Inactive Recognized Developer
- Feb 19, 2010
- All Scripts in a unique AROMA Installer
- ROM Cleaner - Will remove as much as possible without breaking HTC Sense Launcher and Widgets! This is the best way to come close to a no-sense ROM and still use HTC Sense!
- ROM Cleaner NO-Sense - Will remove pretty much everything and replace HTC Sense launcher
with APEX, NOVA, GO Launcher EX or Holo HD it's all up to you!
- ROM Cleaner CM-AOSP - Will let you to remove what's possible to remove from a already slimmed ROM and you will get the option to install a secondary launcher.
- Fully compatible with Sense 4.0, 4.1, 4.5, 4+, 5 CM, AOSP & AOKP ROMs
- ROMCleaner app-list in a user friendly format
- Backup Tool will make your flashing like "a walk in the park"
- Follow our "Quick Guide" in the AROMA Installer under "How-to-use" and you will know when and how to run the scripts
- For more details read the guide in second post
Also read these nice articles!
XDA Front Page!
XDA Front Page!
- very nice, simple and fast way to delete stuff from your device
- takes less then 5 seconds to delete all the listed applications and files in the list
- no trash left behind as it would be if you delete files manually using Root Explorer
- more free RAM for apps that you are actually using
- users have reported better battery life and device speed improvements with ROM Cleaner
- If you get some kind of issue after flashing ROM Cleaner, re-flash the ROM and check if the issue still exists.
- Don't spam ROM development threads about issues caused by this script.
- Always report problems in this thread and we will most likely help you as fast as we can.
- Please always respect our work and be friendly and helpful to other members in this thread.
How to report a problem:
- Flash ROMCleaner_vX.X.zip in recovery
- In main menu and press "Log Collection".
- When done, reboot the device from "Advanced Power Menu".
- In "/sdcard/ROMCleaner" you will find RC_LogCollection.*.tar. Please upload this file together with a description of your problem.
With this log we can in - most cases - solve your problem within minutes!
If you ignore this simple instruction, you will most likely get no help from us!
ROM Cleaner v4.0 Only for Sense 5 users!
ROMCleaner_user.txt Use this together with ROM Cleaner (Sense)
NO-Sense_user.txt Use this together with ROM Cleaner (NO-Sense)
CM-AOSP_user.txt Use this together with ROM Cleaner (CM-AOSP)
ROM Cleaner v3.6 Only for Sense 4 users!
ROMCleaner_user.txt Use this together with ROM Cleaner v3.6 (Sense)
NO-Sense_user.txt Use this together with ROM Cleaner v3.6 (NO-Sense)
>Follow instructions in second post how to edit this to fit your demands...
Also make sure to use Notepad++ when editing ROMCleaner_user.txt in Windows.
Requirements: CWM Recovery, TWRP
[SIZE=2][COLOR="royalblue"][B]ROM Cleaner v4.0 - 2013-10-06[/B][/COLOR] -[B]Common[/B] *Updated AROMA binary to 2.70 RC2 *Almost every script has been edited to work with the new ROM Cleaner standard. *First screen will show ROMCleaner path and your *_user.txts. *Plus everything that I have forgoten about... ( several weeks of work, new born baby etc. :p ) -[B]ROM Cleaner (Sense / NO-Sense)[/B] *Complete update to work with Sense 5 *New layout for user.txt (Please leave feeback) -[B]Updated all launchers[/B] _______________________________________________________________________________ [COLOR="royalblue"][B]ROM Cleaner v3.6 FINAL2 - 2013-07-25[/B][/COLOR] -[B]Common[/B] *Updated AROMA binary to 2.70Beta6 (stable) *All scripts are now using built-in Busybox for (aroma-installer and updater-script) *First screen will now show if needed partitions are mounted. If not you will be notified! *Added a "free space" calculator to show how many "MB" ROM Cleaner removed. It will also show how many files and apps it removed. *Refined the status messages for ROM Cleaner, now it will print [I]"-ROM Cleaner was successful!"[/I] - All OK [I]"-There was nothing to remove by ROM Cleaner"[/I] - All OK, (did you forget to flash a ROM?) ;) [I]"-ROM Cleaner Failed!"[/I] - This means the script didn't execute at all. *Corrected odex files remover. (if the appname contained "()" it resulted in syntax error) *Some other changes to the AROMA and scripts. -[B]Additional Scripts[/B] *Added a confirm button for "Additional Scripts" > "Run all scripts in one GO!" *You will get a warning message if you use HTC Setup Wizard remover before first boot. -[B]ROM Cleaner (NO-Sense)[/B] *Added a summary for NO-Sense users, so we can see what you have done outside the updater-script. -[B]Updated all launchers[/B] _______________________________________________________________________________ [COLOR="royalblue"][B]ROM Cleaner v3.5 FINAL - 2013-03-09[/B][/COLOR] -[B]Common[/B] *Added screen brightness menu for recovery (no more tearing eyes while flashing in the dark) :p By default recovery will be dimmed to 50% (Thanks MarckX for the icons) *Removed exit/reboot animations to speed up things a bit *Removed unused *.sh scripts from the zip *ROM Cleaner (Sense/NO-Sense/CM-AOSP) will now read from the ROMCleaner.log and based on the result, print a status message in recovery This method will be much more accurate and there's no more need to have the "test" line in your *_user.txt as before *If you have removed Setup Wizard and then perform a ROM update without wipe, ROM Cleaner will remove the Setup Wizard. This just to prevent black screen after dirty flash. *Added more logging code: List all apps in /system and /data before and after ROM Cleaner -[B]Backup Tool[/B] *Added "exit to recovery" option after "Backup Tool" *Removed some unnecessary files from Rosie backup script *Added more logging code: List all apps in /data/app before backup and after backup in backup dir -[B]Additional Scripts[/B] *Added "reboot device" option after "Run all scripts in one GO!" -[B]ROM Cleaner (Sense)[/B] *Minor changes -[B]ROM Cleaner (NO-Sense)[/B] *Changed the lockscreen options menu. If you pick HTC Lockscreen, HTC Lockscreen Shorcut Provider by itandy will be installed directly. If you pick AOSP lockscreen and then want to restore HTC Lockscreen again, the app will be uninstalled. Also the Lockscreen menu will always be available even if you have set AOSP LS. -[B]ROM Cleaner (CM-AOSP)[/B] [COLOR="RED"]NEW[/COLOR] *This version should be used with CyanogenMod, AOSP or AOKP ROMs *Option to install secondary launcher -[B]Updated all launchers[/B] _______________________________________________________________________________ [URL="http://www.androidrevolution.nl/Patrics83/ROM Cleaner and Addons/OneX/changelog.txt"][B][COLOR="royalblue"]Full changelog...[/COLOR][/B][/URL] [/SIZE]
Please feel free to use our banner made by craacK
Thanks a lot for all donations
MarckX x2 | Tomi Mykrä x2 | craacK x1 | Anthony Hogan x1 | Pietrorlando Giordano x1 | Mastacheata x1
preacher65 x1 | PaulGiz x1 | avatar_ro x1 | verynuclear x1 | JagSem x1 | Clarifiante x1 | Rosete Ryan Kim x1
Xphoid x1 | rayford85 x1 | Simi007 x2 | z31s1g x1 | malybru x1 | HTC-Gunge x1 | Laurentius26 x1 | tossero x1
jeryx x1 | mrdey x1 | Imex99 x1 | rib king x1 | Gandicela x1 | Zelmer x1
Thanks to all beta testers of ROM Cleaner v2.0
MarckX for all the help with development and testing
Dude360 who made a great work building this tool with me.
craacK for all the help with the development and graphics
amarullz for the AROMA Installer
Madmaxx82 for his script skills and help making this one fly
Mike1986 & lukogriffioen for inspiration.
The rest of Team Revolution for supporting me.
Special thanks goes to Whiskey103 for hosting my files.
And of course to everyone who supports our work.