RobbysLife.com
This tool will grant you Super CID on your HTC Device

Tested on the following devices:
HTC One M7_UL
HTC One X/XL Evita

supercidtn.jpg
supercidtn2.jpg

What is a CID?

CID lock (aka vendor lock): Carrier Id - put on your device by the manufacturer to prevent installation of a ROM not released by them. Commonly used in the form `CID-Unlocking`. If you purchase your phone (example) from 3Mobile (3Mobile is the ‘carrier’), your phone will only accept 3Mobile ROMs (the carrier’s ROMs). If you want to flash ROMs from other carrier, you’ll need to CID-unlock your phone, so that your phone will accept other ROMs. All bootloaders (apart from HardSPL and SSPL) will only allow a ROM with the correct CID to be flashed onto the device. A device which has been CID unlocked will have ‘SuperCID’ which allows ANY ROM to be loaded onto the device, SuperCID also unlocks the Ext_ROM and allows it to be mounted. Note: In general, the phrase ‘unlock your phone’ usually refers to SIM-unlock, not CID unlock.

What is Super CID?

SuperCID : by CID unlocking your device the value of the CID is changed to SuperCID . This allows the flashing of ANY ROM/RUU to the device regardless of the carrier and also unlocks the read/write capability of the Ext_ROM.

How to use the script?

Download the attached file
Extract the file
boot your phone into bootloader
Run the script and follow the on screen instructions

How do i get my phone into bootloader?

Power down the device
hold vol down and power at the same time

You can get the script and full CID guide here Click ME

Last edited:

kelvintisw

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
So to say that my One is HTC_044 which is limited to RUU 1.29.707.16 flashing at the moment.

So, with S-Off, I can now flash any RUU available without any worry of bricking my One?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
So to say that my One is HTC_044 which is limited to RUU 1.29.707.16 flashing at the moment.

So, with S-Off, I can now flash any RUU available without any worry of bricking my One?

In theory yes, I have not done it yet to my One but on my One X i had the AT&T Model and i was flashing HTC Asia RUU's no problem. The mount points do not change

breadtreemike

Feb 9, 2012
that is the rom reporting back from what is written, flash something like aosp and it will say something different.

really?ya will wait for next update hope it will come something I wanna miss

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

thx for sharing..will have a try

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

hey man it works great here..thx for sharing..

ratykat

Feb 8, 2008
Maybe I'm being a bit daft but surely supercid needs root? So how dies you bootloader say locked not tampered?

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com

You dont need that to run ruus. It is risky and could brick your phone if you mess up. I've personaly trried it without that 2nd method and it works fine. I am on ATT and installed Developer ruu with the fastboot supercid method. Getprop still show CWS__001. Only thing that is good for is changing data icons from 4.2 roms..
I can almost guarantee someone bricks their phone, just takes 1 wrong character..

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Maybe I'm being a bit daft but surely supercid needs root? So how dies you bootloader say locked not tampered?

becase with s-off you can fix the tampered flag. :D

Last edited:

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
After super Cid 11111111 my phone, I can't receive any call, so I had return to my old Cid HTC_044, my phone was became normal, can receive call. How to solve this trouble, please help.

Someone will figure out what is causing the issue soon enough but For now, just leave it as HTC__044. Change cid to 11111111 if you need to install an unsupported ruu. No benefit from just having supercid, you gotta use it to benefit.

Reactions: ntt2006

iamaniff

Apr 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
After super Cid 11111111 my phone, I can't receive any call, so I had return to my old Cid HTC_044, my phone was became normal, can receive call. How to solve this trouble, please help.

I come from hTC_044. No issue with super CID

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

I must follow this step for complete super CID? Anyone
9evu5eve.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ntt2006

ac3kill

Mar 15, 2011
OKC
Will you get ota updates with developer ruu if you just change the first cid ?
There's a zip to change data icons in 4.2.2 already. I see no benefit in doing 2nd cid unless that's only way I can get ota.
Cuz I can do it but don't want to if I don't have to
Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
There's a zip to change data icons in 4.2.2 already. I see no benefit in doing 2nd cid unless that's only way I can get ota.

I'm testing this now. Downloading older dev edition ruu. going to install on my ATT one that has just the fastboot cid changed. Then check for OTA. Should know in about 30 minutes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool will grant you Super CID on your HTC Device

Tested on the following devices:
    HTC One M7_UL
    HTC One X/XL Evita

supercidtn.jpg
    supercidtn2.jpg

What is a CID?

