[SCRIPT] SuperWipe Script. Always use before flashing ROMs!

Search This thread

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Given permission by mike1986. to port over his SuperWipe script from his ARHD ROMs. So all credits to him and his team.
Thanks to blazingwolf for testing!

SuperWipe is used to clean your current phone partitions to make it ready for a brand new ROM version to be installed.

So before you flash any ROMs, flash the SuperWipe script in recovery. It will wipe out the partitions and reboot back into recovery. Make sure you flash a ROM or else you can't boot up! (Unless you flash an RUU)

Attachments

• SuperWipe.zip
    144.1 KB · Views: 6,099

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Given permission by mike1986. to port over his SuperWipe script from his ARHD ROMs. So all credits to him and his team.

So before you flash any ROMs, flash the SuperWipe script in recovery. It will wipe out the partitions and reboot back into recovery. Make sure you flash a ROM or else you can't boot up! (Unless you flash an RUU)

so instead of having to manually wipe before a new ROM, can just flash this in recovery?
bad ass, thanks man.
I miss the "wipe all function" back in the modified CWM recovery for inc2 lol.
im old school.

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
Im curious. If i use the wipe function on my recovery would this be necessary? I have been told that the wipe from that is more than enough and that im ignorant to believe otherwise.
On another note, i used this and it didnt boot back into recovery. I had to manually boot into bootloader to get back. Kinda scared me for a second.
It worked fine tho, just that it booted to a black screen.
Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

mdmower

Sep 14, 2011
Do NOT use this on any phone except for the Droid Incredible 4G LTE. You can brick your phone for erasing the wrong partitions!

Maybe you could consider adding this to the beginning of your script?
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") =="fireball" || getprop("ro.product.board") =="fireball")

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Im curious. If i use the wipe function on my recovery would this be necessary? I have been told that the wipe from that is more than enough and that im ignorant to believe otherwise.
On another note, i used this and it didnt boot back into recovery. I had to manually boot into bootloader to get back. Kinda scared me for a second.

Here's the short version of what the script does. You can make the judgement call yourself since you've touted your skills previously:

Code:
run_program("/sbin/erase_image", "cache");
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p34");

run_program("/sbin/erase_image", "system");
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p33");

run_program("/sbin/erase_image", "userdata");
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p35");

run_program("/sbin/erase_image", "boot");

delete_recursive("/sdcard/.android_secure");
delete_recursive("/sdcard/.bookmark_thumb1");
delete_recursive("/sdcard/.data/footprints");
delete_recursive("/sdcard/.data/mail");
delete_recursive("/sdcard/Android/data/com.android.providers.media");
delete_recursive("/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget.news-content-cache");
delete_recursive("/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.maps");
delete_recursive("/sdcard/.data/navigator/Data/Temporary");
delete_recursive("/sdcard/LazyList");
delete_recursive("/sdcard/LOST.DIR");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "cp", "/tmp/recovery.log", "/sdcard/superwipe.log");

Reactions: nitsuj17

jose51197

Jan 15, 2012
Cartago
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") =="fireball" || getprop("ro.product.board") =="fireball")

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Here's the short version of what the script does. You can make the judgement call yourself since you've touted your skills previously:

Code:

delete_recursive("/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget.news-content-cache");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "cp", "/tmp/recovery.log", "/sdcard/superwipe.log");

Dont deletr androis secure dir cause that will cause problema while flashing betwen roms

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SuperWipe is used to clean your current phone partitions to make it ready for a brand new ROM version to be installed.

Do NOT use this on any phone except for the Droid Incredible 4G LTE. You can brick your phone for erasing the wrong partitions!

Code:

Code: