[SCRIPT] [TOOL] Fire TV Firmware restore, ota blocker, root, CWM Recovery, Boot Menu

Search This thread

Tomsgt

Warning use this tool at your own risk i am not responsible for you bricking your device
That being said lets talk about what this does and how it works :)

see picture
ftv.PNG
View attachment 3072502

How it works
1. your Fire TV Must have root and busy box installed plus adb network turned on for this to work
2. click on 2 amazon fire tv firmware installer.bat
3. follow script to install everything you will need
4. if you are having trouble watch my youtube video

Tool Options
1 Root device
2. install fire tv launcher
3. disable ota updates
4. install cwm recovery
5. firmware downgrade and restore to software version 51.1.0.2_user_510058520 for CWM recovery install
6. unlock the bootloader
7. Install custom boot menu
8. Install Pre Rooted Stock rom update bueller-51.1.4.0_514006420

Newest versoin V6
CHANGE LOG
V1 release
V2
added root
added firedtv launcher
added ota disable
cleaned up tool
new interface
V3
total rework
added CWM recovery
added recovery restore as part of firmware restore
V4
added option 6 unlock the partially bootloader
V5
updated CWM recovery file
added Boot menu install option to tool
V5.1
added full bootloader unlock to the tool
V6
Added option 8 install prerooted stock rom. flashing this file will update you to bueller-51.1.4.0_514006420

Link to script tool HERE
Firmware is include in the Super Tool from V3 on
Mirror backup server
http://www.rootjunky.com/backup-file-server/

Video on how to use this script tool
Amazon Fire TV Firmware installer Tool

CREDITS
RBOX for all his work on the Fire TV
http://www.aftvnews.com/ For some great post and tutorials that helped me make this tool

Attachments

• ftv1.PNG
    ftv1.PNG
    68.3 KB · Views: 7,847
Last edited:

rp201

Dec 18, 2010
Warning use this tool at your own risk i am not responsible for you bricking your device

see picture
View attachment 2829336

How it works
1. your Fire TV Must have root and busy box installed plus adb network turned on for this to work
2. Download the firmware from Rootjunkysdl.com; example bueller-ota-51.1.1.0_user_511069920-signed.bin
3. then rename firmware to update.zip
4. place update.zip in folder with batch files
5. click on 2 amazon fire tv firmware installer.bat
6. follow script to install
7. if you are having trouble watch my youtube video

Link to script tool HERE

Nice!
Can you tell me how long it takes to copy file over wifi?

I had an idea to do this with the files manually copied to the usb drive. I wanted the instructions to be where the user copies the script file to a thumb drive along with one or all of the bueller.xxxxx.bin files. the script does a list of bin files in current director and and lists them with numbers and waits for user to enter a number to select the file of choice (this allows for downgrading also.) it then performs actions. chmod, echo then cp and reboot in the script file. this should be rather easy for someone who has scripting skills with input & variables in android.

mjbxx

Jun 18, 2014
NC
update.zip Did Not Convert

I copied this firmware update, bueller-ota-51.1.1.0_user_511069920-signed.bin, to the Fire TV Firmware Restore Tool and renamed it to update.zip. I did not get the popup regarding changing the extension. And the update.zip file remains with a .bin extension as seen below. Any ideas on why it did not convert?

update.PNG

Skater4599

Sep 4, 2010
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks, I had tried to do the manual upgrade one my 2nd fire tv and it was not working for some reason, this did the trick and was easy to use. Ended up getting the firmware updated and the remote upgrade for both my fire TV's so thanks for this!

Tomsgt

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks, I had tried to do the manual upgrade one my 2nd fire tv and it was not working for some reason, this did the trick and was easy to use. Ended up getting the firmware updated and the remote upgrade for both my fire TV's so thanks for this!

glad you like the tool i am thinking about expanding it to do more. we will see

mjbxx

Jun 18, 2014
NC
Will this work?

I set Windows 7 to show extensions for known file types. I then changed the name to update.zip and it converted to a compressed zip file. Below is what is showing in the Fire TV Firmware Restore Tool.

zip.PNG

And below is the content of the update.zip folder.

zip2.PNG

Can I proceed with the firmware upgrade? I am somewhat concerned because your video shows the update.zip file type to be to be "ZIP File" where as my file type is "Compressed (zipped) Folder (.zip)" .

Tomsgt

I set Windows 7 to show extensions for known file types. I then changed the name to update.zip and it converted to a compressed zip file. Below is what is showing in the Fire TV Firmware Restore Tool.

View attachment 2831213

And below is the content of the update.zip folder.