CID lock (aka vendor lock): Carrier Id - put on your device by the manufacturer to prevent installation of a ROM not released by them. Commonly used in the form `CID-Unlocking`. If you purchase your phone (example) from 3Mobile (3Mobile is the ‘carrier’), your phone will only accept 3Mobile ROMs (the carrier’s ROMs). If you want to flash ROMs from other carrier, you’ll need to CID-unlock your phone, so that your phone will accept other ROMs. All bootloaders (apart from HardSPL and SSPL) will only allow a ROM with the correct CID to be flashed onto the device. A device which has been CID unlocked will have ‘SuperCID’ which allows ANY ROM to be loaded onto the device, SuperCID also unlocks the Ext_ROM and allows it to be mounted. Note: In general, the phrase ‘unlock your phone’ usually refers to SIM-unlock, not CID unlock.

What is Super CID?

SuperCID : by CID unlocking your device the value of the CID is changed to SuperCID . This allows the flashing of ANY ROM/RUU to the device regardless of the carrier and also unlocks the read/write capability of the Ext_ROM.

How to use the script?

Download the attached file
    Extract the file
    boot your phone into bootloader
    Run the script and follow the on screen instructions

How do i get my phone into bootloader?

Power down the device
    hold vol down and power at the same time

You can get the script and full CID guide here Click ME
    Just wanted to come in, a warning in the OP might be in order.

First off, there's absolutely -zero- reason for you to change CID on your phone. S-OFF provides all you need, unsigned RUU flashes, firmware flashing, the works. There's zero need for you to SuperCID for that. (If all else fails, hell, you could even change the android-info.txt and add your CID and re-zip. signing isn't an issue anymore due to S-OFF.)

Second, SuperCID might impair your ability to receive OTA updates. OTA updates are distributed through a combination of current software version, model ID and CID.
    HTC can just decide not to distribute OTA notifications to people with model ID xxxx and SuperCID.

Third, some of the people on CDMA networks may have bigger issues when their service is tied to the model ID and CID of the phone. Phone service may stop working altogether when changing the CID from $whatever_network_you're_on (I'm looking at you, Sprint) to SuperCID, or may require line re-activation.

My point being, people think SuperCID somehow adds value to an already S-OFF phone. It doesn't.

Just my two cents, ignore if you will, be warned all the same.
    John man :( I dont know if you're aware, somebody is gonna get burned by the hex edit method. Its absolutely cosmetic. It doesn't effect anything CID related. Fastboot oem writecid does it all. XSMagical said on page 1 that that cid (mmcblk0p19 ) even changes with some roms.. Hex editing just so an app says you have supercid is just wrong. I know you are careful, but a lot of people have never hex edited anything and when a respectable RC like yourself touts a method like this, then noobs are gonna try it. fastboot oem writecid is simple and easy. You know just 1 wrong edit on mmcblk0p19 and you can have a paperweight. You can install any RUU and matching OTA without hex edit. As long as its the correct MID. I installed Dev ruu while having ATT CID in mmcblk0p19 so i know first hand it's not needed.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Nice to know. I wasn't aware of all of that, about adding CID to the android-info.txt and re-zipping. I definitely knew the hex edit method for changing the CID at mmcblk0p19 was unnecessary. I know a lot of people want to change CID to a device that gets Updates quicker, which isnt supercid its just changing the cid. (No OTA's with supercid) But i guess other than the OTA reason, there isnt a need to change CID if the android.txt tip works. How would you edit the android-info.txt in a ruu.exe? Or would you need the zip version from HTC Dev?

I did that fast boot oem writecid first. If I get bit for changing both then I learn my lesson but as of now all is well. I will see if I crash in flames later. I was only touting the instructions from cyber6 being precise because when I tried to get help with my first s off and fastboot oem writecid I got my head bit off and was told I shouldn't even be doing it because I asked a few questions in the thread regarding the topic because my laptop wouldn't pass step 6. Finally someone was nice enough to help out and a subsequent update was released for people getting freezes. I sometimes forget people will follow my lead. I didn't think anyone who wasn't 100% sure about it would proceed. I thought I was the only one because I was told about it before it was posted here

Anyone who is considering this heed the warnings above and hang back because it wasn't a walk in the park. Big thanks to nugzo for what is the most informative post I have read regarding the subject thus far:thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

In theory yes, I have not done it yet to my One but on my One X i had the AT&T Model and i was flashing HTC Asia RUU's no problem. The mount points do not change

I'm testing this now. Downloading older dev edition ruu. going to install on my ATT one that has just the fastboot cid changed. Then check for OTA. Should know in about 30 minutes.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone