[SCRIPT/TOOL] kn0x0ut Toolbox - Install custom roms, mods + more and KEEP WARRANTY!!!

Search This thread

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the

kn0x0ut Toolbox v2.30!
(complete, with knox 0x0 reference! hehe)​

This script/toolbox allows you to install custom roms, and mods that you would normally have to flash with custom recovery.
(aroma installer and other magic like that gets ignored, but the aroma mods can usually be installed manually on a second run)

On top of that it allows you to create and restore backups of your system and data partition. (for "online" restore without needing custom recovery)

As we (hopefully) all know, if you want to keep knox warranty void at 0x0 you cannot use a custom recovery or kernel....

But let me start with a few words of warning:

Dont do anything obviously stupid...there are no safe-wheels for most commands.
(for example: dont "clean-base" or use "rom-install" without actually installing a new rom or you will most likely end up without system apps and device not booting correctly - like you wouldnt wipe system in a custom recovery without installing a rom...).

It can be used over adb or terminal, but if you install a rom the system ui gets stopped, so better do it over adb!

kn0x0ut toolbox is 100% safe for your device - no hardbrick or efs clear possible by using it!

The worst thing that can happen when using the kn0x0ut toolbox is that you have to factory reset or flash again with odin, so keep the odin file close. (at best this is a custom made RDLV odin.tar.md5 you used to upgrade your rom version with - or for people who have to use other methods because of the new bootloader - keep the last odin file close you used to upgrade also.. and the root method that worked for you)

This whole thing "programmed" on/for a N9005 but in theory it should work for all samsung devices - including the other knox enabled devices and even on many other devices. (but it might need some adjustments, so be careful and have a way to restore your stock rom before you try anything fancy with other devices)

If your knox warranty is already void aka 0x1 then you can still use the toolbox and its mods (some could actually be useful to anyone..) but it won't bring back the warranty.

I didn't really create this thing for me actually - I already did the all steps the toolbox can do by hand with adb terminal on my device (and perfected my method with lots of trial and error..), but I wanted you guys to also be able to enjoy custom roms while keeping your knox warranty intact and show samsung a big FU for putting us through this BS in the first place...

If you like the toolbox and appreciate the work I put into this please consider buying me a beer or hitting the thanks button at least.

---

This kn0x0ut toolbox itself requires root access (if you want to be able to install mods and files you need to be able to mount system writable)!

You will have to use "Root de la vega" or some other method to get rooted while keeping your warranty intact.

IF YOU GET "PERMISSIONS DENIED" ERRORS, PLEASE TRY THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS TO REMOUNT YOUR SYSTEM WRITABLE:
(please try them all, and report back in the thread which one works, and which fail or get permission denied)

Code:
mount -o rw,remount /system

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p23 /system

---

How to use:

Extract the download from below to the root of your internal or external sd card.
The script will try to detect the folder first on the external and then on the internal sd.
(/mnt/extSdCard/kn0x0ut or /sdcard/kn0x0ut)

Then browse into that directory with terminal or adb shell and type:

Code:
sh kn0x0ut.sh

and you will get all the commands supported currently.

---

You can then use the command
Code:
sh kn0x0ut.sh kn0x0ut
to install the script to your system's xbin folder and create a symlink to "/system/xbin/knoxout" as well.
(if you want to upgrade kn0x0ut from an older version, make sure you delete all the duplicate old files from the kn0x0ut folder - basically everything but the "processed" and the backup folders if you have them, and replace them with the files from the latest versions download. Then re-run the "sh kn0x0ut.sh kn0x0ut" command to update the kn0x0ut script in your system/xbin folder as well)

From then on you can just type
Code:
kn0x0ut <command>
or even easier:
Code:
knoxout <commands>

The script will automatically detect the kn0x0ut folder on the external or internal sd. (external has higher priority if both present)

To install a zip file meant to be flashed in CWM, you put in into the "put_files_folder". You can put zip, tar, tar.gz or already extracted files and folders into there.

---

To actually work, the files/folders must be in a certain stucture. The script expects already extracted files which get placed into the put_files_here folder to be in the structure like they would appear on the device.
Think of the "put_files_here" folder as the root folder - files get placed on the system in the same structure as if the put_files_folder was the rootfs "/". So if you got a subfolder system/app inside the put_files_here folder, the files inside it will get pushed to /system/app... Hope this makes any sense, else someone else pls try to explain it better.

(NOTE: The script will only install files, it wont do additional magic if there is any contained inside the zip like aroma installer - its mainly meant to speed up the process of installing mods and/roms that require system files to be replaced. (and some things might need to be done by hand, if you want enhanced functionalities from aroma installer)

If you have a zip that does not fully install, check out if there are any scripts inside etc. - and also check the "not_installed" folder which gets created after each installation.

If you want to install a rom, make sure you are on the same base version as the rom you are trying to install. So if you want to flash rom "xyz" based on MK2 then you gotta have stock, but rooted MK2 installed (with odin and RDLV for example). If you want to mix versions, you can try - but I can't tell if that actually works or causes problems - I just would skip the BS and make sure you got the right base rom installed with odin before tying to install a custom rom with kn0x0ut...

---

See 2nd post for current command list.

See 3rd post for current list of available mods.

See 4th post for more detailed command explanation.

See 5th post for download.

Last edited:

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
Code:
>>> commands <<<

Help:
-----
  help          - Display help
  listmods      - Display a list of all available mods

Backup:
-------
  backup-base   - Backup system app and framework files
  backup-efs    - Backup efs partition
  backup-system - Backup system partition
  backup-data   - Backup data partition
  backup-full   - Backup system and data partition

Installation / Restore:
-----------------------
  install      - Install contents of "put_files_here"
                 (place backup tar's there for restore)
                 For System Restore use "rom-install"!
                 For Data Restore run "clean-data" then "install"!
  rom-install  - As above but clean system apps, framework
                 and dalvik-cache before

Mod Installation:
-----------------
  mod=[mods] - Install specified mods (for multiple seperate with ',')

Special:
--------
  supersu      - Install supersu v1.80 to xbin (incl. init.d support for all kernels)
  busybox      - Install busybox v1.21.1 to xbin (incl. symlink-redirect)
  kn0x0ut      - Install kn0x0ut v2.30 to xbin
  fix_perm     - Install fix_permissions v2.10 to xbin
  backup_perm  - Install backup_permissions v2.00 to xbin

Cleaning:
-----------------------
  clean-dalvik - Clean dalvik-cache
  clean-base   - Clean system apps and framework (MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL NEW BEFORE REBOOT!)
  clean-data   - Clean data partition to restore from backup (leaves sdcard content alone)

Bloatware Removal:
------------------
  removebloat-cooolboy  - Remove most bloatware (based on CoOoL_BoY's bloatware remove script)
  removebloat-zroice    - Remove bloatware hardcore mode (beware - most google stuff gone except playstore)

>>> commands END <<<

Last edited:

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
Code:
>>> available mods <<<

Mod: acid
Description: ACID Audio Engine v5 (optimised for samsung)

Mod: acid_awesomebeats
Description: ACID Audio Engine AddOn - Awesome Beats

Mod: acid_noozxoide
Description: ACID Audio Engine AddOn - Noozxoide

Mod: aosp_browser
Description: AOSP Browser (with Google, Startpage & Startpage Mobile)

Mod: aosp_clock
Description: AOSP Clock (deinstall ClockPackage.apk if you want to use this)

Mod: bash
Description: BASH Shell

Mod: busybox
Description: busybox v1.21.1 (busybox.net) + special default symlink fixes

Mod: chronus
Description: Chronus Clock Widget

Mod: forcelte
Description: Init.d script to force lte on

Mod: onandroid
Description: onandroid script v9.20 + necessary binaries (mkyaffs2image, dedupe)

Mod: onandroid_n9005
Description: onandroid partition layout for N9005

Mod: openvpn
Description: openvpn binary v2.1.1 (statically linked, no libs necessary)

Mod: sqlite3
Description: sqlite3 binary + libs and init.d script to optimise db's at boot

Mod: zipalign
Description: zipalign binary + init.d script to run at boot (fixed to make it work!)

>>> available mods END <<<

Last edited:

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
Add ons and commands explained in detail:

1.) Fix permissions script is running after all the commands to ensure permissions are correct. You can also install the fix_permissions script as standalone command. (see command list)

2.) To install a rom or other cwm zip file put it into the "put_files_here" folder and run "install" or "rom-install" depending on what you want to do. You can also use this to restore system and data partition backups made by kn0x0ut or onandroid (those have to be in tar or tar.gz format).

3.) The busybox which gets installed is directly from busybox.net and has more commands than the "normal" busybox floating around from stericson.
Additionally if you use the "busybox" command some symlinks will get redirected from toolbox to busybox and give enhanced functions.
(for exampe: mv, cp, rmdir, rm, ...)

4.) "sqlite3" and "zipalign" will also install an init.d script so that they are running on system boot to optimize the dbs and/or zipalign the apks.

--- more to come ---

Last edited:

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
Current Version: v2.30

### Downloads ###

Please do link to this thread if you want to use the kn0x0ut toolbox for other projects.
(do not distribute kn0x0ut download links but instead link to this thread, not only for credits, but so people can report bugs etc in one place)

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND TRY TO REMOUNT YOUR SYSTEM WRITABLE BEFORE YOU TRY TO INSTALL A ROM! AND ONLY DO THAT OVER ADB SHELL!!!

>>> YOU HAVE TO RUN KN0X0UT AND ALL ITS COMMANDS AS ROOT USER IN TERMINAL OR OVER ADB SHELL. TO MAKE THE SHELL ROOT YOU HAVE TO TYPE "SU" AND THEN ENTER BEFORE USING ANY OF THE OTHER COMMANDS! <<<

kn0x0ut_2.31.zip - 14.84 MB

Do not run rom-install if any of the other commands fails, and please try them first. (at least busybox and supersu installation)

Last edited:

harosxcomp170

Jan 28, 2012
So if I already have Knox at 0x1 am I screwed?

Sent from my SM-N900TA running HyperDrive 3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
So if I already have Knox at 0x1 am I screwed?

well then this thing has no use to you, other than the addons and installing stuff on a running system instead of using custom recovery.

But it wont fix the knox warranty no. It just KEEPS it from getting tripped by allowing installs without custom recovery.

harosxcomp170

Jan 28, 2012
Now say if I odined back to completely stock with no root. Will that bring my Knox back to 0x0? Or has the damage already been done?

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
Now say if I odined back to completely stock with no root. Will that bring my Knox back to 0x0? Or has the damage already been done?

sorry to say, but gtfo with these questions inside this thread! knox 0x1 stays knox 0x1 - so far nothing gonna bring it back - ssheeesh this you should really know man. one lil google search gives you 100 threads about just that! (completely offtopic to this tool also... sorry but is this xda or android central?!)

harosxcomp170

Jan 28, 2012
Yea sorry about that I didn't know if there was a break through or something I bought my phone off swappa with knox already voided.

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
Yea sorry about that I didn't know if there was a break through or something I bought my phone off swappa with knox already voided.

well tbh, I wouldn't worry so much about it, I'm strongly considering to trip my flag to have custom kernel and recovery. This toolbox here can't fully replace it. But maybe we find a way to make our own signed kernels and/or recovieries or some other way around this knox warranty void bs.

My phone is still new and for such an expensive piece I rather don't risk anything before it's clear there are no bugs out or smth people dont yet know about (I mean with the hardware, not with my toolbox or smth). Plus its fun to try out whats possible.. (i learned so much about android and the shell by doin all this... good exercise hehe)

So until then I'll keep my warranty intact - and beside overclocking and some kernel tweaks and maybe easy nandroid backups/restore we can do quite alot.

---

@ the others with their flags still intact: Why so shy? Any success stories so far? This would get more attention if someone would confirm it working other than me hehe =). You all pushed me to make a script now use it! (try X-note for the start or smth .. thats what I'm using and it worked fine)

Last edited:

Maroc_Specops

Jan 16, 2012
Cf root will trip the KnoX.
But samsung accepts one time warranty even if u tripped it.

This is my 3rd note, in 3 executive years. Ive never needed warranty. The golden rule with Samsung phones is if it works (hardware), it will stay to work for years. Just like German Mercedes from the '80s and '90 s.

Greetsz

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

phil10

Jan 1, 2011
Belgium
but it's impossible to use your program without root? it's right. my phone it's already in rom MJ7, so, no soluce now to root without tripping the knox to 0x1..

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Will this wipe my phone? Dont wanna loose my data :D

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
no it wont wipe data partition.

If you just use the "install" command it wont wipe anything, just copy over and overwrite the files that exist.

If you use the "new_rom" command it will wipe the system apps and the framework before installing.

If you come from odexed and want to install deodexed version you must use the "new_rom" command or else you will have odex files and some incompatible system apps left.

---

I'm also working on a way to backup and restore system as well as data.

What I really would like to know is what happens if you create an odin image from your system partition and flash that back with odin or mobileodin. It would just "restore" the system to the state where you created the image, but the question is if that would trip knox or not.

To be honest I doubt it would, since we only install a system image back that was already "ok" for knox - you already got the custom system partition flag when one uses RDLV or somehow else attains root access because the system is not unmodified, so this wouldnt change anything.

The only problem with my thinking would be if odin / mobileodin implements a special check thats only triggered when you flash through it and which will then trigger the knox flag if it finds a custom image.

If you find any stories of people who just flashed a (custom) system image through odin or mobileodin please point me there. So this question can finally be answered fully.

If we could just flash system images with odin while leaving out kernel and recovery and keeping knox, this would make custom recovery obsolete kind of. The only thing we still couldnt do then would be to use custom kernel features. So please help me to find out!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phung and xcxa23

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Yeah

So will new rom erase
game saves
Sms
Installed apps
Settings?

Okay if i find such thread ill post or pm it to you

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
It shouldnt, although you might end up with other problems.. not 100% sure to be honest. (I only installed on freshly wiped device so far, or wiped afterwards etc, just to make sure)

Best thing to do is backup everything with titanium and then give it a try - but make sure you backup stuff to your external SD or copy it over to the pc, because the internal sd will get wiped if you have to factory reset. (just do a backup of everything with titanium and then copy the contents of your internal SD card (everything - to include game saves etc) to your pc.

If end up having to factory reset because of bugs from the old data you can just restore the apps with titanium and have your internal sd contents backed up.

---

If you give it a try (if you have the titanium backup and the internal sd contents you can always restore the old state at least) please report if you had to wipe data or if everything runs fine?

When I tested things around I did this already and the data stayed - but i did not test all the apps to really make sure.. so theres a small chance for problems - but I actually doubt it.

Reactions: Geeks11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the

kn0x0ut Toolbox v2.30!
    (complete, with knox 0x0 reference! hehe)​

This script/toolbox allows you to install custom roms, and mods that you would normally have to flash with custom recovery.
    (aroma installer and other magic like that gets ignored, but the aroma mods can usually be installed manually on a second run)

On top of that it allows you to create and restore backups of your system and data partition. (for "online" restore without needing custom recovery)

As we (hopefully) all know, if you want to keep knox warranty void at 0x0 you cannot use a custom recovery or kernel....

But let me start with a few words of warning:

Dont do anything obviously stupid...there are no safe-wheels for most commands.
    (for example: dont "clean-base" or use "rom-install" without actually installing a new rom or you will most likely end up without system apps and device not booting correctly - like you wouldnt wipe system in a custom recovery without installing a rom...).

It can be used over adb or terminal, but if you install a rom the system ui gets stopped, so better do it over adb!

kn0x0ut toolbox is 100% safe for your device - no hardbrick or efs clear possible by using it!

The worst thing that can happen when using the kn0x0ut toolbox is that you have to factory reset or flash again with odin, so keep the odin file close. (at best this is a custom made RDLV odin.tar.md5 you used to upgrade your rom version with - or for people who have to use other methods because of the new bootloader - keep the last odin file close you used to upgrade also.. and the root method that worked for you)

This whole thing "programmed" on/for a N9005 but in theory it should work for all samsung devices - including the other knox enabled devices and even on many other devices. (but it might need some adjustments, so be careful and have a way to restore your stock rom before you try anything fancy with other devices)

If your knox warranty is already void aka 0x1 then you can still use the toolbox and its mods (some could actually be useful to anyone..) but it won't bring back the warranty.

I didn't really create this thing for me actually - I already did the all steps the toolbox can do by hand with adb terminal on my device (and perfected my method with lots of trial and error..), but I wanted you guys to also be able to enjoy custom roms while keeping your knox warranty intact and show samsung a big FU for putting us through this BS in the first place...

If you like the toolbox and appreciate the work I put into this please consider buying me a beer or hitting the thanks button at least.

---

This kn0x0ut toolbox itself requires root access (if you want to be able to install mods and files you need to be able to mount system writable)!

You will have to use "Root de la vega" or some other method to get rooted while keeping your warranty intact.

IF YOU GET "PERMISSIONS DENIED" ERRORS, PLEASE TRY THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS TO REMOUNT YOUR SYSTEM WRITABLE:
    (please try them all, and report back in the thread which one works, and which fail or get permission denied)

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /system

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p23 /system

---

How to use:

Extract the download from below to the root of your internal or external sd card.
    The script will try to detect the folder first on the external and then on the internal sd.
    (/mnt/extSdCard/kn0x0ut or /sdcard/kn0x0ut)

Then browse into that directory with terminal or adb shell and type:

Code:
    sh kn0x0ut.sh

and you will get all the commands supported currently.

---

You can then use the command
    Code:
    sh kn0x0ut.sh kn0x0ut
    to install the script to your system's xbin folder and create a symlink to "/system/xbin/knoxout" as well.
    (if you want to upgrade kn0x0ut from an older version, make sure you delete all the duplicate old files from the kn0x0ut folder - basically everything but the "processed" and the backup folders if you have them, and replace them with the files from the latest versions download. Then re-run the "sh kn0x0ut.sh kn0x0ut" command to update the kn0x0ut script in your system/xbin folder as well)

From then on you can just type
    Code:
    kn0x0ut <command>
    or even easier:
    Code:
    knoxout <commands>

The script will automatically detect the kn0x0ut folder on the external or internal sd. (external has higher priority if both present)

To install a zip file meant to be flashed in CWM, you put in into the "put_files_folder". You can put zip, tar, tar.gz or already extracted files and folders into there.

---

To actually work, the files/folders must be in a certain stucture. The script expects already extracted files which get placed into the put_files_here folder to be in the structure like they would appear on the device.
    Think of the "put_files_here" folder as the root folder - files get placed on the system in the same structure as if the put_files_folder was the rootfs "/". So if you got a subfolder system/app inside the put_files_here folder, the files inside it will get pushed to /system/app... Hope this makes any sense, else someone else pls try to explain it better.

(NOTE: The script will only install files, it wont do additional magic if there is any contained inside the zip like aroma installer - its mainly meant to speed up the process of installing mods and/roms that require system files to be replaced. (and some things might need to be done by hand, if you want enhanced functionalities from aroma installer)

If you have a zip that does not fully install, check out if there are any scripts inside etc. - and also check the "not_installed" folder which gets created after each installation.

If you want to install a rom, make sure you are on the same base version as the rom you are trying to install. So if you want to flash rom "xyz" based on MK2 then you gotta have stock, but rooted MK2 installed (with odin and RDLV for example). If you want to mix versions, you can try - but I can't tell if that actually works or causes problems - I just would skip the BS and make sure you got the right base rom installed with odin before tying to install a custom rom with kn0x0ut...

---

See 2nd post for current command list.

See 3rd post for current list of available mods.

See 4th post for more detailed command explanation.

See 5th post for download.
    Code:
    >>> commands <<<

Help:
    -----
      help          - Display help
      listmods      - Display a list of all available mods

Backup:
    -------
      backup-base   - Backup system app and framework files
      backup-efs    - Backup efs partition
      backup-system - Backup system partition
      backup-data   - Backup data partition
      backup-full   - Backup system and data partition

Installation / Restore:
    -----------------------
      install      - Install contents of "put_files_here"
                     (place backup tar's there for restore)
                     For System Restore use "rom-install"!
                     For Data Restore run "clean-data" then "install"!
      rom-install  - As above but clean system apps, framework
                     and dalvik-cache before

Mod Installation:
    -----------------
      mod=[mods] - Install specified mods (for multiple seperate with ',')

Special:
    --------
      supersu      - Install supersu v1.80 to xbin (incl. init.d support for all kernels)
      busybox      - Install busybox v1.21.1 to xbin (incl. symlink-redirect)
      kn0x0ut      - Install kn0x0ut v2.30 to xbin
      fix_perm     - Install fix_permissions v2.10 to xbin
      backup_perm  - Install backup_permissions v2.00 to xbin

Cleaning:
    -----------------------
      clean-dalvik - Clean dalvik-cache
      clean-base   - Clean system apps and framework (MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL NEW BEFORE REBOOT!)
      clean-data   - Clean data partition to restore from backup (leaves sdcard content alone)

Bloatware Removal:
    ------------------
      removebloat-cooolboy  - Remove most bloatware (based on CoOoL_BoY's bloatware remove script)
      removebloat-zroice    - Remove bloatware hardcore mode (beware - most google stuff gone except playstore)

>>> commands END <<<
    Code:
    >>> available mods <<<

Mod: acid
    Description: ACID Audio Engine v5 (optimised for samsung)

Mod: acid_awesomebeats
    Description: ACID Audio Engine AddOn - Awesome Beats

Mod: acid_noozxoide
    Description: ACID Audio Engine AddOn - Noozxoide

Mod: aosp_browser
    Description: AOSP Browser (with Google, Startpage & Startpage Mobile)

Mod: aosp_clock
    Description: AOSP Clock (deinstall ClockPackage.apk if you want to use this)

Mod: bash
    Description: BASH Shell

Mod: busybox
    Description: busybox v1.21.1 (busybox.net) + special default symlink fixes

Mod: chronus
    Description: Chronus Clock Widget

Mod: forcelte
    Description: Init.d script to force lte on

Mod: onandroid
    Description: onandroid script v9.20 + necessary binaries (mkyaffs2image, dedupe)

Mod: onandroid_n9005
    Description: onandroid partition layout for N9005

Mod: openvpn
    Description: openvpn binary v2.1.1 (statically linked, no libs necessary)

Mod: sqlite3
    Description: sqlite3 binary + libs and init.d script to optimise db's at boot

Mod: zipalign
    Description: zipalign binary + init.d script to run at boot (fixed to make it work!)

>>> available mods END <<<
    Current Version: v2.30

### Downloads ###

Please do link to this thread if you want to use the kn0x0ut toolbox for other projects.
    (do not distribute kn0x0ut download links but instead link to this thread, not only for credits, but so people can report bugs etc in one place)

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND TRY TO REMOUNT YOUR SYSTEM WRITABLE BEFORE YOU TRY TO INSTALL A ROM! AND ONLY DO THAT OVER ADB SHELL!!!

>>> YOU HAVE TO RUN KN0X0UT AND ALL ITS COMMANDS AS ROOT USER IN TERMINAL OR OVER ADB SHELL. TO MAKE THE SHELL ROOT YOU HAVE TO TYPE "SU" AND THEN ENTER BEFORE USING ANY OF THE OTHER COMMANDS! <<<

kn0x0ut_2.31.zip - 14.84 MB

Do not run rom-install if any of the other commands fails, and please try them first. (at least busybox and supersu installation)
    Add ons and commands explained in detail:

1.) Fix permissions script is running after all the commands to ensure permissions are correct. You can also install the fix_permissions script as standalone command. (see command list)

2.) To install a rom or other cwm zip file put it into the "put_files_here" folder and run "install" or "rom-install" depending on what you want to do. You can also use this to restore system and data partition backups made by kn0x0ut or onandroid (those have to be in tar or tar.gz format).

3.) The busybox which gets installed is directly from busybox.net and has more commands than the "normal" busybox floating around from stericson.
    Additionally if you use the "busybox" command some symlinks will get redirected from toolbox to busybox and give enhanced functions.
    (for exampe: mv, cp, rmdir, rm, ...)

4.) "sqlite3" and "zipalign" will also install an init.d script so that they are running on system boot to optimize the dbs and/or zipalign the apks.

--- more to come ---