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010
I suggest to use "Tasker" to execute the script everytime an app is installed so there's no need to manually launch the script.
On Onecosmic rc4.1
unfortunately that won't work, as the folders that need to be moved are only created once the app is opened and used. a better bet would be to set the script up to run periodically. tasker can do this with ASE scripts but i couldn't get ASE to run the script. let me know if you can.

Besthiroeu

Apr 18, 2011
I get a error in gscript after running script:
"stderr: Error: </data/data> is symbolic link, aborting"

What am I doing wrong? :D

Last edited:

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010
I get a error in gscript after running script:
"stderr: Error: </data/data> is symbolic link, aborting"

What am I doing wrong? :D
Which ROM are you using? Did you already do the touch /datadata/.nodatadata + reboot step?

Use ES File Explorer (my favourite) or any other root explorer, and have a look at your /datadata partitions and /data/data partition? Is the second just a symbolic link to the first?

Reactions: Besthiroeu

Besthiroeu

Apr 18, 2011
Which ROM are you using? Did you already do the touch /datadata/.nodatadata + reboot step?

Use ES File Explorer (my favourite) or any other root explorer, and have a look at your /datadata partitions and /data/data partition? Is the second just a symbolic link to the first?
Forgot to mention CM9, I didnt use .nodatadata before.

kosmas75

Jan 31, 2012
I used the guide and everything seems to work well for me.
Some minor thing :Yesterday when i uninstalled chrome beta i notised in /datadata/ that the folder(com.android.chrome) of the application is still there and in /data/data/ it Wasn't . Is this normal? Should i manually delete what is leftover in datadata everytime i unistall something ?

Last edited:

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010
I used the guide and everything seems to work well for me.
Some minor thing :Yesterday when i uninstalled chrome beta i notised in /datadata/ that the folder(com.android.chrome) of the application is still there and in /data/data/ it Wasn't . Is this normal? Should i manually delete what is leftover in datadata everytime i unistall something ?
A very good point - I may have to update the script :)

In the meantime it's nothing to worry about. The system doesn't even know that those folders are there (and they take up next to no space).

nixd

Sep 3, 2010
Istanbul
All media gone

OK, I used the script by following the steps. And it seems OK for now. The "low space" nuisance is gone etc.

BUT, I have lost all media. On boot, none of the music / images / videos are detected by the apps who use them (Gallery, UberMusic, etc.) But when I check with a file manager, they're there. (yet, they're not seen as media)

I wiped the Media Storage app's data and rebooted, still the same.

This wasn't the case before I applied the script.

It seems one other guy on this thread has had this issue but his issue resolved itself with a reboot. I guess I'm not that lucky.

Can you think any way out?

revthanki

Apr 9, 2010
OK, I used the script by following the steps. And it seems OK for now. The "low space" nuisance is gone etc.

BUT, I have lost all media. On boot, none of the music / images / videos are detected by the apps who use them (Gallery, UberMusic, etc.) But when I check with a file manager, they're there. (yet, they're not seen as media)

I wiped the Media Storage app's data and rebooted, still the same.

This wasn't the case before I applied the script.

It seems one other guy on this thread has had this issue but his issue resolved itself with a reboot. I guess I'm not that lucky.

Can you think any way out?
Try wiping gallery, music and rebooting again. Also go into Dev Tools, Media Provider and click scan SD Card.

beatimgame

Oct 27, 2010
Kötegyán
Is that normal to have 2040 points at Quadrant after using this no-lag solution, without overclock. Before that I could only reach 1700 with 130% Live oc.
I'm using teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA, BETA 16 with Icy Glitch V14.

Last edited:

Funnnny

Jan 27, 2011
Hanoi
nguyenthanhcong.com
Is that normal to have 2040 points at Quadrant after using this no-lag solution, without overclock. Before that I could only reach 1700 with 130% Live oc.
I'm using teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA, BETA 16 with Icy Glitch V14.
That's normal, with /datadata on /data partition, you will get a big score in database read/write test. This is why quadrant score is useless ;)

iRS_

Sep 14, 2010
Bucharest
That's normal, with /datadata on /data partition, you will get a big score in database read/write test. This is why quadrant score is useless ;)
quadrant standard is useless but quadrant advanced is not useless :D

in quadrant standard u see only the total score but in quadrant advanced u see the cpu/mem/io/2d/3d scores individually, so if u oc ur cpu and don't use lag-fix u will se high cpu score and low io score but if u use lag-fix and don't oc ur cpu u se lower cpu score and MUCH higher io score and because of this total score bigger with no oc but with lag-fix.