View attachment 2831219

Can I proceed with the firmware upgrade? I am somewhat concerned because your video shows the update.zip file type to be to be "ZIP File" where as my file type is "Compressed (zipped) Folder (.zip)" .

looks good to me

mjbxx

Jun 18, 2014
NC
Finally Have The New Firmware Update

Took the plunge with Amazon Fire TV Firmware Installer Tool and installed the latest firmware update. It worked like a charm. It really bothered me that this update was taking so long to arrive and now I finally have it. BTW, you will also have immediate access to the remote control firmware update as well, by going into KFTV settings. Thanks for providing a video tutorial and the tool necessary for achieving this milestone for me.

Tomsgt

Took the plunge with Amazon Fire TV Firmware Installer Tool and installed the latest firmware update. It worked like a charm. It really bothered me that this update was taking so long to arrive and now I finally have it. BTW, you will also have immediate access to the remote control firmware update as well, by going into KFTV settings. Thanks for providing a video tutorial and the tool necessary for achieving this milestone for me.
Glad I could help :)

MadFlava

Jul 5, 2008
Any chance you can add in StickMount and moving apps to an external drive? Thats the next big thing I want to do. It would be awesome if it could be automated, then I could install XBMC as my dashboard and be all set. Im holding off installing XBMC just because there is so little storage space on the FireTV.

apazrjon

Aug 27, 2013
Hey there this seems like a great tool! But, having a bit of an issue right now. My FTV is rooted with busy box installed. I ran the firmware update tool and everything seemed to go as planned, but my FTV in recovery said the update not successful and rebooted into the old firmware. Now I do have Xposed installed with some modules and XBMC launcher also installed and running. I also have the OTA update also disabled. Would these things cause this error? Any help is much appreciated! Cheers

mikespe

Dec 19, 2010
I used version 2 of the tool and it worked GREAT!!!! I will say it DID take a while to upload the firmware to the point I thought something went wrong. It took about 23 minutes before I saw the install screen on my TV...BUT it DID work!!!!!!! Thanks for making this script!!!

Tomsgt

I used version 2 of the tool and it worked GREAT!!!! I will say it DID take a while to upload the firmware to the point I thought something went wrong. It took about 23 minutes before I saw the install screen on my TV...BUT it DID work!!!!!!! Thanks for making this script!!!

glad you like it. my fire tv is ethernet cabled not wifi and the upload is only about a minute :)

davekaz

Oct 28, 2013
glad you like it. my fire tv is ethernet cabled not wifi and the upload is only about a minute :)

does not work with latest update . comes back and states did not install updates
Im about to send this one back
cant get netflix to work unable to connect try again bull
everything else works rooted google and netflix i downloaded but you need a mouse
I figured i'd downgrade the firmware and start there to see if that would make a difference

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

see picture
    ftv.PNG
    View attachment 3072502

How it works
    2. click on 2 amazon fire tv firmware installer.bat
    3. follow script to install everything you will need
    4. if you are having trouble watch my youtube video

Tool Options
    1 Root device
    2. install fire tv launcher
    3. disable ota updates
    4. install cwm recovery
    5. firmware downgrade and restore to software version 51.1.0.2_user_510058520 for CWM recovery install
    6. unlock the bootloader
    7. Install custom boot menu
    8. Install Pre Rooted Stock rom update bueller-51.1.4.0_514006420

Newest versoin V6
    CHANGE LOG
    V1 release
    V2
    added root
    added firedtv launcher
    added ota disable
    cleaned up tool
    new interface
    V3
    total rework
    added CWM recovery
    added recovery restore as part of firmware restore
    V4
    added option 6 unlock the partially bootloader
    V5
    updated CWM recovery file
    added Boot menu install option to tool
    V5.1
    added full bootloader unlock to the tool
    V6
    Added option 8 install prerooted stock rom. flashing this file will update you to bueller-51.1.4.0_514006420

Link to script tool HERE
    Firmware is include in the Super Tool from V3 on
    Mirror backup server
    http://www.rootjunky.com/backup-file-server/

CREDITS
    RBOX for all his work on the Fire TV
    http://www.aftvnews.com/ For some great post and tutorials that helped me make this tool
    I just setup a hotspot using my phone. You can put it in airplane mode before hand if you don't want to get updates.

Mine updated and I really don't care. It is working great for what I use it as.
    Script tool updated with lots of new stuff check it out HERE V2
    didn't work for me either says update unsuccessful. think it is because i did the disable ota before trying to downgrade. Anyway to enable the ota to try again?

sorry its been so long. I just updated this tool to a new version 3 and it has lots of new features and a cleaner downgrade and restore feature. please check it out
    maybe a stupid question but does this work on the latest fire TV+latest firmware?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone